Butch Jones reflects on his time at Tennessee

He's so full of s@#$.

“I had a great job [at Alabama], had a great role and a great responsibility there, so I wasn’t just looking to leave for any job,” Jones said. “Those three years also afforded me the luxury to kind of look at around the country, researching different type of jobs, different type of situations and the one situation and one job that kept coming to, at the top of the list, was always Arkansas State.

LOL. It wasn't Texas, USC, Michigan, or even a strong mid-major like UCF or Houston. Arkansas State was always his dream job all along. Uh-huh.

Dooley and Pruitt may not have worked out, but I think they were both good people. Butch, on the other hand, is a snake oil salesman.

He's so full of s@#$.

LOL. It wasn't Texas, USC, Michigan, or even a strong mid-major like UCF or Houston. Arkansas State was always his dream job. Uh-huh.

Dooley and Pruitt may not have worked out, but I think they were both good people. Butch, on the other hand, is a snake oil salesman.

During Jones’ time at Tennessee, his offense featured inside-zone and gap principles in a smash-mouth spread scheme.

What a joke this sentence is from that article. Makes it sound like he actually had some type of advanced scheme where in reality watching his offense amounted to nothing more than Dobbs running for his life and improvising (Josh was pretty great at or otherwise Butch would/should have been fired a lot sooner).

During Jones’ time at Tennessee, his offense featured inside-zone and gap principles in a smash-mouth spread scheme.

What a joke this sentence is from that article. Makes it sound like he actually had some type of advanced scheme where in reality watching his offense amounted to nothing more than Dobbs running for his life and improvising (Josh was pretty great at or otherwise Butch would/should have been fired a lot sooner).
This was the coach who had Kamara riding the bench with his amazing running scheme.

He's so full of s@#$.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I don’t see how anyone could view Pruitt as a good person.

LOL. It wasn't Texas, USC, Michigan, or even a strong mid-major like UCF or Houston. Arkansas State was always his dream job all along. Uh-huh.

I wish Ark St no ill will but I have zero respect for Butch Jones. Lighting the cigar, celebrating a win against a team of kids he recruited is beyond low.

Every school recruiting against him should show that picture of that clown. It’s nothing but business for him.

H

I agree. Also, Dooley and Pruitt seem to be well respected for their actual knowledge of the game (X's and O's) or otherwise they would not so easily get those types of NFL jobs. Don't remember anyone offering Butch any kind of NFL job after he was fired.

Funny you thought of that. I thought of Worley playing four quarters per week like a fox evading the hounds. Then the same scheme for Dormady and JG (just playing opossum vs the hounds) after Dobbs graduated.

I called it the “here, you take the damned thing” offense. Hurd, standing up, waiting for Dobbs to hand him the ball. Then, run for your life.

I never really saw a system at work. More like Lyle’s simple minded understanding of Oregon’s offense.

Reactions: tbh and TGVol
I called it the “here, you take the damned thing” offense. Hurd, standing up, waiting for Dobbs to hand him the ball. Then, run for your life.

Exactly - and to make the tragedy even worse Kamara who was the best player Butch had on the roster (who actualy knew what to do with the damned thing) would hardly ever get it. :rolleyes:

Reactions: OEF VOL

VN Store

Back