Butch Jones 10 Years as HC

But they can never kill us! Like their worst nightmare we are born again in ever new negavol thread they start while trying in vain to rewrite Butch's failed record.

giphy.gif

"They" "We" "us"...can you name 5 posters that fall into each of the "they and we" categories?

Posts like the above are "fuel" for the dumbassery around here.

Got an issue with a post, "attack" that poster.

Edit: In my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If Jones goes 10-2 with regular season victories over USCjr and Vandy, then we're all talking about raising his salary to protect him from ND, etc. I know, I know..."...ifs and butts, candy and nutts...".

My point is that perceptions of success can turn on a dime - and they did with CBJ. He's in a hole and has to climb his way out while earning million$ in the process. The problem is two fold:

1) the last 2 regular season games were terrible. It was if "just getting to a bowl game" was enough to satisfy the unwashed masses of UT fans
2) are we trying to have the best 3* recruiting class in America? That will not get it done in the SEC - and I'm afraid he's not the type of coach who can leverage most players ability above themselves.

If Jones goes 10-2 with regular season victories over USCjr and Vandy, then we're all talking about raising his salary to protect him from ND, etc. I know, I know..."...ifs and butts, candy and nutts...".

My point is that perceptions of success can turn on a dime - and they did with CBJ. He's in a hole and has to climb his way out while earning million$ in the process. The problem is two fold:

1) the last 2 regular season games were terrible. It was if "just getting to a bowl game" was enough to satisfy the unwashed masses of UT fans
2) are we trying to have the best 3* recruiting class in America? That will not get it done in the SEC - and I'm afraid he's not the type of coach who can leverage most players ability above themselves.

I don't think many people think he is an a hole, its just that he is not a very good coach. Its not to bad mouth him, he is simply a mediocre coach and his record proves it. For whatever reason, he cant seem to manage to a team to the point of overachieving. His trend is not to pull off games he shouldn't win, his trend is to not win games he shouldn't and lose a game or two he shouldn't as well. Unfortunately in college football, the margins are that slim.
Many are willing to excuse it because the Dooley years were so bad and its shown in two way. The first is the constant attempts to bring up historical records and such. The second is to bring up spins and cherry picked stats in an effort to prove how great CBJ is. If that is your thing, great, doesn't make it true.
Many CBJ hires some coaches and recruits some talent that hides his deficiencies, but the fact that he is nothing more than a mediocre coach is pretty much undeniable at this point.

Posted in the around NCAA thread but it's interesting to contrast Mac and Butch so i thought this thread was appropriate.

4 star decommit. UF down to 31st is recruiting.

CB Elijah Blades decommits from the Florida Gators

I can't imagine this site if this was the Vols. So would you guys take Mac or Butch today if you could choose?

Gruden.

But to answer your question, Butch.

Posted in the around NCAA thread but it's interesting to contrast Mac and Butch so i thought this thread was appropriate.

4 star decommit. UF down to 31st is recruiting.

CB Elijah Blades decommits from the Florida Gators

I can't imagine this site if this was the Vols. So would you guys take Mac or Butch today if you could choose?

MAC = 2 years at UF 2 SECE crowns, doesn't use injuries as an excuse to go to Death Valley and beats LSU with the SECE on the line. Proven to develop lesser talent and win games.
CBJ = 4 years in the league, 0 SECE crowns, uses injuries as an excuse to lose to Vandy, proven to have a deficiency in developing talent.

MAC all day and hire some good recruiters to cover that deficiency. MAC is the better game day coach.

MAC = 2 years at UF 2 SECE crowns, doesn't use injuries as an excuse to go to Death Valley and beats LSU with the SECE on the line. Proven to develop lesser talent and win games.
CBJ = 4 years in the league, 0 SECE crowns, uses injuries as an excuse to lose to Vandy, proven to have a deficiency in developing talent.

MAC all day and hire some good recruiters to cover that deficiency. MAC is the better game day coach.

You've been stuck in Alabama awhile, haven't you?

Did he actually say that after the Vandy game, or is that from others here on VN.

Reactions: 1 person
"They" "We" "us"...can you name 5 posters that fall into each of the "they and we" categories?

I don't want to waste my time researching for you what should be obvious to you and anyone else who spends more than 5 min on this forum. Let's just say that >40 posters liked the post suggesting I should kill myself for believing that going 2-2 vs Vandy and 0-3 vs Muschamp is the proof that Butch failed. :crazy:

I don't want to waste my time researching for you what should be obvious to you and anyone else who spends more than 5 min on this forum. Let's just say that >40 posters liked the post suggesting I should kill myself for believing that going 2-2 vs Vandy and 0-3 vs Muschamp is the proof that Butch failed. :crazy:

facepalm.jpg

ALL posters like absurd impolitic shizzle such as the post you cite above. They continue to pile on the likes when someone else posted that posting/liking such a notion is whacked.

Just tell Behr you're disinclined to acquiesce to his request. That is the truth, is it not?

Yeah, that's it...keeping telling yourself that. Keep convincing yourself that its more fun to watch Florida win the east every year.

Aw, man. I hand you the opportunity for a merrily absurd aside, and you've got to shovel the smack in reply... You are in need of Nehi, oh exiled one.

Aw, man. I hand you the opportunity for a merrily absurd aside, and you've got to shovel the smack in reply... You are in need of Nehi, oh exiled one.

Yeah, I wish I lived in the fantasy land where drinking an orange soda and putting silly slogans after a win prediction makes our football team good. Then maybe id have the ability to say that teams that beat us this year are gimme games next year.

I remember when I was like 8,9,10 years old. about a month before football season, Id drink orange Gatorade all the time, eat orange slice candy and other stuff. getting all pumped up on orange.......when I was 10!

If you only see problems with CBJs coaching in the losses to Vandy and USCe, then that's part of the problem.

CBJ and staff struggled to have the team ready to play for 4 quarters every game this past season. We struggled to beat App State, and literally needed luck in their poor kicking and in Hurd's fumble recovery to not lose that game. Ohio, we let them hang around threatening to upset us until the end of the fourth quarter. That's not just a 1 or 2 game problem. The lack of preparation killed us once we had injuries to deal with as well, because we no longer had raw talent to bail us out.

Butch has retained coaches who have year in and year out underperformed, and whose units have even regressed. But we are supposed to believe that those same coaches, are going to take team 121 and somehow do more with less?

facepalm.jpg

ALL posters like absurd impolitic shizzle such as the post you cite above. They continue to pile on the likes when someone else posted that posting/liking such a notion is whacked.

Just tell Behr you're disinclined to acquiesce to his request. That is the truth, is it not?

No. The truth is in my post you already replied to (but obviously did not get it).

Yeah, I wish I lived in the fantasy land where drinking an orange soda and putting silly slogans after a win prediction makes our football team good. Then maybe id have the ability to say that teams that beat us this year are gimme games next year.

I remember when I was like 8,9,10 years old. about a month before football season, Id drink orange Gatorade all the time, eat orange slice candy and other stuff. getting all pumped up on orange.......when I was 10!

It's not fantasy land to nostalgically drink a soda pop and laughingly post wet dreams of undefeated season when plodding through the long dark of the off season. It's comic relief. It's the grain of salt which preserves the untainted joy of fandom when you've seen as many decades as I have seen.

Besides, men are eternally children. I can explain this further at another time.

Yea, that was a dumb way to say what I assume he meant.

Like so many times, I (we) pick one post to respond to many.

Poorly structured on my part ? Maybe, but you should have understood my point.

It's not fantasy land to nostalgically drink a soda pop and laughingly post wet dreams of undefeated season when plodding through the long dark of the off season. It's comic relief. It's the grain of salt which preserves the untainted joy of fandom when you've seen as many decades as I have seen.

Besides, men are eternally children. I can explain this further at another time.

Do your thing man, its 18 year old kids playing a game so it doesn't effect me at all. I love Tennessee sports...all of them, but I keep them in perspective. Our team is probably not going to be that good next year, so I don't post about mythological undefeated seasons every year as to add to the laughing stock that is our fan base that is a national punchline of "next year is finally our year." If you want to, knock yourself out, but don't expect others to follow suit.

If TN fans and the admin tolerate 7-5 (even 8-4) we may as well become the new Ole Miss, and forget our tradition.

Yep....FL (our rival) didn't tolerate Zook....and I believe he went bowling every yr also.

When standards get lowered....mediocrity will conquer.

The "at least he ain't Dooley" still isn't good enough for long term. That's getting UT out of the very bottom back to the middle. Room to move up and what we've witnessed last 2 yrs....Until he proves it..I don't have any blind faith in CBJ.

VN Store

Back