BTO’s Kentucky Postgame Report

To think that results isn't what any coach is paid for is laughable. Again, UT is 2-3 in the conference and you said that is where we were projected to be. I've used your friend Google and can't find that. I'm just asking for your link to that projection or you STFU.
Look at any analytics site, again, Google is your friend.

And no, coaches aren’t paid based on results, or the contract would be written that you’re paid $x amount per win. Expectations are there regardless, CCM was among the lower paid coaches in the SEC and the none of the folks complaining about Barnes salary were giving CCM a pass based on his salary.

If I had said “hey BTO we are gonna lose by 28 to Kentucky, 12 to LSU, and lose to Bama on the road” you would have said “lol whatever you’re an idiot, wanna put money on that?” Actually had I bet you after Arizona O/U 2.5 SEC wins the next 5 SEC games, you’d have taken the OVER I’m sure and laugh in my face.

It’s not just kenpom rankings. It’s not just the record. This team just doesn’t look to be good. Let’s take away Arizona…We played solid against Arizona behind a career Fulky appearance. And they outplayed us for 30 minutes of the game. Let’s take that game out.

What has this team shown that proves they can win big games? We are supposed to be this elite defensive team yet Kentucky embarrassed us. We finally play a good offensive game and it’s a 28 point loss.

Why am I supposed to believe this team can achieve anything significant? What has this team shown that proves they can do anything in March? Why am I supposed to believe that somehow…this team is magically gonna find its groove and put it together other than Shawshank Redemption hope and a plucky attitude? Sure…this team is gonna make the tournament. In the grand scheme of things, that’s fine for Tennessee basketball. But tell me, when we are 2-5 against top 50 kenpom teams so far why am I supposed to assume this is gonna get better?
You’re wrong, I was the one saying after Arizona that 2-3 was the most likely outcome of our first 5 SEC games, I hoped for better but knew it wasn’t likely.

And you don’t just remove a game, that’s like me saying well remove Kentucky and Alabama, doesn’t work that way.

I’m not saying believe anything at this point, that’s kind of my whole point, it’s mid-January and the slate to start was really tough…if Tennessee gets a little something going then moot point, if they struggle and limp to years end and miss the dance there will be plenty of critics, me included.

Fact is they’re 11-5(2-3) they could still legitimately finish 25-5(15-3) or 11-19(2-17), or anywhere in between…it’s funny to me you always wanted to point and use KenPom and analytics previously to disparage a Barnes or CCM team, but not when it goes the other way? Tennessee is still Top 15-20 on most every analytic page, which is right where they’ve been all year, call me crazy but I’ll give it a few more games before circling the wagons.

Do you know anything about probability and statistics? You don’t use an outlier data point to draw a line through to predict trajectory when all of your other data points are pointing in the opposite direction. “Experts” on here are ignoring all of the relevant data points and clinging to the outlier.
-We blasted a North Carolina team on a neutral court that’s probably about to enter the Top 25.

-We lost in OT to a Texas Tech team on a neutral court that is about to be Top 10 probably.

-Went on the road and beat what’s likely a tourney team in Colorado by 15 points at their place.

-Our 5 losses are against KenPom ranked teams #3, #7, #12, #16 & #17 and not a single of those were at home. We have wins against #6 and #24, one of those on neutral court.

So if you want to talk about trends you probably need to include all the data points which means North Carolina on a neutral court who we hammered and a Colorado team on the road, maybe you aren’t aware but home/road in college is a big swing…right now our resume says we are a Top 15-25 type team, that’s why we continue to be projected as 4-6 seed range, idk how the season unfolds but until there’s more games it’s hard to definitively say much more than that.

Given the play of Fulk & ON my move on the lineup is bringing in ZZ or Powell, and moving JJJ to the 4…first off we’ve been playing JJJ mostly there anyways, so why start him at the 3 just to continue to start ON & Fulk when neither are deserving? Start with JJJ at the 4 and I really don’t care who at the 5, ON/Fulk/BHH/Uros, go with that and let them know of those 4 that when they’re in there they better bring energy and effort, if you make a mistake trying it’s fine, but you better bring it.

Reactions: Volle

VN Store

Back