Butch Jones on Mike & Mike

Maybe he will shoot from the hip, and not be so scripted! 😀

Just tuned in and they said 9:05ET. Don't want people saying "ESPN hates us", if they watch at 8:05 and he's not on.

Thank you. The time zone got me once back in the day. I was at the mall with plenty of time to get to the TV, then I heard John on the radio, my family thought something bad had happened when I missed the kickoff, this was pre cell phone. I asked why they didn't come looking for me, they said they would have after the game.

I over compensated one year and showed up a week early for the Orange & White game. Talking about a dry run, still had fun in Knoxville, that's the day I lost all credibility.

Reactions: 3 people
"we welcome the expectations, it's why you come to U.T., but we are building for longterm success".

"we only have 11 seniors".

Reactions: 2 people
"we welcome the expectations, it's why you come to U.T., but we are building for longterm success".

"we only have 11 seniors".

They break down a lot of film. Most regular people can't handle "watching" film much less bread down film the right way(like on his show). We are a flawed team with plenty of room for improvement across the board. The good news is even the least improvement could be enough to set records. We set records last year, they were good records not bad records like Dooley was setting. Time to be the best team the vols have ever had, or at least be what started it. Butch has got it half wrong. It's not where you start, its when you start. There are some records that we can't break this year, not enough games. They should play 14 regular season games and an 8 team playoff.

OK - I just turned on ESPN2 on line and am listening to M & M. They said Butch Jones from Tennessee will be on shortly, and it's 905am now

He shows resiliency and perseverance in that way!

Somewhere in there, he'll also probably own the expectations and focus on doing the little things it takes to meet the challenge of being great.

Golic says we have one of the best QBs in the conference if not the country.

Clicked it on for a second, heard the same 4-5 cliches I've already heard from Butch in the last few weeks....turned it back off.

Reactions: 1 person
Clicked it on for a second, heard the same 4-5 cliches I've already heard from Butch in the last few weeks....turned it back off.

But you knew that's what you were going to get. He's just always locked in that way. On one hand, I wish he'd say more, but on the other hand, I never worry about him going off message and saying something stupid.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back