‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

We finished with a top 10 class in year 1 in spite of everything going against us. How do you think that happens? Watch what happens in '23.

Are you a donor to Spyre? Are you part of the solution or do you just complain about what you perceive to be a problem?

It’s a question. That’s it.
I’m part of the solution and expect to compete for titles not participation trophies.

We were coming off of a 3-7 year, when Heupel arrived there was nobody in the office, he had no relationships with anyone in this class, and we were under NCAA investigation. And we signed the number 10 class on On3, number 12 class on 247, and number 11 class on Rivals.

BuT wHeRe'S oUr NiL?!?
34C68E5A-030A-4D9C-91A2-281BCFA30CA2.gif

Lol still 0 evidence. Just some talking head saying we have a good NIL program. Wouldn’t surprise me to have the reality that UGA/Bama/TAM are taking it seriously, unlike our admin.
A former player “talking head” vs some keyboard warrior complaining with no first hand knowledge of the situation comparing our recruiting coming off our worst decade ever vs 3 top 5 teams.

Keep cutting your wrists though.

Swain also went as far as to say on The Nation that we’ll be in the top third of the SEC in NIL with what the boosters and Spyre are doing. Spyre is leveraging our huge fan base and passionate fans. Just imagine once the train is rolling and we add all the bandwagon fans that left and new fans
They (Spyre) are going to have to leverage a lot harder because I reached out to them last year expressing that I was considering a donation and wanted to know more about what they do, expecting a pitch of some grand vision that excited me, and the response I received was pretty lame and very vague. Just some blanket statement about how they create events for athletes and work to find companies across the state who want to work with student athletes. You would think that if they're trying find companies who want to work with student athletes, and someone emails them saying they're considering a donation, that they'd ask me about my company or offer to set up a call or invite me to a dinner or conference or at the very minimum explain in detail how they could use my donation to benefit UT football. I wasn't inspired by the reply so I let it go. They didn't follow-up. At that time it would not have been hard to convince me to get on board.

Last edited:
They (Spyre) are going to have to leverage a lot harder because I reached out to them last year expressing that I was considering a donation and wanted to know more about what they do, expecting a pitch of some grand vision that excited me, and the response I received was pretty lame and very vague. Just some blanket statement about how they create events for athletes and work to find companies across the state who want to work with student athletes. You would think that if they're trying find companies who want to work with student athletes, and someone emails them saying they're considering a donation, that they'd ask me about my company or offer to set up a call or invite me to a dinner or conference or at the very minimum explain in detail how they could use my donation to benefit UT football. I wasn't inspired by the reply so I let it go. They didn't follow-up. At that time it would not have been hard to convince me to get on board.
They may not be set up to take donations. They are acting as facilitators for athletes and businesses to create business araingements, not as a money laundering service.

Lol still 0 evidence. Just some talking head saying we have a good NIL program. Wouldn’t surprise me to have the reality that UGA/Bama/TAM are taking it seriously, unlike our admin.
You guys have to get it through your thick heads. The admins can’t do anything with NIL. All they do is control our graphics which we are one of the best. The companies, athletes and (unofficially boosters) are the ones responsible for NIL

Because when other big time schools really want a guy they get him. We don't. It's pretty obvious.
You just see the losses. Look at all the guys we got right before the deadline that other big schools wanted. Pearce, Joseph, Justin Williams, Desmond Williams, West, etc

We also got Neyor from several big schools (and he didn’t even visit!!! And shut out others). But he ultimately wanted to stay home. Swain said he had some good reasons that he won’t expose.

Reactions: SugarCC
You do realize the admin has nothing to do with the NIL right?

I mean I’m all in with you we have one of the most incompetent administrations in all of college football at least until Danny White came on board. All of that said this is one thing you can’t lay on them.

Reactions: Falcons02
Because when other big time schools really want a guy they get him. We don't. It's pretty obvious.
How do you know it’s just the NIL? Not the fact we’re being investigated, have been through numerous coaching staffs in the last several years, and haven’t been good in a couple decades?

I will say I think we’re a little behind some teams on NIL but I don’t think it’s as huge a factor as some think.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back