'24 CA TE Cole Harrison (Tennessee)

I think the Cole Harrison recruitment may get interesting this month. He tweeted out yesterday that Tennessee has offered. I think he has spoken with Tennessee this week. We will see if he visits.

Tennessee would like to sign two high school kids and a transfer in my opinion. They have to build some depth in that room with some youth as well as a portal guy.
-Hubbs

A little off-topic, but I see he was offered by both Army and Navy. I can't help but think I would have jumped at that opportunity to attend either one of those academies 20 years ago, regardless of who else offered.
You don’t just get to go to those schools because you’re offered. You have to go through several other criteria (grades and PT obviously) and be nominated by a congressman or senator. They are allowed to give out 5 nominations per year. So you basically have a 1/15 chance of being selected (if you lived in TN)

You don’t just get to go to those schools because you’re offered. You have to go through several other criteria (grades and PT obviously) and be nominated by a congressman or senator. They are allowed to give out 5 nominations per year. So you basically have a 1/15 chance of being selected (if you lived in TN)
I think it is even more restrictive than that. I believe each member of congress (as well as the vice president) are allowed five nominees, but that they may not have more than five at an academy at any one time. So it isn't necessarily even five nominations per congressman per year. My next door neighbor growing up, who was several years younger than me, received a nomination and eventual appointment to the Air Force Academy.

Reactions: HeadVol77
I think it is even more restrictive than that. I believe each member of congress (as well as the vice president) are allowed five nominees, but that they may not have more than five at an academy at any one time. So it isn't necessarily even five nominations per congressman per year. My next door neighbor growing up, who was several years younger than me, received a nomination and eventual appointment to the Air Force Academy.
I think we may be saying the same thing. When i went through that process, Congressman Duncan, Senator Frist and Senator Alexander were each allowed 5 nominations to the Air Force Academy, Naval and West Point. So if they wanted, they could use one of their nominations to two different schools on you like Duncan did for me ;). This was why Ben Carson got so much flack because he said he received a scholarship to West Point, when technically there is no “scholarship”

MJO0M0.gif

VN Store

Back