BTO’s Florida postgame report

He can post it up no doubt; however he is 6.6, and Tennessee has Williams, and Alexander there already. In the paint, Schofield is a better driver/worker, than a "wait there get the ball and shoot." guy.
that's honestly what i was trying to say. Schofield should start playing like a slasher / shot creator instead of trying to jack up 3s

Reactions: Roustabout
Bowden plays taller than he is, really got up for that alley-oop.

Love Turner’s arc on his 3-ball, wish Bone would get more on his.

We beat the spread, -11.5, barely, preserved by a missed Florida layup at the end.

Reactions: FlVols
Kentucky scares me. I don't think we've played our best basketball yet this season. We have another level. Our versatility has gotten the Vols where they are and we've won when one or even two haven't been playing their best game. Tonight was rather different in that everyone seemed to be less than dialed in but everyone did enough. In starting to wonder if this team isn't playing to the competition a little bit. I do like how they seem to be taking it one game at a time. SC mid week and a huge game against KY Saturday.

I am not disagreeing with you. The game at KY will be a very tough one to pull off. However the LSU game worries me the most. KY doesn't have the O Tennessee does, but their D is better. Tennessee has the O and players to play with anyone and win a tight game. LSU doesn't have near the D that KY has, but their O is better, and LSU has great bigs, they also have a G who can get real hot.

I've not believed in this team several times this year and every time they have proved me wrong. So until further notice I will not not believe anymore!!!! Let's go whip some KY butt cause we got something for them again this year and that's a bad a$$ basketball team!!! GBO and the train keeps rolling!!!

that's honestly what i was trying to say. Schofield should start playing like a slasher / shot creator instead of trying to jack up 3s

There are times when he prob should fake and drive; however he is Tennessee's best 3 pt shooter. Schofield has the most 3 attempts, the most made 3's and the highest 3% (other than players who have not shot it much). Tennessee does not shoot the 3 much, but they prob need him to keep shooting some, just to stretch teams out so Tennessee can do what they want..........paint points.

Maybe the highest ratio of offensive fouls to total fouls ever by TN. Were there 7 fouls called on TN when they had the ball?
Two of them were complete BS calls. Fulkerson didn't touch anyone and the one on Grant. Some of The officials seem to pick on Grant when he's posting up and love to call offensive fouls.

Bone, Bowden, and Turner. Dynamic G trio. When you add in the bigs and the bench support and it's the greatest show on earth.
I knew this team would be good, but there is no way I expected them to be 22-1 at this point after looking at the schedule at the beginning of the season.

Last year, Bowden went on a streak of hitting 3's. This year, he has shown he could hit from anywhere else, but he seemed to not be hitting his 3's. Now, he seems to be putting it all together. His confidence is at an all-time high. It has been fun to watch it all come together for him.

Last year, Bowden went on a streak of hitting 3's. This year, he has shown he could hit from anywhere else, but he seemed to not be hitting his 3's. Now, he seems to be putting it all together. His confidence is at an all-time high. It has been fun to watch it all come together for him.
The great thing about this team is what you mentioned about Bowden. Our first six players can drive it to the basket (even KA occasionally, see @Mizzou), they can shoot the three, and they can shoot from mid-range. The first six offensively are complete players.

I’ve thought that myself. Our offense has changed from how we’re attacking now than earlier in the year. Use to get Grant going early but it may be due to the progression of Bone and the team maturing but I like to think we’re going to rip Ky up in the paint
Sarcasm

I hope that Alexander's injury is minor. He took a long time to get up off the floor and then missed both free throws (iirc). It was either his back or his hip. Barnes did put him in for the last minute, so hopefully it's nothing.

I'm not sure that anyone has control over what Schofield decides to shoot. ( no....no....no..... Great Shot!!! ) of course this year is different that last.....

The closer we get to tourney time the more the refs are letting the players play. This year's points of interest hand checks and leaning on the post are not being call like they were early in the season. I have to think the more the refs let them play the better we get.

VN Store

Back