Butch Jones should have been given another year to turn things around. Change my mind.

Butch was an idiot, but the current coach is a redneck version of him. The only thing that gives Pruitt the edge is the lack of moronic cliches. But I would never be for firing Pruitt because there's no point - this admin will never hire anybody worth a s*** so what the hell - give Jeremy a 10-year extension. S'all good - we're a basketball school anyway.
Troll alert 🚨

Although, IMO, trolls rank somewhere between toe jam and ass crack sweat, I have to tip my hat to a well played, drive by troll job....

He and Fulmer with exact same records their last 4 years.

Here is my take on this question. Fulmer was given the chance to right the ship. After two years, every one just knew it wasn’t going to work out with him staying here.

But, I think even Butch knew the writing was on the wall after our first game in ‘17.

Here is my take on this question. Fulmer was given the chance to right the ship. After two years, every one just knew it wasn’t going to work out with him staying here.

But, I think even Butch knew the writing was on the wall after our first game in ‘17.
I remember on Volquest one of the mods said that Butch was genuinely surprised when Currie fired him. What a MAC level clown he was.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Butch was an idiot, but the current coach is a redneck version of him. The only thing that gives Pruitt the edge is the lack of moronic cliches. But I would never be for firing Pruitt because there's no point - this admin will never hire anybody worth a s*** so what the hell - give Jeremy a 10-year extension. S'all good - we're a basketball school anyway.
Nah. Pruitt is actually a football coach. He understands how to coach the game. Jones talked about the "fine details of playing winning football" but never proved he could discipline a team in the fundamentals. He spent time on sleep studies and wrecked the S&C program. When UT needed a serious image, Jones gave UT a used car salesman who plays a clown on the side.

He recruited reasonably well for 2 or 3 classes but had no clue what to do with the talent. His "best staff in college football" was barely mid-major level. When he actually got a few P5 level coaches, his "culture" prevented them from doing their jobs. His inconsistency coupled with lack of discipline and jack assery made him a very poor manager of players.

He was a guy who in the relative sense knew little about football hired by a guy who knew little about hiring a quality football coach.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Well, both Majors and Fulmer said he was a good coach!
If you are waiting for the truth in a media interview about a current coach.... come back to reality. They don't want to harm the program even if they think the guy (Jones or Pruitt) is a complete waste.

You make this statement as if the butch jones tenure was as long as CPF’s. That’s insanity
There's also those minor details of a NC and multiple SECC's that one of those coaches won (while the other never won squat other than the Bricklayer of the Year award from the Tennessee Sunshine Pumpers Club)...

Reactions: TrueVolsGBOInsider
I don’t want to get on the Butch bashing wagon but the title of this thread had me...

The O-line sucked under Butch Jones, particularly at Tackle. It would not have improved in one year, given how small and injured they were. Size, health and talent have improved under Pruitt, giving me optimism.

Butch tried to bring pansy ball to the SEC , it works when you have freaks , not so much when you can't push a highschool dline out of the way to get a yard. His Olines weren't good and his recruiting took a nose dive after most figured out he was a fraud. Better off where he's at, licking Nick's boots..

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I knew when the OP started this it was going to get out of hand.... Good LAWD folks.

OP I hope you take this as a lesson in what not to do with this board.

Lmao

He and Fulmer with exact same records their last 4 years.

He needed to be fired. The program had sunk and people had lost faith in the coach. The Tennessee team we played in 2018 was much better than in 2017. Jones’ program was in disarray.

Now Tennessee has direction under Pruitt

Reactions: Bigun

VN Store

Back