Butch steps up to steal Saban's thunder!!!!!

This guy has it figured out. I think it would be great to have 2000 people there dressed in ORANGE and shouting "GO VOLS" every time he starts to speak.

You couldn't get 600 to butch's big event, but could visualize 2000 tennessee fans at Saban's big show? Sad, but you're probably right.

I drove from Atlanta to Lenoir City earlier today. I didn't detect an enhanced security presence in Athens when I drove past. Although I do believe I spotted BOP protesting in the median at exit 49!

You couldn't get 600 to butch's big event, but could visualize 2000 tennessee fans at Saban's big show? Sad, but you're probably right.

I'd personally pay for a couple hundred people to go if they dressed in orange, and ran his ass out of town.

Besides, I wouldn't call Butch's talk a "big event". You're trying to make it seem that way in a passive-aggressive way of taking a shot at Coach Jones, but you forget the average IQ of people on this board far exceeds that of you and the rest of the Updyke Nation. We're not falling for it, Harvey.

Reactions: 3 people
I drove from Atlanta to Lenoir City earlier today. I didn't detect an enhanced security presence in Athens when I drove past. Although I do believe I spotted BOP protesting in the median at exit 49!

He wasn't protesting. He was panhandling.

Interesting use of your money. I can think of better ways to spend 10k.

*Inb4 you brag about how much disposable income you have.

So, in 24 hours you've gone from taking shots at me by claiming I'm a homosexual to taking shots at me because of my financial status.

Your inadequacies are amusing.

Reactions: 2 people
Why do we care if Saban speaks at some Chamber of Commerce or whatever kind of meeting it was??

I'm more concerned with beating his arse on the field, and on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: 1 person
Why do we care if Saban speaks at some Chamber of Commerce or whatever kind of meeting it was??

I'm more concerned with beating his arse on the field, and on the recruiting trail.

Cause it's football, it's the south, it's Tennessee and bama.

I'm more surprised at all the people that are shocked by the smack talk (which is all this is) honestly.

Reactions: 2 people

Couldn't agree more. I think this makes us look like a bunch of complete goobers.

Cause it's football, it's the south, it's Tennessee and bama.

I'm more surprised at all the people that are shocked by the smack talk (which is all this is) honestly.

It's the Athen's Chamber of Commerce, not Neyland Stadium. This all has ZERO to do with football, and for the life of me I can't understand why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over this. The fans who are getting up in arms about this whole thing need to take a long look in the mirror about what is really important in the grand scheme of UT Football, and it surely isn't the Athen's Chamber of Commerce.

It's the Athen's Chamber of Commerce, not Neyland Stadium. This all has ZERO to do with football, and for the life of me I can't understand why everyone is getting their panties in a bunch over this. The fans who are getting up in arms about this whole thing need to take a long look in the mirror about what is really important in the grand scheme of UT Football, and it surely isn't the Athen's Chamber of Commerce.

That what I'm telling you. There is no "getting up in arms". It's a bunch of talk.

And it has everything to do with football, imo. (the smack talk, not Saban's visit).

Andrew Gribble‏@Andrew_Gribble8m
Arrived in Athens, Tenn., for Saban's speaking engagement. A car full of Vol fans is driving around, blaring fight song, waving pom poms.

I'm so glad I'm in East TN this week. Hopefully there will be a spot on the news later this evening.

That what I'm telling you. There is no "getting up in arms". It's a bunch of talk.

And it has everything to do with football, imo. (the smack talk, not Saban's visit).

Why on earth, has this visited elicited this kind of response, in regards to the smack talking?? I hate Bama as much as the next UT fan, but this whole thing makes us look like the rednecks we all like to make fun of in Bama. I'd rather let our football team do the talking for us, especially given the recent history of the series. There isn't a whole lot for us to talk smack about really.

Why on earth, has this visited elicited this kind of response, in regards to the smack talking?? I hate Bama as much as the next UT fan, but this whole thing makes us look like the rednecks we all like to make fun of in Bama. I'd rather let our football team do the talking for us, especially given the recent history of the series. There isn't a whole lot for us to talk smack about really.

Why? Cause we hate all things bama I guess? I don't know.

Andrew Gribble‏@Andrew_Gribble8m
Arrived in Athens, Tenn., for Saban's speaking engagement. A car full of Vol fans is driving around, blaring fight song, waving pom poms.

LeBron-James-Puppet-Facepalm-Reaction-Gif.gif

Well, it's not like anyone is trying to serve him a subpoena.

Why? Cause we hate all things bama I guess? I don't know.

I hate Lil' Nicky as well, but it's a CoC meeting. Do we really need to lower ourselves to that level?? If people want to talk trash, by all means go for it, but we don't have a lot to talk about, especially to Bama.

Nothing screams trailer trash more so than a van driving around blaring "Rocky Top" at a CoC meeting, in response to Saban being there.

VN Store

Back