Butch Jones should have been given another year to turn things around. Change my mind.

He and Fulmer with exact same records their last 4 years.
You must be drunk or crazy. Butch Jones teams were soft and he coundn't develop players. It will take Pruitt a few years just to fix the mess that Butch left. If you don't think the Vols were soft the years under Jones. One of the first things Pruitt did was hire Fritz. and redone the weight room and get these kids on a strength and condition program that will really help them.

If Butch were still here, recruiting would be awful and we’d be right there with Vandy in the SEC.

No way he deserves another Division l HC gig at any school.

Quote from the 247 piece:
“There’s so much negativity that I’m afraid we’re going to run off a guy that we shouldn’t,” said former Vols defensive lineman Daniel Hood, who played for Lane Kiffin, Derek Dooley and Jones.
Geez, that last part is just so depressing.

He and Fulmer with exact same records their last 4 years.
you little troll.............i like it tho. this thread is meant to get create reactions.

also, we fired both because their last 4 years were par or subpar, and the development was sub-par. you basically prove yourself wrong with your fulmer comparison.

2ndly, Fulmer PLAYED football and Jones PLAYED trumpet. therego, he goes.

and on a serious note, this country has gone to hell in a hand basket because people are choosing to be "technical" and not logical. Technically Jones had the same record over the last 4 years as Fulmer but logically, Jones was a dumb a$$ and a liar. our last 3 athletic directors thought "technically". Dont make the same mistake. and Fulmer agrees, which is why he hired a good ole country boy football coach in Pruitt and not some nancy-boy, dancing ballerina in Mullen.

change my mind!

Reactions: Wezel and Bigun
Not only no, but hell no to your premise here. If anything, Jones never should’ve gotten the 5th year.

Even knowing how it turned out I still believe we were better off waiting to let a new AD fire him and hire the new coach, than letting Hart with one foot out the door do it.

Haha, maybe not, but I'm sticking with muh story. Change my mind. :)

Reactions: Bigun and bullet20
th

Reactions: VolSummitt44
If it helps you sleep better keep believing that.

He was just 1 NFL QB away from another Citrus Bowl.

Had Butch won the games where he had the lead and went conservative to the point of losing, we would still be buying bricks. He didn’t. So we aren’t.

Stop living in the near past. We are going to dominate like it was 98 and party like it was 1999.

I’ll just put these here...
BTW...STILL under UT payroll...
cigars-6134d5b6351913d2.jpg

Butch-Jones-cigar.png
Screen-Shot-2018-10-26-at-3.48.16-PM.png

VN Store

Back