Butch Jones should have been given another year to turn things around. Change my mind.

This is pure insanity. The talent, the culture, the physicality of our players, the attitude within the Anderson Training Facility and all throughout the program was complete crap after year 4, and year 5’s 4-8 season under Jones exposed all that.

As it turned out, the 247 expose that got many anonymous quotes from within the building telling us that Jones was an insecure little tyrant who was well in over his head while sprinting away from even semi-reasonable expectations for a once great football program was spot on the money, despite all the protestations from guys like you in the fan base.

Not only no, but hell no to your premise here. If anything, Jones never should’ve gotten the 5th year.

You are spot on right, You posted everything wrong in Butch era well said, the culture, players just not putting in work , add all catch phrases Butch used to cover
his incompetence it was a house of cards …………………….....

Reactions: KBVol
I’ll just put these here...
BTW...STILL under UT payroll...
cigars-6134d5b6351913d2.jpg

Butch-Jones-cigar.png
Screen-Shot-2018-10-26-at-3.48.16-PM.png
Wonder why no one asked him why he was celebrating about beating a team that he built lulz

Dude.

I thought I had a good thing going with my "Memphis ain't skeered thread"! Took me nearly a week to get as many responses as you!

You’re still on that Memphis kick? I guess you returned from the dead after being internet murdered in the Penny thread. Kudos. Keep fighting the good fight.

366C3839-5CC9-484F-9299-004DA18FABA0.gif

Reactions: lynnh
'Ol Butch Jones could spew some nonsense quicker than BoB Kesling could fumble the words.
It was funny, if you were on the otherside and just wanted to see an SEC coach Cry, 'Ol Butch could deliver the tears in spades!

Reactions: Bigun
He and Fulmer with exact same records their last 4 years.
We played the entire GA Tech game 2 yards off the LOS. That alone was a fireable offense. Add the complete stupidity of the 2017 Florida game, the fact that he ran a read-option offense his first year and last year with a QB that couldn’t run, the cultural issues, the S&C issues that led to two straight years of decimating injuries, and so much more and you’d have to be crazy to think he deserved another year. Plus, the fact that you are comparing his 4 years to the last 4 years of another fired coach tells you that that record isn’t good enough.

Reactions: lynnh and Bash
Losing record vs Vandy. Lost to Vandy and UK in the same season. His offense was only as good as Josh Dobbs. His defenses were horrible, and soft. His in-game play-calling was.......well.....he threw the ball on 1st and an inch, at the goalline, after taking the SEC's leading rusher out of the game. He recruited some talent, and nearly wasted it all away. Luckily, for Kamara, Hurd left the team, so he could shine. One can only wonder what if Hurd had been a WR from the get-go, and Kamara had been the every down back? Honestly, I grew tired of knowing we were going to have to score on every possession to win a damn game. But, Hey! I am an old LB, and I love to watch great defenses.

Reactions: lynnh
I love the fact the guy writing on the board simply scooches over and keeps writing after Jeremy kicks it. LOL!

Yeah dude writing on board didn't want get in Pruitt's way, that was classic. Looks like CJP could get up in your azz I hope he lights a fire under team this season …......………………….

Butch was an idiot, but the current coach is a redneck version of him. The only thing that gives Pruitt the edge is the lack of moronic cliches. But I would never be for firing Pruitt because there's no point - this admin will never hire anybody worth a s*** so what the hell - give Jeremy a 10-year extension. S'all good - we're a basketball school anyway.

Butch was an idiot, but the current coach is a redneck version of him. The only thing that gives Pruitt the edge is the lack of moronic cliches. But I would never be for firing Pruitt because there's no point - this admin will never hire anybody worth a s*** so what the hell - give Jeremy a 10-year extension. S'all good - we're a basketball school anyway.

Pruitt is a minimum of ten times the coach Butch is. That may not be enough to succeed here, but the two aren’t in the same class at all.

I nominate this post for the "Idiot Post of the Summer."

He and Fulmer with exact same records their last 4 years.

You may have missed it but there is a book titled "EMPOWERED". I highly recommend you read it. But in case you don't or can't read all of it, just read the chapter titled "Tennessee's Hidden Nightmare ".
Report back with the conclusion of why you saw the need for this thread.

VN Store

Back