Butch Jones Comments (12/6)

Someone asked earlier if Tiny declaring for the draft would open another spot on the 2014 recruiting board. Really only the coaching staff and compliance people inside the program know the exact numbers we can sign for 2014. They know what we can back count toward last year and how to work angles like grey shirting and blue shirting to sign the maximum number. However, it will certainly open up a spot on the 85 overall number of total scholarships.

Guys, I know there's been a little bit of confusion with new rules and such, but someone posed the question as to whether Butch mentioning Malone was a recruiting violation...

I follow recruiting a little bit, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong... Since Malone signed an FAA several weeks ago, isn't Jones allowed to talk about him like he's a member of the team???

I'll hang up and listen...

BUTCH DID NOT COMMIT ANY RECRUITING VIOLATIONS. Once Malone signed his FAA Jones could mention his name as much as he wanted.

Reactions: 2 people
Guys, I know there's been a little bit of confusion with new rules and such, but someone posed the question as to whether Butch mentioning Malone was a recruiting violation...

I follow recruiting a little bit, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong... Since Malone signed an FAA several weeks ago, isn't Jones allowed to talk about him like he's a member of the team???

You are correct. No violation ha been committed.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh gosh, here I go.... I'm an echo echo echo echo

In my whispering voice...... "CBJ did not commit any violations since the young man has already signed his financial aid paperwork and is classified as a UT student!" :rtfm::compute:

Word of advice...read the rest of the posts ITT and you'll find your answer as to why he did.

He's playing around...he does that...misunderstood psychotic genius :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well were screwed since butch mentioned Malone, better be ready for 10 schollys to be taken away:D

And Mark Richt has to be feeling TRIPLE STUPID after reading his love poem to Josh...getting double secret probation...and not even landing in the top 2 :)

With Richardson declaring for the draft, does that open up another scholarship for the 2014 class?

It has no bearing on how many we can take in this class. It does open up a spot under the 85 limit, and we'll need several more to open up in order to take everyone who is committed.

Wait.. so does Josh get in trouble as well? Or is it just Jones that will get in trouble for the mention? If Josh gets suspended our season is over IMO. What an idiotic mistake.

NCAA changed the rule in Oct I think. Coaches have unlimited contact as well as unlimited commentary on the recruit provided the financial aid agreement is signed. Under these new rules, Malone can even talk to the coaches during the holiday dead period where other recruits can not .

Quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread has been going on for almost 20 hours which I feel is incredible. What's even more incredible is that Butch can apparently mention Malone in tweets without getting in trouble.

mind-blown.jpg

Thank you so much for clearing this up! I'm surprised that no one else knew this!!

And Mark Richt has to be feeling TRIPLE STUPID after reading his love poem to Josh...getting double secret probation...and not even landing in the top 2 :)

Just read that Butch said while Malone was on a visit to UT, Richt was blowing the kids phone up. Butch said that was a major violation. Tifwiw.

Just read that Butch said while Malone was on a visit to UT, Richt was blowing the kids phone up. Butch said that was a major violation. Tifwiw.

Didn't Kiffin say the same thing about Urban and it turned out its not a violation?

VN Store

Back