Burger King

One time I ate at a Burger King due to convenience.

My stomach hurt so bad for a whole day. Probably food poisoning.

How people can eat that stuff regularly is beyond me. I'll eat potato chips from a gas station for a meal before I'll put that slop in my body ever again.
There was a BK close to my apartment in MaconGa when I was still in school. The 99 cent whopper and the weekly coupon circular from Blimpie kept me from starving.

Anyone remember when BK experimented with table service? You'd order at the counter and then get a number to set on the table so someone could bring your food out. They had popcorn machines so customers could munch on something while waiting for their food. This would've been mid to late- 1990s.

Also, last thought on BK for now. Anyone who grew up in Brentwood probably loved BK because it was our only fast food restaurant for many years (not counting Wendy's which is technically in Nashville). Brentwood actually prohibited drive-thru (fast food places) for many years but they bent the rule to allow a D'Lights, which was considered not fast food because they served light beer and wine coolers. D'Lights went out of business and BK got the lease. It was several years later when McD's and Taco Bell opened in Maryland Farms. Cool Springs was still farms at this point.

Anyone remember when BK experimented with table service? You'd order at the counter and then get a number to set on the table so someone could bring your food out. They had popcorn machines so customers could munch on something while waiting for their food. This would've been mid to late- 1990s.

Also, last thought on BK for now. Anyone who grew up in Brentwood probably loved BK because it was our only fast food restaurant for many years (not counting Wendy's which is technically in Nashville). Brentwood actually prohibited drive-thru (fast food places) for many years but they bent the rule to allow a D'Lights, which was considered not fast food because they served light beer and wine coolers. D'Lights went out of business and BK got the lease. It was several years later when McD's and Taco Bell opened in Maryland Farms. Cool Springs was still farms at this point.
Remember “Where’s Herb?”.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Who the **** eats Burger King anyway?

At one time, I used to eat my fair share of Whoppers, but that was a ways back and I'd say they were better then. However, the original chicken sandwich there has a hold on me. Don't know why. On the rare occasion I do stop at a BK, it is not spontaneous and only for the original chicken sandwich.

Reactions: knucklehead_vol
BTW, I am a carnivore through and through, but I tried an Impossible Burger to see what the hubbub was about. It was good.

I hate BK. I think they are generally filthy establishments that serve subpar food and their burgers are soaked in liquid smoke.

VN Store

Back