Butch is not going anywhere.

I wouldn't waste my money on season tix until Butch leaves. His system sucks. It's soft and counter-intuitive. Shotgun from the 1...repeatedly...and rarely turns into 6. Short routes on 3rd down. No toughness, noone is scared of us, we don't use our dynamic players as weapons. It's just a joke.

I wouldn't waste my money on season tix until Butch leaves. His system sucks. It's soft and counter-intuitive. Shotgun from the 1...repeatedly...and rarely turns into 6. Short routes on 3rd down. No toughness, noone is scared of us, we don't use our dynamic players as weapons. It's just a joke.

This. I decided not to but tickets this year because he is the coach.

I like CBJ. He is a great guy, a good recruiter and has a passion for the game. But goodness, he needs to get off of this conservative strategy. He has no "go out an win the game" versus his let's not lose it. How many times does he have to go through a conservative loss to not realize this is his weakness? Geez!

I like CBJ. He is a great guy, a good recruiter and has a passion for the game. But goodness, he needs to get off of this conservative strategy. He has no "go out an win the game" versus his let's not lose it. How many times does he have to go through a conservative loss to not realize this is his weakness? Geez!

Not sure being conservative was the problem today. More like have 1st and goal twice and throwing on all three downs BOTH TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on fellas....y'all don't want to play iowa st in the liberty bowl and get 4 straight bowl wins?

Agree he's a great guy....hate to be calling for anyone to lose their job, but he makes 5 mil a year and I don't think he could argue with lack of results. He may have a couple punchlines to throw out "Its a process, brick by brick" whatever man. no hard feelings, it didn't work out...What about Charlie Strong? I like him and he's swole. I bet he could recruit well here and is making contacts in south florida as we speak....

Well he should. How long are we gonna have to deal with this team not playing up to its talent. This team hasn't played a full 4 quarters since Butch got here. The guy is a recruiter not a head coach of a major D1 program. He has no common sense on how to coach a football team! Period!

Not sure being conservative was the problem today. More like have 1st and goal twice and throwing on all three downs BOTH TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They stacked the box eliminating the threat of a running TD. At least I am thinking that is what CBJ was thinking. FLA was thinking make the QB throw. It was a wise decision. If I were CBJ, I would have run it anyway. But I am not the coach. But seeing a box filled with the D, I can see where a throw might have looked inviting.

Bama is a loss. LSU more than likely a loss. Ga probably a loss. If he loses to SC, Mizz, Vandy, or Kentucky he is gone

You might be right but why does it take those additional losses. What we saw today was pure incompetence. What if we squeak by those other teams you mentioned?

Get it all out of your system Butch is not going anywhere this year or next year.

These are the comments that infuriate me. You're insane to say that right now. We'll see how the year turns out. But he goes 7-5 he's gone! No doubt. I think he's gone at 8-4. Who still likes him? Who still thinks he can win the sec? He's 1-4 against horrendous FL teams.

Last edited:
"What would it take for you to think butch should go"

2-6 in the SEC which is a very real possibility.

Have you seen them? Mizzou is simply awful. USC jr offense still sucks when not playing Mizzou, and we have them at home. Kentucky is still Kentucky. That's three.

LSU just lost by a record amount to MSU. Ogeron still sucks as an HC. We have a great shot against them. Uga is still unproven under smart, and we beat them last year. vandy scares me, but we have them at home.

Bammer looks untouchable, as usual, but we have come really close twice in the Saban era (2015 and 2009), and anything can happen.

I see at least 5 SEC wins. the first paragraph and 2 of the 3 in the second.

Four at the worst. If I want to dream, 7. :)

I find my self fading away more and more from this team since these past couple years. Butch will still be coach for as long as fans keep coming to games.

Get it all out of your system Butch is not going anywhere this year or next year.

Don't be so sure. Butch is skating on VERY thin ice. That's not just my opinion, that's a fact. 8-4 will likely buy him one more year, but anything less and he's gone. Based on today's performance, 8-4 is far from a guarantee. 6-6 (or maybe worse) is a real possibility. John Currie proved that he isn't all in on Butch when he didn't give in to Butch's plea for a raise and extension. Currie has shown very early in his time as AD that he won't hesitate to fire coaches who aren't getting it done.

This Florida team will lose 2, maybe 3 sec games. We need to just keep getting better and stay healthy. I say let the season play out and see what happens. If we win out, nobody will care about how this game ended. If we only win 6 games this year....that's a different story. We can't jump on the fire butch train right now, it's way too early in the season. Let's see what happens, then decide. Support our kids by supporting their coaches! Go vols!

No point in firing Butch at this time. I don't think there is anyone else on the staff who would do better as an interim coach. Butch has done many good things for the program, recruiting at a high level, raising the academic grade level, bringing the program back to a respectable level albeit not a championship level, and being a good representative for the school. I think he deserves to be retained at least until near the end of the season. If they continue to have bad games like this then something can be done near the end of the season. We will have to identify another suitable coach, but it is difficult to determine who would do well in the job. Please don't say Chip Kelly, as we don't need someone to get us into trouble with NCAA violations, and not sure he would be good in the SEC anyway. Wasn't very good in the pros. Gruden not a good choice either, little college coaching experience, and just mediocre record in pros. Give it a while to see what happens with the program and if needed, who might work out as a replacement.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back