Bryce Brown story

It seems to me in recruiting Kiffin was selling what UT can do for you. He got a lot of players that seemed to think Kiffin made a deal with them for preferential treatment. When Kiffin bailed they did too. Had Kiffin and the players not left it could have been a very toxic environment.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
It seems to me in recruiting Kiffin was selling what UT can do for you. He got a lot of players that seemed to think Kiffin made a deal with them for preferential treatment. When Kiffin bailed they did too. Had Kiffin and the players not left it could have been a very toxic environment.
Yep Kiffin still had a lot of growing up to do. Played around thinking he was pretty and it was all about him. It seems many of his recruits took the same attitude. Seasoned coaches don’t let that happen. Toxic is the right word.

The only reason I can see for this thread is "if you don't know where you've been, then you don't know where you are going". I don't think that is the reason this thread was started. To me, this as in most cases like this, looking back is just an exercise in self inflected misery. We don't forget these mistakes, we just file them away in the back of our minds and pull them out when they are needed. Carry on VolNation!!

Some of you are delusional.

He was good. Would have been our best back BY FAR while he was here.

Dumb Dools was too stupid to guarantee the starting role.

Knowing what we know of "Dools", his background, thst is to say his family, education and just his personality. I don not think this guy had a chance in Dooley's world.

Reactions: tbh
Some of you are delusional.

He was good. Would have been our best back BY FAR while he was here.

Dumb Dools was too stupid to guarantee the starting role.

Who’s being delusional? What should a kid be promised anything other than the opportunity to compete for the starting job?

Reactions: KBVol
He wasn't a game changer but Kiffin play3d him and took snaps away from Taurent Poole & Rajion Neal
Kiffin made promises of immediate playing time for the superstar freshmen
I will admit though that Jantzen Jackson was the best db on the field, so he earned his playing time

I know what ur saying @ Jackson. But you do remember #14 was still roaming around that year.

Kid had a ton of talent...wasn't over-rated, he was under-developed (pretty much everywhere but physically).

Sad to say, but a 12-minute long video called The Bryce Brown Story...sounds about right.

He wasn't a game changer but Kiffin play3d him and took snaps away from Taurent Poole & Rajion Neal
I will admit though that Jantzen Jackson was the best db on the field, so he earned his playing time

Hardesty was our "every-down" back. Brown just spelled him from time to time. And he didn't play that bad either for a freshman. I think he deserved the time he got.

Yet Dads have some responsibility and will push their kids through this wringer to make sure their kid gets a scholarship somewhere. I saw the same sort of thing decades ago when steroids legally trickled down from the pros to the colleges then the high schools and finally jr high and little league fields. I actually thought about it for my son at one point as he was competing against kids that had steroid necks at 12 years of age. Guys walking around ball fields looking like Wally Cox who had sons looking like Dick Butkus at 12 with pimples. So happy now knowing all the side effects and eventually it being illegal, that I left it alone.
You are sorry as hell to even think about doping a pre-pubescent child.

What could have been with this guy.....

Reactions: mercuryvol
Wow let's start rumors

It's no rumor. Janzen really did kill his mom's boyfriend and he's now in prison. Sad story because he was a true freshman playing at an extremely high level. The night they robbed people at the Pilot on Cumberland was really an odd turning point for him.

A lot of people point to that class as proof of kiffin's worth as a head coach. I think bit that class has proven to be the worst recruiting class that we ever had in history.

VN Store

Back