Butch Jones interviews for Rutgers job

Luke Fickell is going to draw some interest - possibly from Michigan State. Would be interesting if Cincinnati went all back to the future and brought back Butch Jones. Not sure if he burnt bridges there or not.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Luke Fickell is going to draw some interest - possibly from Michigan State. Would be interesting if Cincinnati went all back to the future and brought back Butch Jones. Not sure if he burnt bridges there or not.
There are other articles out there saying the same thing as the one below, but I think Cincy people are kind of ambivalent about Butch. Personally I think it is kind of funny some were butthurt about him leaving (I mean, no disrespect to Cincinnati but he got a chance to coach for a traditional power in the SEC...you really expected him to say no?) but ultimately the joke was on us.

The impression I get is that their fans generally thought he was a pretty good coach, mostly remembered as the dude who followed Brian Kelly.

Cincinnati fans remember Butch Jones as Bearcats coach

Every Cinci fan I’ve spoken to does not like Butch and didn’t like him much while he was there.

Not sure he wants the job. Just conducting an interview to show he is trying to look for HC position, as per his UT contract requires. Given his arrogance it would be a hard pill to swallow going from a household brand such as UT to Rutgers
Didn't bother his ego to go from head coach to intern.

There are other articles out there saying the same thing as the one below, but I think Cincy people are kind of ambivalent about Butch. Personally I think it is kind of funny some were butthurt about him leaving (I mean, no disrespect to Cincinnati but he got a chance to coach for a traditional power in the SEC...you really expected him to say no?) but ultimately the joke was on us.

The impression I get is that their fans generally thought he was a pretty good coach, mostly remembered as the dude who followed Brian Kelly.

Cincinnati fans remember Butch Jones as Bearcats coach

Yeah I don't get that. I mean I can get they might have been irritated at some of his antics but it's a no brainer you take the Tennessee job. Heck it's no brainer you take pretty much any SEC job other than maybe Vandy over Cincy. Cincy is a decent mid-major program but it's not like they're going to be playing for an NC anytime soon.

Shouldn't this be one of the qualifications that's not being met in the terms of his buyout from UT?

Stop paying this man immediately. On the surface it appears that UT actually has a case to tell butch he's being cut off from additional funds.
I disagree. His contract said he had to seek employment, which he did. It doesn't say he has to be a head coach again. Though I think he does, he just isn't ready to accept where he truly is in the pecking order atm. He wants a big time job when he is going to have to go back to a G5 or lesser P5 school, like Rutgers or Vandy, etc.

VN Store

Back