Buc-ee's

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Here's my moment to say I no longer understand this world. My relatives in TX always talk about Buc-ee's, which is basically a Love's station on steroids. I'm thinking, what the hell is the big deal? Y'all love snacks that much? I've had plenty of what they bring back from the store. It was good but it didn't knock my socks off.

On our way to Gulf Shores, AL this past Saturday, we were passing one and opted not to go in because it was nearly 9 pm and there were like 50 cars there.

We planned to go on our way out of town and I **** you not, I would guess there were 500 cars there. It was a massive traffic jam just trying to pull in. So we headed up the road and stopped at Cracker Barrel. WTF is wrong with people? How can the value proposition be that high? And who had the bright idea to sink big money into a gas station the size of a strip mall? Hats off to that guy. **** if I'll ever understand it. Who here loves Buc-ee's and can explain to me what I'm not understanding?

Pretty cool. Has anything you’d want during a trip and a lot you don’t even know you’d want until given a try. Options are never a bad thing. Well run operation and big employer here in Texas. They’re opening one in Crossville and I told my nephew he needs to apply…since he’s an institution at another travel center already. It’s been a year since I ventured to the store in Denton, but I never regret the stop.

Who here loves Buc-ee's and can explain to me what I'm not understanding?
There's one about 20 minutes from me. It's the damnedest thing I've ever seen. 120 pumps on the outside and what amounts to a small Walmart on the inside. Last time I stopped by there for gas, there were literally folks tailgating in the parking lot; eating brisket they had bought inside.

There's one about 20 minutes from me. It's the damnedest thing I've ever seen. 120 pumps on the outside and what amounts to a small Walmart on the inside. Last time I stopped by there for gas, there were literally folks tailgating in the parking lot; eating brisket they had bought inside.
A new one is set to open in Calhoun,GA on I-75 this month. I stop at them every time traveling to Houston. Cleanest bathrooms on the road, great food and snacks of all types, a gift shop that puts Cracker Barrel to shame, and competitive gas prices with rarely a wait at the pump. You gotta try it.

I always stop at the Buc-ee's just off of I-10 at (I believe) Exit 49 when I go to Gulf Shores which is 5 or 6 times each year. I cannot remember every stopping there without at least 50 vehicles being present. This location keeps 3 gas tankers on property at all times.....4 or 5 gas tankers in the summer.

As far as likes, my wife loves the coffee bar and cotton card. My son loves their Brisket sandwich, jerky, and fountain drink bar. As for me, I am want a clean restroom and Buc-ee's sparkles!! I also like there being several cash registers always opened with fast and friendly cashiers. Most importantly, I am yet to have a cashier have their attention focused on their phone while (trying to) ringing me up!!!!!

I do not know if this is true or not, but I was told about a month ago a Buc-ee's was going to be built somewhere off of Exit 407 (Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg Exit).

OK, brisket is a major selling point if it's good.

I always stop at the Buc-ee's just off of I-10 at (I believe) Exit 49 when I go to Gulf Shores which is 5 or 6 times each year. I cannot remember every stopping there without at least 50 vehicles being present. This location keeps 3 gas tankers on property at all times.....4 or 5 gas tankers in the summer.

As far as likes, my wife loves the coffee bar and cotton card. My son loves their Brisket sandwich, jerky, and fountain drink bar. As for me, I am want a clean restroom and Buc-ee's sparkles!! I also like there being several cash registers always opened with fast and friendly cashiers. Most importantly, I am yet to have a cashier have their attention focused on their phone while (trying to) ringing me up!!!!!

I do not know if this is true or not, but I was told about a month ago a Buc-ee's was going to be built somewhere off of Exit 407 (Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg Exit).

It’s true. Good luck getting staff to run it though!

Here's my moment to say I no longer understand this world. My relatives in TX always talk about Buc-ee's, which is basically a Love's station on steroids. I'm thinking, what the hell is the big deal? Y'all love snacks that much? I've had plenty of what they bring back from the store. It was good but it didn't knock my socks off.

On our way to Gulf Shores, AL this past Saturday, we were passing one and opted not to go in because it was nearly 9 pm and there were like 50 cars there.

We planned to go on our way out of town and I **** you not, I would guess there were 500 cars there. It was a massive traffic jam just trying to pull in. So we headed up the road and stopped at Cracker Barrel. WTF is wrong with people? How can the value proposition be that high? And who had the bright idea to sink big money into a gas station the size of a strip mall? Hats off to that guy. **** if I'll ever understand it. Who here loves Buc-ee's and can explain to me what I'm not understanding?
It does great there because there is literally nothing else around and its on the way to the beach...they have decent food for a gas station my autistic son wants to go there about once a month just to take selfie pics with Bucee 10 Things You Didn't Know About Buc-ee's, Your Favorite Texas Road Trip Stop

A new one is set to open in Calhoun,GA on I-75 this month. I stop at them every time traveling to Houston. Cleanest bathrooms on the road, great food and snacks of all types, a gift shop that puts Cracker Barrel to shame, and competitive gas prices with rarely a wait at the pump. You gotta try it.
They're hiring starting at $15/hr. I see the sign when driving to the house

we don’t have them here on the gulf coast of Florida, is it like Wawa on steroids?

I stopped on my way to Florida yesterday morning. I liked the one in Texas, so I had to. Those dang beaver nuggets are addictive, going to buy about 10 bags on the way home Monday 🤣

You go to Gulf Shores 5 to 6 times a year, What do you do there?

They're building one on I-95 in Florence, SC, and lots of talk about one slated for Anderson, SC soon.

They're hiring starting at $15/hr. I see the sign when driving to the house
Yep...so not only does my company compete with other manufacturers and warehouses for employees...now we are right next door to Buc-ees at exit 310

VN Store

Back