'19 CA ATH/WR Horace "Bru" McCoy (Tennessee commit)

Brian Kelly is a very good coach. He’s had success everywhere he’s been (despite being a weirdo with recruits)
Is it me or was he not a weirdo until the moment he left for LSU?

Maybe he was just suppressing it all those years at hoity toity Notre Dame.

He can let his freak flag fly down in Baton Rouge

I have a buddy that lives in Pheonix. I asked him about Rattler when he was coming out of high school. Kid supposedly has a me first attitude that didn't sit well with a lot of people. I always take things like that with a grain of salt, but his coach at Oklahoma didn't take him to USC either.
Someone posted a video one time of him interacting with either teammates or other players at a camp when he was in high school. He was a cocky prick to the other kids. Straight up trash talking prick. Unless he's grown up, he's going to be a cancer wherever he goes.

Someone posted a video one time of him interacting with either teammates or other players at a camp when he was in high school. He was a cocky prick to the other kids. Straight up trash talking prick. Unless he's grown up, he's going to be a cancer wherever he goes.
Netflix had a show called QB1 and he was one of the players featured. It shows you all you need to know. And the “mystery” surrounding him not being able to finish his senior year.

Is it me or was he not a weirdo until the moment he left for LSU?

Maybe he was just suppressing it all those years at hoity toity Notre Dame.

He can let his freak flag fly down in Baton Rouge
I don't necessarily think he's a weirdo, just trying too hard to come off as hip. ND isn't a cool brand like LSU, which is what he's trying (and miserably failing) to adopt towards his own image to attract recruits, which isn't necessary.

In his defense, it is hard as hell to get into Notre Dame, so that shrinks his talent pool. I am guessing the bar is a lot lower at LSU. He may do well, but he may just be another Les Miles.
He's not as good as Les Miles IMO. Notre Dame had the benefit of absolutely playing nobody. Les had the SEC to deal with and a better record. Brian Kelly is a fake much like Butch Jones.

In their spring game Rattler was 8-10 for 79 yds, 0 TD and 4 sacks. Doty was 7-10 for 85 yds, 1 TD and 1 sack. Neither threw an interception.
Five sacks in 25 dropbacks... Sounds like avoiding interceptions and incompletions was a major point of emphasis.

I don't necessarily think he's a weirdo, just trying too hard to come off as hip. ND isn't a cool brand like LSU, which is what he's trying (and miserably failing) to adopt towards his own image to attract recruits, which isn't necessary.
You only have to be as cool as Les Miles to win a National Championship at LSU. I mean, how cool is that really?

In his defense, it is hard as hell to get into Notre Dame, so that shrinks his talent pool. I am guessing the bar is a lot lower at LSU. He may do well, but he may just be another Les Miles.
I think his whole style and persona was a fit at ND.

LSU is really testing the theory that culture fit doesn't matter if you are a good coach, because Brian Kelly has absolutely nothing in common with anyone in Louisiana or the kids that now make up his recruiting base.

The same could probably have been said of Saban at Bama too, so who knows. If I was to bet on it, I think he is going to be a disaster at LSU.

Doty actually played fair against the SEC last season. Not a world beater but Rattler is drama and will get LIT in this Conference.
Doty had a worse qb rating than JG….. Rattler was brought in to be the starter and he will start… it may end up going really bad if his attitude is a huge problem… He is a better qb than our fans give him credit but no where near as good as some of the media states.

Doty had a worse qb rating than JG….. Rattler was brought in to be the starter and he will start… it may end up going really bad if his attitude is a huge problem… He is a better qb than our fans give him credit but no where near as good as some of the media states.
Yeah I haven't seen anything from USCjr 247 that suggests he won't start.

I also agree he's better than some think, he had a very strong freshman year. But not as good as some media predict. Imo a 93 transfer rating is pretty much how I feel. He certainly has talent, no doubt, but maybe not world class either. There's plenty of room in the gray area.

I have a buddy that lives in Pheonix. I asked him about Rattler when he was coming out of high school. Kid supposedly has a me first attitude that didn't sit well with a lot of people. I always take things like that with a grain of salt, but his coach at Oklahoma didn't take him to USC either.

That's the problem. You need to start taking these things with a grade of slaw.

Reactions: bigorange
Oh he’s ***** weirdo. Dude probably wears high heels and lipstick at home while at singing “Calling Baton Rouge”.

VN Store

Back