Bryce Thompson has been cleared to practice

I have a wife and a daughter that I adore. I said this when it happened and I will say it again now:

If he damaged a gate in anger and the police or UT felt he should be arrested?
Misd. Damage to property

If he threatened to beat up his girlfriend and she told police so?
Misd. Communicating threats.

What he was charged with and arrested for was domestic assault. That is complete bullcrap because he never ASSAULTED anyone. Nobody ever even said he did. Nobody. Luckily this is his 1st offense and as long as he gets in absolutely ZERO trouble for the next few YEARS he can spend THOUSANDS of dollars on attorneys and get his record cleared.

He got railroaded into a domestic assault charge though which by itself is a HUGE stain on a persons record...even if not convicted it will be on his arrest record as well as being spread by the media all across the country.

This is absolute BULLCRAP. A man who beats on women is not a man at all. He didnt do that though. I am in no way defending his other actions...in fact...if that was MY daughter and he did actually threaten her...it would be ON between him and I...that said...he did not ASSAULT anyone and I am so tired of this PC wussified culture these days that it makes me sick. When you call something assault. Or rape. Or whatever it is NOT then you take away greatly from those things when they are actually called what they ARE.

Am I the only one who sees this?

Is this crap not insanity?

You CANNOT assault someone with words.

You can THREATEN them...which in some cases is a crime. You cant assault them though....what is going on in Ktown???

I have a wife and a daughter that I adore. I said this when it happened and I will say it again now:

Misd. Damage to property

What he was charged with and arrested for was domestic assault. That is complete bullcrap because he never ASSAULTED anyone. Nobody ever even said he did. Nobody. Luckily this is his 1st offense and as long as he gets in absolutely ZERO trouble for the next few YEARS he can spend THOUSANDS of dollars on attorneys and get his record cleared.

He got railroaded into a domestic assault charge though which by itself is a HUGE stain on a persons record...even if not convicted it will be on his arrest record as well as being spread by the media all across the country.

This is absolute BULLCRAP. A man who beats on women is not a man at all. He didnt do that though. I am in no way defending his other actions...in fact...if that was MY daughter and he did actually threaten her...it would be ON between him and I...that said...he did not ASSAULT anyone and I am so tired of this PC wussified culture these days that it makes me sick. When you call something assault. Or rape. Or whatever it is NOT then you take away greatly from those things when they are actually called what they ARE.

You can THREATEN them...which in some cases is a crime. You cant assault them though....what is going on in Ktown???
Simple assault in Tennessee is defined as intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causing bodily injury to another person, causing one of the following:

You have failed to read the entire chapter 13, or, you have picked the part you like, and left out the rest!!! Funnnneeeee!!!!
If you read you will in fact find out, black letter law, you can assault someone with words, hence the difference between assault and battery.
2010 Tennessee Code
Title 39 - Criminal Offenses
Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person
Part 1 - Assaultive Offenses
39-13-101 - Assault.

39-13-101. Assault.

(a) A person commits assault who:
(1) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another;
(2) Intentionally or knowingly causes another to reasonably fear imminent bodily injury; or
HERE (2) WE SEE THE WORDS, "CAUSES ANOTHER TO REASONABLY FEAR IMMINENT BODILY INJURY", such as, "I'm gonna slap the sh*t out of you"!! So I guess you are the only one that sees that you cannot assault someone with words--everyone else reading the law, sees, quite clearly, you can assault someone with words.

That is ridiculous. You cannot assault someone with words.

Arent we taught that in kindergarten????

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me...
Said every 6 year old. Ever.

Tell me again how this 18 to 22yo girl was assaulted by words.

The law may say that dumb crap..but we have got to toughen up folks. These safe spaces and gun free zones and the assault on the 1st and 2nd ammendments... we need to wake up and toughen up before it is too late. Heaven forbid we have another World war...the military cant even fill its allotments now because so many applicants are obese, drug addled, or felons. Dead serious...look it up. What have we come to?

The law may say that dumb crap..but we have got to toughen up folks. These safe spaces and gun free zones and the assault on the 1st and 2nd ammendments... we need to wake up and toughen up before it is too late. Heaven forbid we have another World war...the military cant even fill its allotments now because so many applicants are obese, drug addled, or felons. Dead serious...look it up. What have we come to?
Sir, you need to go to Nashville! Our law makers, are obviously idiots, the way they have written the law (as have so many other states, for at least 100 years) proves they don't know what they are doing! You could square away the state, in fact make us leaders in the world of criminal justice. From now on, assaulted would mean battery, and battery would mean battery. I guess if a young lady, a much small and weaker person was cornered by a very strong athlete (one strong enough to tear a steel gate off the wall, and be on an SEC Football team) is verbally threatening - Slap the SH*t out of her, for me it is not unreasonable to assume this female was in fact afraid of physical harm. When someone threatens to "shoot up the school", it is very reasonable to take these threats seriously, and consider them 100% real, until proven otherwise, a lot of peoples safety depends on it. BT has had problems with females in the past (where the Courts had to be involved). If he is going to be playing for UT, or even staying at UT, he needs to get his head screwed on right, the school should help.

Sadly you are correct!

Fake buddy. Got anything real?

This is the #1 go-to claim when hater fan is trying to cast negative lights on rival fan base. “Y’all boo’d our critically injured players, all 90,000+!!” It’s bs, I’ve been to two games in Knoxville, players have been hurt, and there has never been widespread booing, the vast majority gave the polite applause/clap as player was removed.

Misd. Damage to property

I am fine with his return.

Why? Because he is presumed INNOCENT and entitled to due process!

I trust the coach and Administration to do the right thing.

This is the #1 go-to claim when hater fan is trying to cast negative lights on rival fan base. “Y’all boo’d our critically injured players, all 90,000+!!” It’s bs, I’ve been to two games in Knoxville, players have been hurt, and there has never been widespread booing, the vast majority gave the polite applause/clap as player was removed.
True, and well put!

Maybe Alontae will start playing better when Bryce gets back. I feel like he's trying to do to much and overthinking things right now.

Hopefully so. But he sure didn't overthink covering a 10 yard out route 80 yards from the end zone w 17 seconds left the other day. Daaaaang it!

Reactions: 508mikey

Let's hope he keeps his temper in check and makes something of himself. I will tell you being a former LEO and IMO that Mr. Thompson is showing a repeated pattern. While he wasn't convicted of a crime while in SC, he did consent to a "civil restraining order" against him. Now up here in TN he's exhibited the same behavior that got him that restraining order in SC. The fact there were three witnesses's saying he said he was going to "shoot up the school" and he wasn't charged with a terroristic threat is beyond me, and that's coming from an LEO that served in SC and TN. Below is a snippet from WATE here in TN https://www-wate-com.cdn.ampproject...yce-thompson-has-history-of-abusive-behavior/

“I received a text message from him stating that if I found another guy he would kill both me and that other guy,” the woman said in a court filing obtained by WATE 6 on Your Side.

“He has physically slapped me, choked me and thrown me around,” the woman wrote in the document. “I fear for my safety, and am constantly looking over my shoulder.”

The woman wrote in the documents she was harassed and stalked by Thompson after attempting to break up with him “multiple times.” In those instances, she says, Thompson threatened to kill himself.

Included in the documents, an October 2017 Columbia Police Department report where Thompson threatened to harm himself and was coming to the woman’s apartment.

He was never located by police, but documents show, it ended with police talking to his mother. She told law enforcement she would call law enforcement in the future if needed.

The consent restraining order was signed by both Thompson and the woman on April 10, 2018. Two weeks later, Thompson attended Tennessee’s Spring Game.

Sound familiar?? If, this guy does something really bad TN has opened itself up for a big lawsuit IMO.

VN Store

Back