Butch deserves NO Raise and NO extension

Replace "majority" with EVERY and we're even Steven. Ricky Williams Master P failed agent tried that performance based jive once...ONCE. It's become a textbook case for how to get fired as an agent. :)

That's a problem. The pile of money isn't unlimited. It's getting really embarrassing that coaches pay continues to elevate at rates well beyond all economic metrics while players don't participate and actually are being damaged physically. Even the TV money that drives all of it is capitulating. Cord cutting is a real thing and is affecting the finances of the companies that are bidding up the programming rights fees that trickle down to the coaches. Something is probably going to collapse in this business model. 5 or 10 years from now it will be completely different. The one thing that coaches might be able to continue to be the beneficiaries of is that live sporting events are still bringing in the advertising dollars. If you are watching a live event... you can't fast forward through the time outs and skip over the commercials.

That's a problem. The pile of money isn't unlimited. It's getting really embarrassing that coaches pay continues to elevate at rates well beyond all economic metrics while players don't participate and actually are being damaged physically. Even the TV money that drives all of it is capitulating. Cord cutting is a real thing and is affecting the finances of the companies that are bidding up the programming rights fees that trickle down to the coaches. Something is probably going to collapse in this business model. 5 or 10 years from now it will be completely different. The one thing that coaches might be able to continue to be the beneficiaries of is that live sporting events are still bringing in the advertising dollars. If you are watching a live event... you can't fast forward through the time outs and skip over the commercials.

Money gets bigger and bigger...they'll expand the playoffs and it'll be even more monstrous. SEC Network by itself is filling up team coffers. Don't see this collapse you're predicting but don't get out of your bunker on my account. :)

And how many years did it take for UGA to get to that point? A lot more than 3...

Richt was 32-8 (18-6 SEC) in his first 3 years. Finished top 10 in years 2 and 3. That includes 2 wins against Tennessee when it was supposedly still at it's prime.

Really not sure where you're going with that. UGA was also 16-8 in the previous 2 years before Richt took over.

Reactions: 1 person
Money gets bigger and bigger...they'll expand the playoffs and it'll be even more monstrous. SEC Network by itself is filling up team coffers. Don't see this collapse you're predicting but don't get out of your bunker on my account. :)

Mushroom clouds, greeted as liberators, they will throw rose petals at our feet! Everyone will catch EBOLA! They are implementing Sharia law! They are taking away our guns! Death Panels!!!!!

Mushroom clouds, greeted as liberators, they will throw rose petals at our feet! Everyone will catch EBOLA! They are implementing Sharia law! They are taking away our guns! Death Panels!!!!!

Damn MTV taking over EVERYTHING! :aggressive:

Apparently you're oblivious to the finances of companies like Disney, CBS, and Comcast and don't understand that that is the source of the funding for college football.

If UT gets the Outback Bowl then he deserves a raise --- screw those other bowls even though they claim they are all even

Richt was 32-8 (18-6 SEC) in his first 3 years. Finished top 10 in years 2 and 3. That includes 2 wins against Tennessee when it was supposedly still at it's prime.

Really not sure where you're going with that. UGA was also 16-8 in the previous 2 years before Richt took over.

UT was 10-14 (42%) the two years before Jones took over. So, you're saying Richt started with a team at 67% and was well ahead of the curve Jones inherited?

Yeah? Who needs to keep a coach that improves recruiting and wins every year, am I right?

There's not a whole lot of room to improve from here. "Improving" has been low hanging fruit considering how far the bar had been lowered. Now is the time to see what Butch really can do. I'm running out of metaphors.

There's not a whole lot of room to improve from here. "Improving" has been low hanging fruit considering how far the bar had been lowered. Now is the time to see what Butch really can do. I'm running out of metaphors.

So you don't want him to improve? Your vocabulary seems limited at best anyway.

This is getting older than the name calling and IQ bashing of the non #fightingbutches. Anytime someone sets a goal that you #fightingbutches disagree with, you throw out the ridiculous claim of "moving the goal post". Any #fightingbutches member that thinks 10 wins shouldn't be the standard needs to recheck Tennessee football history, especially now that they play so many games.

10 wins should be the expectation. I agree on that. Expecting it EVERY single year is ridiculous and you know it. Should LSU fire Les Miles? You have to be realistic. Even great programs stumble.

So you don't want him to improve? Your vocabulary seems limited at best anyway.

I don't know how you came up with that stupid interpretation. I'm saying that it was pretty simple to "improve" from the depth of Dooley to get to the current level and that "improving" from here becomes quite challenging. Where in any of that did I say that I don't want improvement? And I'm a math guy more than a language guy... so as far as your last comment, STFU a-hole.

Apparently you're oblivious to the finances of companies like Disney, CBS, and Comcast and don't understand that that is the source of the funding for college football.

I click on Yahoo. :). They want more money for their executives...cut the smaller writers and "other little people" out. Scream poverty and then go Medellin Cartel at the next rights bidding. :rock: Maybe YOU don't understand how BIG BUSINESS works? :dunno:

I don't know how you came up with that stupid interpretation. I'm saying that it was pretty simple to "improve" from the depth of Dooley to get to the current level and that "improving" from here becomes quite challenging. Where in any of that did I say that I don't want improvement? And I'm a math guy more than a language guy... so as far as your last comment, STFU a-hole.

Now you're getting personal...and having to use words instead of numbers. You misspelled your profanity btw. :lol:

I click on Yahoo. :). They want more money for their executives...cut the smaller writers and "other little people" out. Scream poverty and then go Medellin Cartel at the next rights bidding. :rock: Maybe YOU don't understand how BIG BUSINESS works? :dunno:

I didn't realize that corporations had wants and the ability to speak.

Metaphors? How about your default...Johnny Majors? Sucked WAY worse than Battle before he turned it around WAY down the line... He would have been ecstatic to "improve" every year...dipped a few enroute. :good!:

Now you do. :idea: They usually "speak" with board meetings...and layoffs.

Corporations are having board meetings and making strategic decisions? Wow, I was wrong assuming that they were just legal entities created when attorneys file legal documents with the state. Suppose they can coach football?

Corporations are having board meetings and making strategic decisions? Wow, I was wrong assuming that they were just legal entities created when attorneys file legal documents with the state. Suppose they can coach football?

I wouldn't beat myself up about it...you're WRONG a lot. :thumbsup:

We're talking "improvements" and your TOLERANCE of such. Don't try to misrepresent my point because you can't keep up...you salty codger. :yu:

I don't think that you're keeping up. "Improvements" have an upper limit. I'm saying that Butch is approaching it and "improvements" will no longer be the measuring stick. That last thing is a metaphor BTW... just to help you out a little.

Here we are, the Monday after our BELOVED VOLS finished with their best record in 8 years. There are people arguing against CBJ receiving a raise and extension that he received LAST YEAR. Could they not of had this argument last year?

VN Store

Back