Butch Jones reflects on his time at Tennessee

Arkansas State players need to get ready for that awesome fun drill that most everybody else doesn't do as it injures players unnecessarily. Bull in the ring!!!

You support my point
. You support my point. Dobbs is the reason Butch won games.
Who was coaching at UT when Dobbs decided to come here? I know butch ultimately got canned but he does deserve some credit for bringing JD to the hill.
Who gets credit for bringing JG? Gotta give the boy his due, it takes a different type of talent to get two HC fired at the same school.

He's so full of s@#$.

LOL. It wasn't Texas, USC, Michigan, or even a strong mid-major like UCF or Houston. Arkansas State was always his dream job all along. Uh-huh.

Dooley and Pruitt may not have worked out, but I think they were both good people. Butch, on the other hand, is a snake oil salesman.
My God, even Arky State fans know that he is lying

He's so full of s@#$.

LOL. It wasn't Texas, USC, Michigan, or even a strong mid-major like UCF or Houston. Arkansas State was always his dream job all along. Uh-huh.

Dooley and Pruitt may not have worked out, but I think they were both good people. Butch, on the other hand, is a snake oil salesman.
His comment that he "had a great job, had a great role and responsibility there" is a bunch of crap too. Who does he think he is kidding? Everyone knows that he was paid less than $50K a year salary to work at Alabama and he was never an actual member of the coaching staff. By Saban's own description Butch Jones was just "an intern". His buyout at Tennessee afforded him the opportunity to make millions of dollars while not having much responsibility or stress, and he took advantage of it. His time at Alabama had everything to do with giving the false appearance that he was in compliance with the terms of his buyout - even though he was actually violating the spirit of it by not actively seeking comparable employment.

Butch Jones does not have a genuine bone in his body. Everything that comes out of his mouth is BS.

He's so full of s@#$.

Yeah the whole “Tennessee is my dream job”. Thing always reeked of BS. I saw a clip once of him meeting Condredge Holloway (SP). And he shook his hand and said “I grew up watching you play”. Him being from Michigan I just always found that hard to believe.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I wish Ark St no ill will but I have zero respect for Butch Jones. Lighting the cigar, celebrating a win against a team of kids he recruited is beyond low.

Every school recruiting against him should show that picture of that clown. It’s nothing but business for him.
Well stated. Butch has no class or integrity. Glad he’s finally out of the SEC. He never belonged here.

Yeah the whole “Tennessee is my dream job”. Thing always reeked of BS. I saw a clip once of him meeting Condredge Holloway (SP). And he shook his hand and said “I grew up watching you play”. Him being from Michigan I just always found that hard to believe.
Not only that, but...

- Butch was born in January 1968. In CH's first year as a starter, Butch would have been 4 years old. I've been a Tennessee fan as long as I can remember, but I don't remember watching games that occurred when I was 4-6 years old.

- CH of course had a long career in the CFL, when Butch was older, but do you really believe he watched the CFL growing up? Was it even on TV in the United States at that time?

- Very few college games were nationally televised in those days. Only a handful of CH's starts could have even been seen by Butch. It isn't like Tennessee was on TV every Saturday like they are today.

Was about to win some games with Lane. Might’ve gotten in some trouble also.. but they were about to win some games. I thought so anyways
If Lane stuck around, I think we would have won the East at least once, especially the way the East was constituted in those days. Urban left Florida after the 2010 season and Georgia was good, not great, under Richt. Spurrier's South Carolina teams were good but beatable (even Butch beat them in 2013 and ruined their chance to play for the East).

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I don’t wish him any ill will but seriously, who holds out for Arkansas St? He’s just doing what any of us would do in his situation, trying to protect himself so he gets to keep all his buyout money. Any logical person knows he was holding out until the money train dried up. I personally don’t blame him, it was a smart financial decision on his part.

His comment that he "had a great job, had a great role and responsibility there" is a bunch of crap too. Who does he think he is kidding? Everyone knows that he was paid less than $50K a year salary to work at Alabama and he was never an actual member of the coaching staff. By Saban's own description Butch Jones was just "an intern". His buyout at Tennessee afforded him the opportunity to make millions of dollars while not having much responsibility or stress, and he took advantage of it. His time at Alabama had everything to do with giving the false appearance that he was in compliance with the terms of his buyout - even though he was actually violating the spirit of it by not actively seeking comparable employment.

Butch Jones does not have a genuine bone in his body. Everything that comes out of his mouth is BS.
Here’s the headset Saban allowed him to use
BC245DAE-0E33-46AD-999C-50AF15575F0E.jpeg

I don’t wish him any ill will but seriously, who holds out for Arkansas St? He’s just doing what any of us would do in his situation, trying to protect himself so he gets to keep all his buyout money. Any logical person knows he was holding out until the money train dried up. I personally don’t blame him, it was a smart financial decision on his part.

I will say this that waiting for Ark. st after raking in the Cash is a pretty smart move if one is wanting to rehab their career and get back to the P5 show. Clearly he wasn't going to jump back into a P5 job so Ark. st. as I said is a pretty good gig.

VN Store

Back