Bryce Brown story

I lived in Wichita at the time. Watched the kid play. The stories about his dad were...really interesting.

You are sorry as hell to even think about doping a pre-pubescent child.

These were the days when it was not considered harmful if you didn't go overboard, it wasn't illegal, and many insiders as well as clean FCA type kids were taking them in college. My youngster had already entered puberty at the time and it crossed my mind as there were kids out there, lots of them using something readily available. Local doctors in some communities right there in Tennessee were some of the biggest proponents and joined with booster clubs paying for the "supplements"in jr high and high school locker rooms. I find it interesting you come after me personally for having it cross my mind and rejecting the idea when there are thousands of fathers and sons across this country that took them and now are hiding and living with the consequences of it, methinks you doth protest too much. If you ain't feedin', freakin', or financin' me dude I could give less than a rats axx your opinion of the matter.

Reactions: BloomuVol
Kiffin would have gotten us the death penalty. No scruples. BB, Nukese and Janzen alone raised everyone's eyebrows. 2 criminals and a guy who switched to us at the very last minute...or actually after the last minute. Glad he left. Woulda gotten uglier than it has been.

Reactions: JohnnyJava
Kiffin would have gotten us the death penalty. No scruples. BB, Nukese and Janzen alone raised everyone's eyebrows. 2 criminals and a guy who switched to us at the very last minute...or actually after the last minute. Glad he left. Woulda gotten uglier than it has been.

Don't disagree with you but if Kiffin was so bad, then why didn't he bite on getting Scam Newton to he our QB and not Brompton
Was $180,000 too much to pay????

I know what ur saying @ Jackson. But you do remember #14 was still roaming around that year.

He moved Berry to safety. I wanted Berry to break the NCAA interception return yardage record that was held by Terrell Buckley
At safety, their are few interceptions to be had

You spin me Bryce Brown baby, Bryce Brown, like a record baby, Bryce Brown Brown Brown

Lol I remember when all this was going on, our local sports radio show had "The Bryce Brown Countdown" where they would report on it daily. They would play Europe's The Final Countdown and sing over it.

"IT'S THE BRYCE BROWN COUNTDOWWWWWN!"

Reactions: SDV
Some of you are delusional.

He was good. Would have been our best back BY FAR while he was here.

Dumb Dools was too stupid to guarantee the starting role.
Dooley did not recruit O-lineman, and loved to throw the ball (Tyler Bray). The running game was just a way to keep teams off-balance, and not a part of the team's identity. If Kiffin had remained, barring hundreds of NCAA Violations, the run game would've been more the focus. and Bryce would've been the beneficiary. So, this is ALL KIFFIN's FAULT!!

He moved Berry to safety. I wanted Berry to break the NCAA interception return yardage record that was held by Terrell Buckley
At safety, their are few interceptions to be had

Berry was always at safety. The new defensive scheme seemed to give him fewer opportunities at interceptions.

Reactions: Steven5198
These were the days when it was not considered harmful if you didn't go overboard, it wasn't illegal, and many insiders as well as clean FCA type kids were taking them in college. My youngster had already entered puberty at the time and it crossed my mind as there were kids out there, lots of them using something readily available. Local doctors in some communities right there in Tennessee were some of the biggest proponents and joined with booster clubs paying for the "supplements"in jr high and high school locker rooms. I find it interesting you come after me personally for having it cross my mind and rejecting the idea when there are thousands of fathers and sons across this country that took them and now are hiding and living with the consequences of it, methinks you doth protest too much. If you ain't feedin', freakin', or financin' me dude I could give less than a rats axx your opinion of the matter.
You're still sorry as hell. The fact that you can't see that is the whole point. You know if all those parents were telling there kids to jump off Henley you would really have to give it some serious thought and should be applauded for not having your kid jump, lol. You know what you do if everybody is doping? Don't play sports! Maybe focus on school? Sorry ass. And you're fill of **** any damn way.

Reactions: I40flyer
You're still sorry as hell. The fact that you can't see that is the whole point. You know if all those parents were telling there kids to jump off Henley you would really have to give it some serious thought and should be applauded for not having your kid jump, lol. You know what you do if everybody is doping? Don't play sports! Maybe focus on school? Sorry ass. And you're fill of **** any damn way.

Maybe baseball was different back then but I played against some very good players on some pretty good teams who went on to play at the MLB level and I never once heard people openly talking about steroids or pushing them on players. 🤔 I don’t know about football though

I wouldn't judge. There was a day not long ago when we could smoke in the commons in highschool. One day people will gasp at the thought that we actually participated in organized events watching teenagers and college kids giving each other CTE , concussions, and compound fractures . Whether we are becoming a sissy society or just smarter is debatable.

There was a time when steroids weren't looked at as doping. It was boosting something we already had. We didn't always know that brake linings had materials in them that would lead to our deaths with prolonged exposure or lead based paint .

There was a time when steroids weren't looked at as doping. It was boosting something we already had. We didn't always know that brake linings had materials in them that would lead to our deaths with prolonged exposure or lead based paint .

I know exactly what you mean. Although I never heard of pre pubescent kids using it there was a time when steroids were not looked at like they are today. The big difference between the users and non users was financial. Could you afford it, and did you know somewhere to get it. If you had a gym in your town, chances were there were steroids. If not then probably not. Remember, we didn't have all the information known to man at our fingertips like we do now.

So do you actually have a cogent point or do you always ignore the context and make snap decisions one way or the other? You are pathetic, virtue signaling just to make yourself feel better. Instead of taking this opportunity to expand your knowledge base in a topic you are obviously ignorant about, you decide to get on your moral high horse and get all foghorn leghorn just because a grown man admitting to thinking about helping his child the same way many other parents did. We get it, feelings over content. Doesnt matter if you could learn about a different perspective, gotta virtue signal to make sure we know you are superior.🙄

For all the Lane Kiffin lovers here I do wonder how much he put the University at risk. I think Kiffin would be the type of guy to bend the rules to his liking. Plus, by bringing in the questionable characters like Bryce we ended up with a lot of unreliable players. Very few finished their careers at UT. I agree Kiffin has turned into a good offensive coordinator but we should never forget that he did not follow the rules. Remember, we had six NCAA violations in his very short tenure.
You act as though Tennessee's fate, had Kiffin stayed, would have been detrimental for the football program.

After looking at the last 10 seasons, I'm really not sure how our situation would have been much different if we would have been in bigger trouble with the NCAA... Are we on a bowl ban/probation right now or did we just miss a bowl games the last 2 seasons?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back