Bye Bye Louisville

I believe that we were told they weren't even wearing them, but then we had photo evidence that at least one was wearing his (but it's presumably off). IDK, it's hard to keep up with all the changing facts in this case.
Holy crapballs.if true, That pushes me firmly back into the cops effed up side of things.

So a guy with no drugs in his house decides to have a shootout with known police officers (who conveniently have their body cams off) for no reason? You believe what you want to believe, witness or not.

The likely scenario here is they're told to knock. They don't want to knock. They turn off their body cams, no knock, and then find a witness to cover their ass.
This seals the deal then. Huff was there.

Didn't you see the word "Breaking" in the tweet, that means it's irrefutable.

Also, is there a waiver us registered gun owners can have on stand by so when our front door is kicked in at 3am we can have the intruders attest that they are in fact police?
You’re a “registered” gun owner? Damn you’re not as smart as I’ve given you credit for all this time. I figured you lost all of yours in a horrible boating accident like we all did.

So a guy with no drugs in his house decides to have a shootout with known police officers (who conveniently have their body cams off) for no reason? You believe what you want to believe, witness or not.

The likely scenario here is they're told to knock. They don't want to knock. They turn off their body cams, no knock, and then find a witness to cover their ass.

Seems like there's a missing piece in this discussion regardless of a knock or no knock warrant. The warrant should specify explicitly whether the door can be forced; I assume in a no knock warrant it's implied, but otherwise the "right" to break in even if the knock is ignored should be clearly specified. Imminent loss of life should pretty much be the only reason for police breaking and entering.

Reactions: midnight orange
Ummm. It takes me that long to get out of bed and get the shower up to temp. Seems like as long as we pay their salaries the least they can do is show a little respect.

How about respect the property owner? The cops don't pay for damages when they bust through doors, the property owner does. Heck what if someone is taking an Alabama? If it's a regular warrant and not a no-knock give someone time to answer the door.

How about respect the property owner? The cops don't pay for damages when they bust through doors, the property owner does. Heck what if someone is taking an Alabama? If it's a regular warrant and not a no-knock give someone time to answer the door.

Yep, its like I said just above, this has all been about knock/no-knock. The real issue is that the warrant should specifically cover whether breaking and entering is permitted - and the justification for that. Put the heat on the judges and legislators rather than the cops who get stuck enforcing poor policy.

Yep, its like I said just above, this has all been about knock/no-knock. The real issue is that the warrant should specifically cover whether breaking and entering is permitted - and the justification for that. Put the heat on the judges and legislators rather than the cops who get stuck enforcing poor policy.

I agree with that. Every warrant should have clear instructions on what's permitted.

Also, cops should refuse to work without body cams.

Reactions: AM64 and BisonVol
I haven't followed the whole story but I have wondered whether the guys who executed the warrant included the investigator(s) who provided the information for the warrant, which I assume came from a C.I. I assume, perhaps wrongly, that these guys were part of a tactical unit that does forced entries and all they know about this is what the warrant states. Again, I assume a C.I. said there were drugs and a gun in the apartment.

Do cans of tuna explode when exposed to extreme heat?
Asking for a friend.
I say bring out the water cannons. They will serve 3 purposes.

1) It will knock the rioters off their feet.
2) It will give those nasty people a bath and wash the stank off of them.
3) It will wash the blood off the streets after they bust their skulls on the pavement from falling down.

VN Store

Back