Butthurt Bama Fan on UT Recruiting

Pretty sure you're thinking about British generals.

American generals, led by Black Jack Pershing himself, had no problem with snipers (or sharpshooters, as they were more commonly called back then). In fact, a sharpshooter named Herman Davis was one of Pershing's favorite soldiers.

Heck, Alvin York, the most renowned American soldier of the First World War (and a good Tennessee lad), was known as a fine distance shooter.

'That’s jest a good shootin’ distance': Five American Snipers of the Great War | Historynet

6 American Heroes of WWI

Actually American snipers date back to the American Revolutionary War. The British officers especially generals in all of their finery were often picked off first by young men carrying things called the Kentucky long rifle for instance.

Their expected returns should be part of the cut from the donated money they use to pay the NIL deals.

If they distract the players from improving their football skills, they are doing it wrong. I don’t want our donors expecting meet and greets or anything other than Championship Football.
There has to be value made and the collective is not a non profit.

Yeah. I think it is pretty brilliant honestly. Their start up funds are largely donations. But those will dry up too if they don't get results.
We have to be clear about what results are expected of Spyre. He is already getting results since Sprye’s job is to fund the NIL to assist in getting high level recruits. That seems to be working, now the coaches have to coach the team’s to the wins.

We have to be clear about what results are expected of Spyre. He is already getting results since Sprye’s job is to fund the NIL to assist in getting high level recruits. That seems to be working, now the coaches have to coach the team’s to the wins.
Yes we do. And it isn't JUST distributing funds. Their larger measure is building a fund and clientele that is ultimately self-sustaining without donations. People may still want to be a part of it... but if you really want an absolute powerhouse then they have to operate like a typical marketing firm. They are essentially NIL brokers. When that NIL brings value, businesses will be expected to pay for it.

Donations get you $25 million or whatever. That's incredibly impressive when you think about it. But helping these guys market their NIL to businesses has the potential to turn Spyre into a hundreds of millions business... maybe billions. You have thousands of potential customers across TN and potentially in the home areas of out of state players. You then have money management and investment strategies to multiply those revenues. This can and SHOULD operate just like any other for profit business.

I don't like NIL. I wish that Genie had never been let out of the bottle. It was. So now if you have to do it... do it right. Build it BIG.

Love it when Bammers try to take the high road. Especially after they sold their soul to get Nicky to come in and coach. They drove up the price for coaching salaries, extensions and bonuses. Now they can reap the whirlwind on the NIL debacle. I hate the NIL. The courts should have capped NCAA and college profiteering instead. However, love seeing the Bammers whine

You bet it is. Anybody who says different is just confined by personality. If somebody is a literal legalist, you can't change 'em.

If anybody would recognize how to pay players, it certain would be Bama boosters. They got high level experience in that area.

Reactions: dovervolz
The only value they should expect is having the player on the team. Isn’t the purpose of NIL to pay players to go to a certain school and to keep their hands off the TV money so the schools can keep their budget?
No. It's to allow a person to profit from their name, image, and likeness. Pretty close to what we should consider a fundamental right to any person.

No. It's to allow a person to profit from their name, image, and likeness. Pretty close to what we should consider a fundamental right to any person.
I was commenting on the other side of NIL. The booster side should only be concerned with getting players on their team. When a photo shoot gets in the way of football business, they’ve (The Booster) gone too far. It’s about time that players don’t have to get paid under the table. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how long it takes before the players start getting some of the TV money.

VN Store

Back