Butch -- Get us out of Music City

Wtf does September have to do with anything other than we finally broke the streak. A second half meltdown by Florida back in September means very little when you consider what has happened since.

Means a lot to me. But im petty and shallow.

Reactions: 2 people
The defense was so bad down the stretch they were asking Dobbs to play a perfect game every week. It's not possible. Thing is he almost did it. Dobbs wasn't the problem. Giving up 2000 yards to perennial SEC cellar dweller's was the problem. Dobbs did all he could, not his fault.

He played very well against Vandy and it's not Dobbs fault the Vols lost to Vandy

inability to tackle and cover on defense lost both games for Jones and the Vols

Both games? The SC game? That was a lot on Dobbs.

I said earlier that the Vandy game was not all on Dobbs. However, the OP said Dobbs deserved better. If he deserved better then he should have taken over in the second half and scored more than 3 points. Everyone knew our D wasn't going to win that game.

Reactions: 1 person
We're 8-4 and 2nd in SEC-E. We're #2 in scoring in the SEC.

Why are we going to the 6th or SEC 7th bowl? Particularly given that Alabama is in the playoff and not taking one of the spots?

Dobbs deserves better.

the perception of the bowls is that Tennessee fans will not travel this year over the disgust of losing to Vanderbilt. We slipped from the Sugar Bowl to Music City.

Reactions: 3 people
Butch Jones has nothing to do with where we are selected to go. I have no problems with the Music City this year, it's close enough for fans to go that want to without having to travel a far distance which is probably a good thing after the way this year has went. Having said that, I expect a good crowd by the time game time rolls around especially with a matchup with Nebraska. Should be a fun game, I think it's a good matchup. GBO!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Took Dooley 1 year to get to Music City, took Butch Jones 4 years. Progress, though, appreciate his progress, guys.

Yes by a second half meltdown by Florida. Can you honestly say UT is better than UF right now?

We beat the gators, if we didn't have the injuries that we now have we would still beat the gators. We were better when we played, we kicked Florida's butt the meltdown didn't happen on it's own Tennessee kept UF from getting a first down until the 4th quarter in the second half and scored at will in the second half. Florida got schooled. GBO!!!!!

We beat the gators, if we didn't have the injuries that we now have we would still beat the gators. We were better when we played, we kicked Florida's butt the meltdown didn't happen on it's own Tennessee kept UF from getting a first down until the 4th quarter in the second half and scored at will in the second half. Florida got schooled. GBO!!!!!

If a frog had wings....If my aunt had a .... she wouldn't be my aunt.

At the end of the day they cleared us by 2 games because we couldn't beat SC and Vandy.

If a frog had wings....If my aunt had a .... she wouldn't be my aunt.

At the end of the day they cleared us by 2 games because we couldn't beat SC and Vandy.
Cancels out any good will early in the year. All we have this year is ending a 10 or 11 game losing streak, whichever it was to a 4 loss team that had no offense to speak of..

I like the matchup with Nebraska. Does it really matter past the New Years Six bowls which one you go to? I mean shake them up, stir and they all are pretty much the same. They need to expand the playoff field to at least 8 teams anyway. Include the big bowls in it and do it right. Why does it take them 20 years to finally get anything right..

VN Store

Back