Butch Jones interviews for Rutgers job

They could do worse. As much as we hate to hear it, going 9-4 here in back to back years will look good to people outside this program. Plus he'll bring JG.

Reactions: GlennTenn
The funny thing is that the fans are wanting and expecting Greg Schiano back (he was coach there before) over Butch. Truth is, Butch's schemes and coaching would work better outside of the SEC. If he could recruit decently and has learned a bit from his disaster here, he could do OK at a school like Rutgers. They are going to get Schiano tho.

He had no trouble going from UT HC to Saban’s lackey.
Because per contract he had to seek employment. His 40K a year "analyst" gig at Bama hardly offset his contract buyout. Free money from UT. Why subject yourself to a other HC gig when the milk is free.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Not sure he wants the job. Just conducting an interview to show he is trying to look for HC position, as per his UT contract requires. Given his arrogance it would be a hard pill to swallow going from a household brand such as UT to Rutgers

True, but it would still be better than Nick's coffee boy.

JG transferring home for his final year wouldn't surprise me in the least bit. Would be a neat twist if it was to go play for the guy who originally recruited him.

Meh, I'm not convinced JG would transfer to play for Butch again. I'm sure he remembers what Butch's O-line looked like.

If JG transfers (and I'm not sure that he does), I think Western Kentucky is a much more likely destination, playing for Tyson Helton again. Helton is doing well there. Think their QB is a Senior.

Reactions: PA Vol
Cross your fingers...

Rutgers interviews former Tennessee coach Butch Jones for head coaching vacancy

It would be nice to finish the season strong and eliminate some of our severance pay.
tenor.gif
Go Butch as in begone!!!

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Wow. I hear typical TENN fans in the comments. Happy to see improvement, glad to make a bowl game, need a better bowl game, mad because they aren't in the SECcg. CBJ actually had 3 years of improvement in his 5 years here. Gave fans some reason for optimism. Even Bill Battle is not hated as much. He wasn't much in certain areas, I'm happy he is gone, but I don't hate him.

Not sure he wants the job. Just conducting an interview to show he is trying to look for HC position, as per his UT contract requires. Given his arrogance it would be a hard pill to swallow going from a household brand such as UT to Rutgers
Yep

Butch will have 3 questions:
1. Do they have bricks in Joosie?
2. Do they sell expensive Cuban cigars?
3. Can Rutgers helmets cause injury?
4. What are the current sleep patterns of the existing players?
5. Is there recruiting budget for me to buy a Lambo?
6. Are there any tripping hazards in the lockerroom?
7. I have my eye on this little-known player called Dosh Jobbs. Can he come with me?

Reactions: Knox-a-rue
4. What are the current sleep patterns of the existing players?
5. Is there recruiting budget for me to buy a Lambo?
6. Are there any tripping hazards in the lockerroom?
7. I have my eye on this little-known player called Dosh Jobbs. Can he come with me?
8. Do they have a broom closet under the stairwell that can be converted into a trophy case?

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Wow. I hear typical TENN fans in the comments. Happy to see improvement, glad to make a bowl game, need a better bowl game, mad because they aren't in the SECcg. CBJ actually had 3 years of improvement in his 5 years here. Gave fans some reason for optimism. Even Bill Battle is not hated as much. He wasn't much in certain areas, I'm happy he is gone, but I don't hate him.

Well..this place is called VOL Nation.

What exactly would you expect?

Reactions: C/O
Butch is a good recruiter......if he was smart enough this time to hire good coaches that can develop players he could do well.
isn't that true of any head coach? not to be a smart @ss just pointing out that all the best HC can pick good coaches around them.

he is a salesman. He sold Tennessee that he was a SEC caliber football coach. he wasted a lot of years trying to run 'his' offense and not developing players.

He had two 9 wins seasons here. He wasn't an elite coach...not really a good coach imo, but was measurably productive.

He'd do great at Rutgers.

Meh, I'm not convinced JG would transfer to play for Butch again. I'm sure he remembers what Butch's O-line looked like.

If JG transfers (and I'm not sure that he does), I think Western Kentucky is a much more likely destination, playing for Tyson Helton again. Helton is doing well there. Think their QB is a Senior.

Why would Helton want a transfer QB who is mediocre at best?

VN Store

Back