Bruce pearl lost

Such a dumb thread. Both Barnes and Pearl are great coaches. What happened to Auburn last night is not too different from what just about every basketball team (including tennessee) has suffered before. Some people on this forum need to move on.

Reactions: overseasorange2
I saw the halftime score and knew that it wasn't going to stick. The next score I saw fairly early in the 2nd half was Auburn 45 Houston 41. Of course the lead vanished. Houston isn't a #1 seed for nothing.

I was pulling for Auburn. the chance of an all Sec F4 was there. Would have shut the mouths of the Big 12 media creeps that dissed the SEC all Season.

Reactions: Ratvol
When Barnes loses: “Pearl > Barnes”

When Pearl loses: “tHeY’rE bOtH gOoD cOaChEs!”
Guy is a helluva coach and I often wonder what we'd be like as a basketball program if the administration had stood behind him vs the NCAA, but he's not our guy anymore so I'm glad he lost.

Reactions: UTFanHades
Okay?? Why does this deserve a thread? Bruce went to the final four few years ago. Both coaches are good.

Wow, that was rude. I will help the OP out here.

Because he lost yesterday.
He used to coach here.
It's an SEC team.
It's a relevant team in the NCAA as a whole
We compete with them every year.
Because people still talk about Barnes vs. Pearl.

I don't think this post said anything about Pearl being a bad coach.

Pearl was unusually cocky going into halftime--did you see the interview? He smirked and said--twice-- "We're 20 minutes away"

I still like Pearl. Bet all the students who were at UT during his tenure also liked him. He has charisma. The NCAA had to exhort some authority because they let U Conn, UNC, Syracuse and others lie when evidence was known. Pearl just had the misfortune of having an administration that had no backbone.
I wish he’d come back after Barnes retires. Bet that gets some responses!!!!!!

I still like Pearl. Bet all the students who were at UT during his tenure also liked him. He has charisma. The NCAA had to exhort some authority because they let U Conn, UNC, Syracuse and others lie when evidence was known. Pearl just had the misfortune of having an administration that had no backbone.

Pearl lied to the administration. They would have had no backbone if they had covered for him afterwards.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Bruce will always be welcome in Knoxville

View attachment 541855
As a season ticket holder through it all, including O’Neil, Buzz, Houston, ect, when Bruce came it was a whole new game. Always exciting. His style was always such that it didn’t matter what happened in the first half. I would tell whoever I was with ”it doesn’t matter if we’re up 15 or down 15 at the half, at some point in the second half it will be tied”. That’s still mostly true.

He's only 5 years younger than Barnes, so no thanks.

Wow, that was rude. I will help the OP out here.

Because he lost yesterday.
He used to coach here.
It's an SEC team.
It's a relevant team in the NCAA as a whole
We compete with them every year.
Because people still talk about Barnes vs. Pearl.

I don't think this post said anything about Pearl being a bad coach.

Thanks man!

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Not sure if you've noticed, but VN (and humanity in general) isn't great about recency bias (especially when there is an emotional attachment to the person/entity/etc. that suffered some event. More points if it's a negative event suffered by an entity/person that is not in favor)

In four different timelines, you can pretty easily imagine what threads would have been made after the games if:
AU/UT both win
AU wins and UT loses
AU/UT both lose
AU loses and UT wins (this timeline)

(For the record, I agree with you. They're both good coaches and I think TN would be fine and have success with either)

It's really weird how UT fans treat one of the greatest coaches we have EVER had here. The guy absolutely loved this place and took us to heights that most have never experienced.
Then they become hell bent on despising the guy after he's gone due to his own frailty. It's one of the most bizarre and disturbing realities of the human condition. It's just flat odd.

Reactions: b-ball fan

VN Store

Back