Butch Jones Comments (12/6)

Volunteer_Kirby

Its not what you think...
All are taken from Tennessee Football @Vol_Football

JONES: It's all about recruiting. It's always sunny in Knoxville.

JONES: We talked about being 1-0. I was really proud of our seniors for going out on a winning note. It was important to get the momentum.

JONES: We've already started out offseason conditioning program.

JONES: You'll always remember your last game. Anytime you break a record held by Reggie White is very special (on @CoreyMillerYFN)

JONES: I think you could see a decision on Tiny Richardson as early as today.

JONES: It's been a whirlwind tour already this offseason. As soon as the Kentucky game ended, I was on the road.

JONES: It's a grind, but we're trying to secure the foundation of this football program.

JONES: This weekend and next we'll have a lot of early enrollees here. We'll be able to welcome 14 new additions come January.

JONES: We have to realize that these are still only 17-18 year old young adults. But they're going to be extremely talented.

JONES: It's really exciting because we get to develop the young players to our standard.

JONES: We're still going to add to this. There are a few spots left open.

JONES: You need as many QBs in your program as possible because of the grind of the SEC schedule.

JONES: I think both Auburn and Mizzou are capable of playing for the National Championship. They're very deserving.

JONES: Getting Josh Malone is a big time get for a number of reasons. He's a program changer and difference maker at the WR position.

JONES: The sky is the limit with Josh Malone. He can be as good as he wants to be.

JONES: You talk about recruiting... I'm in a car in the middle of Kansas watching the Josh Malone press conference on my cell phone.

JONES: It is a grind, but recruiting is the lifeline of any football program.

JONES: Each year is different. One-third of your team changes each year. Auburn and Missouri are tremendous illustrations of that.

JONES on RICHARDSON: "We appreciate Antonio's efforts and contributions to the University of Tennessee Football ...He will always be a Vol For Life and we wish him all the best as he looks to further his career in the NFL."

:hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 19 people
Pretty sure CBJ just committed a recruiting violation by naming Josh Malone.

Reactions: 3 people
jPeZi.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Someone help me out....did Jones commit a violation by mentioning Malone's name? Haven't seen it posted anywhere. Thanks.

Reactions: 8 people
Was mentioning Malone a violation? Seriously I want to know...Was it? Hadn't seen any one else ask.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back