‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Why? Gut feelings don't count.

1st - and most importantly - I think he understands the opportunity he has to play in this offense. The numbers this staff creates cannot be overlooked.

I mean NO disrespect to Hendon, Drew Lock, or Gabriel, but Nico would be the most talented QB Heupel has ever had. By far.

2nd - NIL won’t be an issue and not just NIL deals but creative deals that are built around elevating Nico and his “brand” can be had here that aren’t as available at other places.

I think Spyre is going above and beyond what most other schools are from a marketing perspective to try and not just get student athletes paid, but help create lifelong opportunities and connections that help build the brands of student athletes.

3rd - I think the biggest competition is Bama and they’re still deep in the Arch sweepstakes, Nico is our priority. The 3rd team has altered between Ohio St and Oregon, but I think the Oregon interest is more about getting some of the kids around him more looks and potential offers.

And most "regular" students graduate with $100K $35-45K in student-loan debt.

Which is ridiculous in this country. But that doesn’t have anything to do with whether or not colleges should be able to monetize the likeness of a college athlete and collect all the money while the athlete receives none of it.

Because “regular” students aren’t doing for the schools what college athletes are. In short, college athletes are worth more.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
Which is ridiculous in this country. But that doesn’t have anything to do with whether or not colleges should be able to monetize the likeness of a college athlete and collect all the money while the athlete receives none of it.

Because “regular” students aren’t doing for the schools what college athletes are. In short, college athletes are worth more.

The debate is pointless…….but they do receive something…….free education, free living conditions, free clothes, free food, free healthcare, free tutoring, free networking, etc….

I got it and at small school for a meaningless sport…….and still knew we were privileged over the “regular “ student body.

Ah, I thought you were talking about their time before getting to the university. My bad
Either way he is still wrong… the average student doesn’t have to be up at 4 am for workouts or drills… then go to class… the have meetings before practice then have practice then more meetings after practice and then study hall… yeah athletes do get more benefits but they earn them and have very little “free time”

Reactions: drvenner
How many millions does a regular student make for the school? For those on academic scholarship, how much does the school make in concessions off of them? Typical perspective from someone like you.
Your argument is real. But fortunately people are beginning to see through it and the fact that athletes are privileged and not necessarily an asset to society. Our value in an athlete should be no more than a chemist, engineer, doctor, nurse, or teacher. These people work to improve our society. Why should athletes leave college with no debt?

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
What this staff can do with QBs coupled with the way they targeted Tayven Jackson after Ty Simpson and Sam Horn committed so early to other places last year gives me confidence they'll get a good QB prospect.

With that said, I believe they are as in it with Nico as any other school and it will be interesting to see how the QB dominoes fall.

Reactions: SugarCC
Either way he is still wrong… the average student doesn’t have to be up at 4 am for workouts or drills… then go to class… the have meetings before practice then have practice then more meetings after practice and then study hall… yeah athletes do get more benefits but they earn them and have very little “free time”
Only "wrong" because I don't agree with you. It's all good. Some "regular" students work while taking a full course load.

Compared to the average student, athletes have it much better in college
To the spoils goes those with a cultivated talent.

Same with the academic scholarships. My engineer buddy received like 10k/year at UT for his stipend. He also studied 40 hours a week. And ofc these top athletes pour all their free time into the value-producing work too.

Reactions: peaygolf
Your argument is real. But fortunately people are beginning to see through it and the fact that athletes are privileged and not necessarily an asset to society. Our value in an athlete should be no more than a chemist, engineer, doctor, nurse, or teacher. These people work to improve our society. Why should athletes leave college with no debt?
They are adding far more value than they're receiving....hellooo...

There's a reason their sport affords $10mm coaches...and they get a dang scholarship and COL stipend...

Does an academic scholar provide (free market estimate) $2mm a year to the entity?

Athletes provide as much value as people are willing to spend on their cable bill, tickets, etc. Apparently it's a LOT.

Players from top revenue sports are very inequitably compensated, that much is obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of math.

Reactions: #1GatorHater
They are adding far more value than they're receiving....hellooo...

There's a reason their sport affords $10mm coaches...and they get a dang scholarship and COL stipend...

Does an academic scholar provide (free market estimate) $2mm a year to the entity?

Athletes provide as much value as people are willing to spend on their cable bill, tickets, etc. Apparently it's a LOT.

Players from top revenue sports are very inequitably compensated, that much is obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of math.
All very true.
Still doesn't mean that paying AMATEURS is right.

VN Store

Back