'18 CA QB JT Shrout (UT signee)

Good arm, throws off his back foot a lot. Either we need all of their WR or everyone else is slow cuz they burn everyone

Reactions: 1 person
Why waste a scholarship on a QB this year? We just had 2 decommit and there’s not a lot to choose from with the exception of flipping someone. I say use that scholarship to go after a big need like OL or LB and go after a big time QB next year.

Because this past season we were dangerously close to having to play a walk on QB. You sign atleast 1 every year. Not to mention there is no guarantee Dormady stays and if he does that leaves us with 2 Soph scholarship QB's and several walk ins. That's asking for trouble.

Like like like.

Has everything you want. Couldn't care less about the INT's in his first year of action.

You can coach that and help him slow the game down. He's got a lot of the attributes you can't coach though.

Reactions: 3 people
Bunch of DA’s in this thread that can’t recognize arm talent. This guy is rated at same place as Penix but is taller and projects better in the type of offense we will run. You cry about Penix decommit but gripe about this kid. Just want to gripe and complain about everything. Comparing this kid with CJ Lewis or TL is laughable. With coaching change and the season we had, we are not going to get a top two QB. If I am wrong and somehow we get TL, Jones, or Fields then I will be estatic to have been wrong. But I don’t see that happening. Glad we might get this guy late. Another guy not highly touted went to Cal and tore it up. Any of you guys know who that was without googling it?

He had a couple jaw dropping throws in there. He’s got great potential if we develop him for a year or two (a novel idea in light of the past 8 years).

i think just based on #'s (assuming they don't change between now and the fall) if we did get this kid in the fold, he'd be a likely red shirt to do just that.

that, of course, would depend greatly on whether or not we are able to keep JG and QD on the roster. it's not known whether or not QD will transfer. if he does, then things get real dicey, real quick. gotta have a back up plan.

i think our QB situation is better than it was when Jones got here, but on #'s it's really not. Pruitt could be facing some similar decisions over the next year or so as Jones did with Dobbs.

Have you watched the highlights. He was running for his life more often than not lol

Pressure is an excuse for some of those INTs
But surely to goodness we aren't excusing the body of work.

He throws a pick roughy every 14-15 passes.
That's crazy awful

It's probably been talked about, but the article in the op's post got extremely creepy at the end. Not sure I would have used that metaphor when referring to a high school boy.

Pressure is an excuse for some of those INTs
But surely to goodness we aren't excusing the body of work.

He throws a pick roughy every 14-15 passes.
That's crazy awful

yeah, it is. but i agree with the pressure issue. they rolled this kid out so much, even in the high lights, he was predominantly in roll outs on his drop backs. that has to be a reaction to pressure they apparently got regularly.

probably led to some of his throwing off front foot, and sometimes weird drop backs. the few times where he dropped back, set his back foot....he throws a really good ball. get him an O line and a running game, some tall WR's....dude could be pretty darn good.

he certainly looks the part, and those NFL guys certainly saw enough to laud his basic skill set as a foundation to build from.

Bunch of DA’s in this thread that can’t recognize arm talent. This guy is rated at same place as Penix but is taller and projects better in the type of offense we will run. You cry about Penix decommit but gripe about this kid. Just want to gripe and complain about everything. Comparing this kid with CJ Lewis or TL is laughable. With coaching change and the season we had, we are not going to get a top two QB. If I am wrong and somehow we get TL, Jones, or Fields then I will be estatic to have been wrong. But I don’t see that happening. Glad we might get this guy late. Another guy not highly touted went to Cal and tore it up. Any of you guys know who that was without googling it?

Shrout has measurables behind his rankings with terrible results

Penix might not have the same impressive measurables but he shows excellent results.

You can't measure "IT" for QBs and the results show his kid doesn't have it

Shrout has measurables behind his rankings with terrible results

Penix might not have the same impressive measurables but he shows excellent results.

You can't measure "IT" for QBs and the results show his kid doesn't have it

Those 26 picks Peyton threw during his rookie year sure back up that statement.

Reactions: 14 people
Not flipping Lawrence at this late date. I'm sure they'll give all they have to flip the guys they really want. If it doesn't work out, take this kid with the talent he obviously has. Coach the mistakes out of him. Might get lucky, but we do need a qb in every class. Crap happens. No telling which of our current QBs will hang, transfer or get injured.

I have a Max Preps Account. It appears he got hit a ton this year. The Rancho Verde game shows he was hurried 21 times. In another loss he was sacked 5 times, and I am sure hurried many more. It looks like in the game film they roll him out a ton. I am guessing the picks are a combination of bad line play, inexperience, and bad decisions.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back