Bye Bye Butchie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be a blessing in disguise. Would it really be a good thing to go to the playoff game and be seriously embarrassed?

This team is decimated by injuries. DECIMATED. Really unprecedented. We played poorly today and seemed to lack focus. You could tell from the press conferences last 2 weeks that CBJ was out of sorts. The head coaches mental state has transferred to the players. CBJ is having trouble regrouping. The team is mentally fatigued and out of sorts as well. This team has played funky since the first game and was very healthy at that point. CBJ will have one more year. Poor coaching was evident from game 1, but there are some other things contributing to the problem. GBO.

Definitely a lot of injuries, however, there must be some internal issues most of us don' t know anything about. This team has been a "strange" team all year . Came out with 17 starters back and squeaked by App St. In the first game. Chemistry problem maybe? Not sure but definitely something going on under the scenes.

Reactions: 5 people
Then you're part of the problem.

I'm sure you're right; I'm guessing you always are.

But while I'm sitting in the stands cheering on the Vols and having a great time with family and friends, you'll be home brooding over your next brilliant post demanding a coaching change.

Reactions: 2 people
i can tell by the way he talks that he is not a winner. Listen to him talk how every matchup is going to be hard. That is not what a winning coach says. He talks like they are going to have to grind out every win. Tennessee Tech...gonna have to grind out a win and be 1-0. What a doofus!

Lou Holtz made a career of doing the same thing and won a championship. I am close to jumping off the CBJ train but your arguement is a poor one.

Pitt rehired majors all those years later, so anything is possible. How old is Fulmer anyway..he might not even take the job if they offered

As they would say in recruiting forum Show me Fulmer's offer list post UT since he is such a hot coach.
I would take Cutcliffe if going Old

Reactions: 1 person
Definitely a lot of injuries, however, there must be some internal issues most of us don' t know anything about. This team has been a "strange" team all year . Came out with 17 starters back and squeaked by App St. In the first game. Chemistry problem maybe? Not sure but definitely something going on under the scenes.

the app state defensive guys (Dale Jones) had faced the and beaten the Debord OFFENSIVE plans previously and knew exactly what to expect and he (Debord) didn't disappoint. Heck, even I could predict what was coming part of the time.
But on a brighter note, at least there is $106 millon dollars going to be funneled into stadium renovations...

And who do you think should replace Jones? Are we going to buy out his contract and pay for a top coach? Because it hasn't happened yet.
I'm as pissed off as everyone else and I've been watching Tennessee football for over 30 years.
Fulmer had some teams that were disciplined and some that were not so much. When he was on top, he had 2 of the best coordinators in the game. When he lost those coordinators, he lost his job.

There are many coaches who would do a better job.

Only way to save his dignity.

You're crazy if you think he resigns. If he resigns do you know how much money he leaves on the table? No one, outside of Steve Spurrier when he resigned from the Redskins, would leave that on the table.

Butch will never take us anywhere... We have a talented team and he can't even motivate them.. They play without any emotion... And our playing calling is flat... We need to go get les miles while we can... Butch has always failed when he needed to succeed... We should blow teams out and he always keeps it close he coaches tighter then any coach I have seen and he is way to loyal to deboring in the sec you have to adapt to win... He isn't at Cincinnati anymore this is big boy ball

Yup, freshman QB making first start? CBJ is NOT the guy to lead us to a championship.

He is actually just a senior in High School, he skipped his senior season to graduate early and Redshirt. Lol that is the worst thing I have ever witnessed, way to hitch your wagon to Debord jones now they will both be coaching swim lessons.

Because he is not going anywhere! Only person getting canned is Debord.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

DeBord is attached to Jones. If DeBord goes then the writing is on the wall. Butch would in effect be saying that his brand of offense sucks and will not work if he does not retain DeBord.

the app state defensive guys (Dale Jones) had faced the and beaten the Debord OFFENSIVE plans previously and knew exactly what to expect and he (Debord) didn't disappoint. Heck, even I could predict what was coming part of the time.
But on a brighter note, at least there is $106 millon dollars going to be funneled into stadium renovations...

I would suggest they put the wealthy donor renovations on hold for now. At least until we know where we're going.

Too bad you can't botch ignore!!!!!! See Ya!

Was CBJ the one who got numerous block in the back penalties calls on great field position returns? Was Coach Jones throwing interceptions? Was Coach Jones playing undisciplined football tonight? Blame him, go ahead....You show your ignorance.

That dog don't hunt anymore. This is no longer a 'young' team..

Their play is a reflection of their coaching...

Think about that and let it soak in..

I have rode the Butch train for the last time. I am 100% convinced now he will never get us back on top. He is just coaching way out of his league

Do you people really trust AD Hart, who wanted to keep Dooley, hired CBJ, gave him a way to early extension, the chance to hire another coach at UT? I would rather wait and let Blackburn or whomever the next AD is to fire CBJ and hire the next coach. Hart will saddle us with another sub par coach at best. The only hire I want him to make is the moving company.

Hart wouldn't be making the hire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back