‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

The team he went against has an absolutely loaded secondary. Warren's receivers didn't stand a chance against most those guys.

Well, I’m glad he’s okay. Hope his OL improves throughout his season so he can stay healthy. I also watched the video of his injury and he needs to learn to slide and get down quicker. Party of the injury was honestly his fault. Don’t dance around. Get down.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Well, I’m glad he’s okay. Hope his OL improves throughout his season so he can stay healthy. I also watched the video of his injury and he needs to learn to slide and get down quicker. Party of the injury was honestly his fault. Don’t dance around. Get down.
Yeah, I kinda thought the same. Dude wasn't sure if he was about to make a move or slide.

Yes, of course there are some kids showing up physically and mentally ready to play at that level. They are the exception. It would be malpractice for a coach to plan for that.

If he can run the full offense at full speed, and is ready to take the hits (in the SEC) when he's called or forced to run, then he should play. Just seems unlikely that will be true year one.

Absolutely!! really hoping we won't have to find out. Best case scenario is Milton continues to improve his accuracy and putting touch on the ball so he can run our offense as a SR. Then let Nico And Jackson battle it out. Unless Nico shows up and plays like Texas's QB. They beat Ala if he didn't get hurt. But much prefer not having to play with a FR QB.

Reactions: SSVol
Kevin Pearson knows quarterbacks. Pearson coached Bryce Young at Los Angeles Cathedral before the former five-star and Alabama superstar QB transferred to Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei. Pearson currently coaches Tennessee pledge and five-star Nico Iamaleava at Downey (Calif.) Warren. Pearson has seen the best of the best. And Iamaleava lives up to that billing.

“The first thing that jumps out is his arm strength,” Pearson said. “He has a plus, plus arm and he has a quick release, too. It’s a lot like Bryce Young, where the ball just jumps off his hand. The other thing he does is at 6-foot-6 he plays like he’s a 6-foot little scrambling type of guy. He’s so great getting in and out of the pocket. His footwork is so good he makes multiple guys miss in the pocket, and I don’t ever remember him being sacked by the first guy. He’s always sidestepping guys and ducking away from guys and slithering away from guys.

...And NIL deals won’t change Iamaleava’s gravitational pull with teammates. “Nico will win them over because his personality is infectious,” Pearson said. “He’s always pumping guys up. He doesn’t big-time anybody. He might wear the glasses and the pajama bottoms, but once you know him he’s one of the most accommodating, gracious, respectful kids I've ever met. He’s going to command that locker room. They’re going to love him because of his work ethic and how he treats people. He’s going to win that locker room over in a second. Not only is he elite as an athlete but he’s elite as a young man.”
VolReport - Nico Iamaleava's coach is sold on QB's talents, bright future

VN Store

Back