Bye Bye Louisville

Isn't it implied in the 4th Amendment that with proper warrants the government can enter your property and seize your property or you?

Yes, it is, but it also includes the term "unreasonable". That would imply temperate justice and that it be applied in reasonable instances. I don't see the application here, and I don't see how any reasonable person could. The use should be applicable only when there is the real threat of immediate loss of life - you know they are building bombs or executing hostages.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
The bf who wasnt involved in any way with the crimes the search warrant was for?
the boyfriend was also involved in the drug activity....the other drug dealer side piece was attempting to pay for his rent and to get him a job at UPS or FedEx to help him move product

the boyfriend was also involved in the drug activity....the other drug dealer side piece was attempting to pay for his rent and to get him a job at UPS or FedEx to help him move product
Was that part of the warrant? Until its proven in court he is GUILTY of nothing.

And even if he is guilty but not covered under the warrant I have a major issue with that type of scope creep.

Yes, it is, but it also includes the term "unreasonable". That would imply temperate justice and that it be applied in reasonable instances. I don't see the application here, and I don't see how any reasonable person could. The use should be applicable only when there is the real threat of immediate loss of life - you know they are building bombs or executing hostages.

I was responding to what I thought was a larger point that cops should never be able to enter our property

Was that part of the warrant? Until its proven in court he is GUILTY of nothing.

And even if he is guilty but not covered under the warrant I have a major issue with that type of scope creep.
The 4 addresses were all listed in the warrants and they always include all persons at those residences, even at the time of the serving

Tell me how I'm wrong? Cops finding any way to murder black people has been going on since this country's foundation. Now they were just given another way of doing it.
Well, what have you done for black people out from behind a keyboard? Other than get on Volnation trolling like a little female dog what have you done?

I was responding to what I thought was a larger point that cops should never be able to enter our property

I thought I understood what you meant - that the constitution does say that generally we have the right to be secure from government intrusion, but they did throw in that "unreasonable" qualifier which apparently means it's not an absolute right. My problem is that with the passage of years the balance between individual liberties and government rights has shifted more and more away from individual rights in many instances. Often it's done with purpose - like supposedly to protect against another 9/11, but then there's the old thing about good intentions paving the path to hell.

Not good enough IMO. If the warrant was a knock first warrant I'd think the resident should be afforded a reasonable amount of time to get out of bed and put some clothes on and verify it's actually police at the door.

Define reasonable. I'm gonna want a long shower to wake up, get dressed, and eat breakfast before they get a chance to haul me away or otherwise interrupt my day - anything less is uncivil and unreasonable.

From my understanding It was a no-knock warrant.... the cop in charge told them that he wanted them to knock bc they believed it was a soft target.... the warrant itself wasn’t ever changed.....the cops “claim” they knocked repeatedly and announced themselves.

Sure they say that.

*whispers* open up, police

From my understanding It was a no-knock warrant.... the cop in charge told them that he wanted them to knock bc they believed it was a soft target.... the warrant itself wasn’t ever changed.....the cops “claim” they knocked repeatedly and announced themselves.
Idk who the witness is, but this is clear 👇

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Define reasonable. I'm gonna want a long shower to wake up, get dressed, and eat breakfast before they get a chance to haul me away or otherwise interrupt my day - anything less is uncivil and unreasonable.

I'd say around 5 minutes give or take, depending on time of day.

I'd say around 5 minutes give or take, depending on time of day.

Ummm. It takes me that long to get out of bed and get the shower up to temp. Seems like as long as we pay their salaries the least they can do is show a little respect.

Idk who the witness is, but this is clear 👇

So a guy with no drugs in his house decides to have a shootout with known police officers (who conveniently have their body cams off) for no reason? You believe what you want to believe, witness or not.

The likely scenario here is they're told to knock. They don't want to knock. They turn off their body cams, no knock, and then find a witness to cover their ass.

Nah man. Grassroots doesn't have to be disorganized.

Now if a dozen semi trucks with trailer full of protestor gear roll in, then I think you're on to something.

What are you implying there McDad?

So a guy with no drugs in his house decides to have a shoot out with known police officers (who conveniently have their body cams off). You believe what you want to believe, witness or not.

Didn't you see the word "Breaking" in the tweet, that means it's irrefutable.

Also, is there a waiver us registered gun owners can have on stand by so when our front door is kicked in at 3am we can have the intruders attest that they are in fact police?

So a guy with no drugs in his house decides to have a shootout with known police officers (who conveniently have their body cams off) for no reason? You believe what you want to believe, witness or not.

The likely scenario here is they're told to knock. They don't want to knock. They turn off their body cams, no knock, and then find a witness to cover their ass.
Wait wait wait. Body cams were off?

Or we just dont have the video yet?

Wait wait wait. Body cams were off?

Or we just dont have the video yet?

I believe that we were told they weren't even wearing them, but then we had photo evidence that at least one was wearing his (but it's presumably off). IDK, it's hard to keep up with all the changing facts in this case.

VN Store

Back