Bruce Feldman and Tim Brando criticize the SEC's handling of LSU/Florida

LSU isn't going to be talking with Florida any longer on there own as that serves zero purpose. Whatever the F-tards called the SEC do is up to them.

LSU could pay vandy or kentucky to play an extra game at their house ...that would really make Florida look bad

Move UF-UGA game up one week, they both have open date.

Then UF and LSU play on LSU open date.

It's simple to do!

All teams must have an open date. What would that do to LSU for not having an pen date doing it this way?

It's a rule that all SEC school must have an open date at some point in the season. That would shoot down what you have came up with but good try.

I really do think they're going to get the game in but the numb heads should have played either last night or tonight. Tonight would have been perfect even though there is an NFL football game on tonight.

The game should have been planned either today or tomorrow. Why did they not try that route? :eek:hmy:

Last edited:
I've got to believe they will be forced to play this game. The commissioner just want it to look like FL an LSU wee big boys and worked out. If they don't play the confer nice looks like a joke and th commissioner will lose his job. Not to mention there is TV money at stake.

I think I figured this out.
The problem with moving UF-UGA up to 10/22 is that the Jaguars have a home game on 10/23. The Jaguars are out of town on 11/20. UGA plays ULL on 11/19, and ULL has no game on 10/29. So, buy out Presby and leave the LSU-S. Bama game alone. Move UF-UGA to 11/19, and move UF-LSU to 10/29. Done.

Move the Cocktail Party to 11/19 and buy out Presby. Move UGA-ULL and UF-LSU to 10/29. Jaguars are out of town the weekend of 11/19. Done.

Reactions: 1 person
LSU could pay vandy or kentucky to play an extra game at their house ...that would really make Florida look bad

I think that has been talked about, but to me LSU should just play their schedule as is. The SEC has a black eye from this.... the only question now is whether they end up with two of them.

Both teams awarded a forfiet unless replay agreement can be reached.

LSU more or less has a forfeit (as is, LSU is out of it), and I doubt the SEC is going to award a forfeit for a situation which they failed to mitigate and which they are now acting in bad faith.

Hearing that Florida has already contacted Missouri to cancel this Saturday's game.

Apparently, the weather forecast is calling for a heavy dew this week.

Reactions: 2 people
Move UF-UGA to 11/19, and move UF-LSU to 10/29. Done.

Why would LSU go to Florida?

This isn't complex, Florida acted in bad faith, and the SEC failed to mitigate, then the commissioner acted in bad faith by misrepresenting the facts on Saturday. What you are suggesting is LSU should reward bad actors. This is a legal issue at this time as LSU has contracts and the SEC/Florida are not acting in good faith.

I think 10/29 could work, but I'm not sure LSU shows up in Florida, I wouldn't, but obviously I have no input. What LSU could say, if you want to play, we'll be available in Tiger Stadium on 10/29, if not that is okay to.... good luck.

Vols 247 reported that Dave Hart talked to Sañkey and was told that by Tuesday an announcement would be made about schedule of Fl/La game.

If the Commissioner switch it to 11/19, LSU should just play their game with South Alabama (Senior Night) in Tiger Stadium and forfeit the Florida game. Then appeal the forfeit, and possibly take legal action as the SEC has failed to mitigate and acted in bad faith.

For it to even be considered, both Florida and LSU would need $3-6 million each anyway.

If the Commissioner switch it to 11/19, LSU should just play their game with South Alabama (Senior Night) in Tiger Stadium and forfeit the Florida game. Then appeal the forfeit, and possibly take legal action as the SEC has failed to mitigate and acted in bad faith.

For it to even be considered, both Florida and LSU would need $3-6 million each anyway.

You should sue UF. They had their chance. It should cost them.

Reactions: Weezer
I think it's becoming clear that UF is not the problem here.

Florida was the problem, the SEC failed to mitigate, now the SEC wishes to potentially reward the bad actor and possibly damage the party that operated in good faith.

I see no reason either ethical, morally or legally for LSU to cooperate further.

Reactions: 3 people

UF is 100% the problem. U built a campus is a hurricane area. With that in mind, gators should have hopped on a plane, played game at Baton Rogue, and be done with it. Exactly like Steve Spurrier did last year with USCjr.

The new SEC rule needs to say, when your stadium is unavailable, play the game at the road team.

Reactions: 3 people
You should sue UF. They had their chance. It should cost them.

I don't see how LSU could or would want to sue UF, although I think its easy to see that UF operated in bad faith. The SEC failed to mitigate, and then started operating in bad faith by misrepresenting facts. This isn't a Florida issue, due to the SEC's actions/lack of actions Florida has just as much of a issue as the SEC had the chance to mitigate the damages and/or the outcome.

Reactions: 1 person

How about both teams being the problem?

It very well could have been rescheduled on Sunday as UGA and USCe did. Or today. Neither team wanted to commit. Both are at fault along with the SEC.

Reactions: 2 people

It very well could have been rescheduled on Sunday as UGA and USCe did. Or today. Neither team wanted to commit. Both are at fault along with the SEC.

Exactly what could LSU do? LSU can't force a team to play.

I think you are speaking out of emotion. I can't think of one thing LSU could have done, there is no reason for LSU to cooperate going forward. If this happened to your school, you would be saying the same thing. How about the Vols figure out a date they want to play Florida again, this time in Florida? Winner take all.

Last edited:
Exactly what could LSU do? LSU can't force a team to play.

I think you are speaking out of emotion. I can't think of one thing LSU could have done, there is no reason for LSU to cooperate going forward. If this happened to your school, you would be saying the same thing. How about the Vols figure out a date they want to play Florida again, this time in Florida? Winner take all.

While you are now just stirring the pot on our board with all of your damn LSU should just forfeit tripe trying to make us worry.

If you believe your team should forfeit for ANY reason at this point you are as chicken **** as the UF athletic dept. The only message LDU should have right now is "any place any time".

LSU offered Saturday, Sunday, and Monday... at either Gainesville or Baton Rouge, with or without a crowd, and LSU was open to neutral location as well.

:eek:lol::eek:lol:

While you are now just stirring the pot on our board with all of your damn LSU should just forfeit tripe trying to make us worry.

If you believe your team should forfeit for ANY reason at this point you are as chicken **** as the UF athletic depot. The only message LDU should have right now is "any place any time".

No you are a cry baby because Florida schooled the SEC East. Let the Vols play them... oh you don't like that... Vols must be scared.

LSU should not cooperate with bad actors, if you want to be included in one of the bad actors nothing I can do to stop you.

Would be interesting to hear each team's take if the hurricane had hit the gulf coast near Louisiana instead of the Atlantic coast near Florida.

I'm willing to bet we'd have opposite stances from either side.

No you are a cry baby because Florida schooled the SEC East. Let the Vols play them... oh you don't like that... Vols must be scared.

LSU should not cooperate with bad actors, if you want to be included in one of the bad actors nothing I can do to stop you.

LSU must cooperate with bad actors if the SEC says they have to and you damn well know it.

How about LSU play the Vols. Winner gets to stay in the SEC. "Any place any time".

THAT is the kind of attitude you should have you spineless <deleted>

VN Store

Back