'25 CA Ath LaVar Arrington II

Maybe Sandusky jumped in the shower with Daddy Arrington at PSU, giving us a real shot at the son?

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
Everyone knows why he didn't go there. It's because his brother had to stop playing football.
Ummm…yeah. So if he’d gone to OM, it wouldn’t have been to follow his father, it would’ve been to play with his brother. And since he couldn’t play with his brother, he didn’t feel any obligation to follow his father…so he went to UT.

Reactions: SugarCC and butchna
"Tennessee is a very good school," said Arrington, who's ranked the No. 551 overall prospect and No. 37 athlete in the 2025 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. "It's (a good) culture. It's a football school, you could tell. You walk in, it's built on an indoor field, so you know they play football here."
"I mean, I already knew that Tennessee was built on football," said Arrington, who has received offers from at least 17 schools. "It's a very good football school, and it's what I expected — a nice school and stadium very big, very beautiful, and a very good school. …
"Tennessee reached out to me, and they were pretty much on me a whole bunch. And they were recruiting me hard, so I just give them a chance, just like every other school, like Oregon and Penn State. I just thought that I could see it from their point of view and as a football player's point of view who would come to (Tennessee)."
"Like I said, I'm a football player and I truly look for a program that has a good football culture to it," Arrington said. "And I feel like the Vols definitely have a really good football program and culture to it, and they're definitely one at the top of my list.

"We don't know the exact date yet, but I definitely will be taking an official visit here."
"You could tell he's old-school," Arrington said of Inge. "He's my type of guy. He's a leader and he's a mentor, and I'd love to play for him."
"They see me as, like, a hybrid — can play edge rusher, D-end, outside linebacker, wherever," he said of Tennessee.
r.callahan

r.callahan
"They see me as, like, a hybrid — can play edge rusher, D-end, outside linebacker, wherever," he said of Tennessee.

@NighthawkVol

His father played ILB back in the day, but if he were coming out in this era, he also would have ended up playing EDGE imo. Arrington was an insane athlete and still could play ILB in todays game, but I believe he would have been more valuable as an edge pressure guy.

His son has shown good bend and closing speed. Not sure he’s ahead of some of the guys we’re in on tho, like Jared Smith

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Ummm…yeah. So if he’d gone to OM, it wouldn’t have been to follow his father, it would’ve been to play with his brother. And since he couldn’t play with his brother, he didn’t feel any obligation to follow his father…so he went to UT.
Do you know Peyton personally? Because that's not what he's said in interviews. He said he had every intention of following his dad but once his brother got hurt and because of Coach Cut he decided to go to Tennessee instead. So....if his brother had not got hurt, they would have BOTH followed Archie. So my point remains the same, most legacy players go to where their family have played. You're trying too hard pard.

Do you know Peyton personally? Because that's not what he's said in interviews. He said he had every intention of following his dad but once his brother got hurt and because of Coach Cut he decided to go to Tennessee instead. So....if his brother had not got hurt, they would have BOTH followed Archie. So my point remains the same, most legacy players go to where their family have played. You're trying too hard pard.
His brother getting hurt didn’t prevent him from following his dad if he’d wanted to. But following his dad wasn’t his motivator in going to Ole Miss…playing with his brother was. If following his dad was his motivator in going to OM, guess where he would have gone to school?

I’m trying too hard? 😂 Ironic. This is actually very simple logic that you’re trying to twist into something it isn’t. NOTHING prevented Peyton from following his dad. Nothing. Cooper’s injury only prevented him from playing with Cooper and that was the dispositive issue as OM was concerned. Which is obvious.

Last edited:
Reactions: SugarCC

VN Store

Back