Butch is not going anywhere.

I don't want to start over. I hate the idea of another rebuild. But it's coming. You can't have consistent game management issues and failing at fundamental levels like we are. An sec team that recruits at our level doesn't look so bad even with youth at many positions.

If they hire the right coach it will not be a rebuild. Jones was hired to right the ship and get some talent on the roster. Anything more would have been gravy. He obviously has not done more and will be compensated greatly for his effort. But still hire the right coach and there is enough talent on the roster and coming in to win right away.

He has been on thin ice since blowing last years chance at the SECCG

I'm with you Count but I don't believe in the people making the decisions at TN. I really think they are happy with attendance and sales and don't really care about winning. They've never hired a proven coach in any sport. Pat was the exception and really unknown at 21 years old anyway. At the end of the day, I just don't think we have people in charge who care about winning nor understand how winning could make TN even MORE profitable.

As long as Butch is here just get used to the roller coaster and inexplicable losses while doing less with more.

I've been a Big Butch Fan. Until now.

But all that aside, Butch landed in exactly the right place. Knoxville. And he's probably not going anywhere.

Why should he?

Knoxville is the land of mediocrity. We're the capital of "almost but not quite" in terms of success and motivation.

We are steady as she goes, don't rock the boat, go along to get along, ride it out until your pension. Too many government jobs, not enough entrepreneurial spirit or drive. Microbreweries and head shops don't count.

The last entrepreneurs who did anything around here went to jail.

Now the Haslams are in control. Their business is to keep everyone fat, dumb and happy so they can sell them cigarettes, beer and lotto tickets. And it works! For them. Until they go to jail.

So don't blame Butch. It's us. The sheeple. A new coach or AD or chancellor can't and won't fix it.

Pat Summitt was one of the few exceptions. And now she's gone.

But all that aside, Butch landed in exactly the right place. Knoxville. And he's probably not going anywhere.

Why should he?

Knoxville is the land of mediocrity. We're the capital of "almost but not quite" in terms of success and motivation.

We are steady as she goes, don't rock the boat, go along to get along, ride it out until your pension. Too many government jobs, not enough entrepreneurial spirit or drive. Microbreweries and head shops don't count.

Now the Haslams are in control. Their business is to keep everyone fat, dumb and happy so they can sell them cigarettes, beer and lotto tickets. And it works! For them. Until they go to jail.

So don't blame Butch. It's us. The sheeple. A new coach or AD or chancellor can't and won't fix it.

wait. what? wait. what?

how did we get to all that?

butch is just a bad coach man.

KjTWZzX.png

wait. what? wait. what?

how did we get to all that?

butch is just a bad coach man.

Yes, he is. I was on the fence, but yeah.

But in the bigger scheme of things, he's just a symptom. And a symbol of everything that's wrong with Knoxville.

We are the Peter Principle of the South.

If they hire the right coach it will not be a rebuild. Jones was hired to right the ship and get some talent on the roster. Anything more would have been gravy. He obviously has not done more and will be compensated greatly for his effort. But still hire the right coach and there is enough talent on the roster and coming in to win right away.

Jones was hired because he was the first coach down the list to say he would take the job, not because Hart and company knew he was the man that would "right the ship". He was a warm body, that said the things they wanted to hear.

Been around Tennessee football for 60 years. Jones is only coach I know that has lost to Vandy TWICE in their tenure (and he did it in 4 years no less). His record against SEC teams will be his downfall. His teams should be 4-1 against gators, not 1-4.

Why should he?

As long as fans keep attending the administration will keep on keepin on.

If we're even dreaming replacing him as the head coach, it had better be done before he loses all of his recruits. We do not want to have another duly situation. Once the recruits figure out that he has gone, there will be a downward spiral. Fewer recruits lead to fewer wins which lead to fewer recruits which lead to fewer ruins. Currently he has stocked our shelves with excellent Talent. Now would be the best possible time to replace him.

If we go 6-6 and UT gets a bowl Jones is not going anywhere. All the UT admin care about is putting UT fans azzes in seats and getting a bowl. Losing season might get the ball rolling. I would never, ever wish that for these kids. They played their rears off. The coaches just didn't put them into a position to win.

For those saying they don't want another rebuild, it won't be. This program is ready to win, just needs a good general. Bring in a good coach and we could win the East next year.

Jones was hired because he was the first coach down the list to say he would take the job, not because Hart and company knew he was the man that would "right the ship". He was a warm body, that said the things they wanted to hear.

Been around Tennessee football for 60 years. Jones is only coach I know that has lost to Vandy TWICE in their tenure (and he did it in 4 years no less). His record against SEC teams will be his downfall. His teams should be 4-1 against gators, not 1-4.

You are correct that he was down the list but it did not matter who was hired they were hired to right the ship, no more.

Its the truth. Administration will not make a move to replace Jones this year. Even finishing 6-6 he will have 1 more year.

Everyone felt the same way until Fulmer and Dooley started seeing attendance plummet. Status quo only works if the fans are showing up.

Why would anyone pay to support the product the coaches are putting on the field?

VN Store

Back