‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

“Man it was really exciting. I got to a little rivalry game. The last time I was here I only got to see the Vanderbilt game and there weren’t too many fans around,” Iamaleava recalled. “This game though, this game was magical. I got to bring my mom and my aunties out. It was a fun one.

“I think I’ve always expected this kind of atmosphere. The coaches have talked to me about it. I’ve heard the fans take about it. I think it was everything that I expected it to be. It was loud the whole game and I loved it.”

“Hendon Hooker is a tough guy. He should be a Heisman candidate after this game,” Iamaleava shared. “He showed what he can do against a top defense like Florida. There were a lot of big guys out there on defense for Florida. He really showed his toughness. He had two passing touchdowns and ran for one, that guy is god for sure.”

Because this is college football recruiting we’re talking about here, Iamaleava hasn’t stopped hearing from suitors hoping that he’ll have a change of mind. He doesn’t sound like a prospect with a wandering eye though.

“There’s a lot of teams knocking on the door. It’s mostly just been on my twitter lately. I honestly don’t even respond. I’m locked in,” Iamaleava said in a quote that will go down well with Tennessee fans.

“I’m coming back here for the Bama game and I should be here for the Kentucky game,” he said. “I’m going to try to make the LSU game but I don’t know if I’ll make that one, we’ll see though. I want to see them on the road too.”

- VQ

Nico is about as locked in as a recruit can get. Other schools need to stop wasting time lol. He’s going to come back to Knoxville for two more games and then maybe see us on the road too lol. But, yeah, totally a guy that might be flipped.

Pretty sure Nick Saban sent one of his assistants to see him several months ago.

He’s easily the best QB in this class.

Pretty sure Nick Saban sent one of his assistants to see him several months ago.

He’s easily the best QB in this class.

Don’t care. He’s not flipping. And why would he after the offensive numbers he has seen this year by Hooker? This offense is a QB’s dream.

Don’t care. He’s not flipping. And why would he after the offensive numbers he has seen this year by Hooker? This offense is a QB’s dream.

Oh I agree.

I was just stating that Nick’s Sabans two QBs he has committed now, weren’t even his first choice.

That’s how good Nico is.

Nico is about as locked in as a recruit can get. Other schools need to stop wasting time lol. He’s going to come back to Knoxville for two more games and then maybe see us on the road too lol. But, yeah, totally a guy that might be flipped.
I think it is a matter of keeping their name in his ear if things don't go as HE planned once he gets on campus. I'm not sure he starts as a freshman, but he may be convinced that he will. If that doesn't happen, does he search out greener pastures? He seems more level-headed than that, but at one point, Antonio Brown probably sounded like a reasonable person, too...haha.

Regardless, I don't think many, if any schools realistically believe they can flip him. They just want to stay in the back of his mind just in case he has a change of heart a year from now.

I go to meet Niko in the Game Day area on Friday. He was just hanging about with a small group ow what looked to be family, his brother etc. My kids and I strolled up, welcomed him to the Hill and he gave us a few pics and was absolutely gracious and humble of a kid as you'd ever want to meet. I almost felt bad because a few people saw us getting pics - a few minutes later there 30 people in line.

Can't wait to see what he can do.

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]
He has 8 million reasons not to flip

I go to meet Niko in the Game Day area on Friday. He was just hanging about with a small group ow what looked to be family, his brother etc. My kids and I strolled up, welcomed him to the Hill and he gave us a few pics and was absolutely gracious and humble of a kid as you'd ever want to meet. I almost felt bad because a few people saw us getting pics - a few minutes later there 30 people in line.

Can't wait to see what he can do.
Well we know who to blame if he decommits.

Head coach Josh Heupel is in California to see Nico Iamaleava. Heupel would have been there sooner but a cross country trip takes time and most on-the-road recruiting in-season is done fairly close to home. The bye week affords all coaches a chance to venture out a little further. Before heading to Cali, Heupel was in Murfreesboro to see Caleb Herring play Siegel.
-VQ

VN Store

Back