Bruce Feldman and Tim Brando criticize the SEC's handling of LSU/Florida

Why not sack up and go play the dang game in Baton Rouge? I remember back in the day I wanted to play anybody anywhere. Just play the game because that is what you do.

Of course, we are Volunteers. We step up when others won't. We go when others refuse. We answer the call.

Sorry for the soapbox rant, but dang y'all Gators look like a bunch of sissies. Your coach should be ashamed at what he is instilling in those young men.

Bow up and play the game.

Reactions: 1 person
All of Floridas DL, some of their OL and Del Rio was going to be out again this weekend. This is why Florida drug there feet.

I tell you how bad they look, lawgator and 99gator hasn't showed their face here since this game was announced as cancelled. Any true football fan like they are this would embarrass.

Dude, I really don't give a damn. I don't.

I want to play the game. No one is scared to play the damn game. It's the only home game on Florida's schedule worth a crap.

It was supposed to be a big recruiting weekend, folks. A lot of people who were going to be there went ahead and traveled to see Miami-FSU.

Everyone wants to look at this from one lens and it's a dumb ass lens they are looking through.

People want to pretend that this is being done, by Florida, so that Florida can avoid the game and find a way to go to the SEC title game. Florida is scared.

And a lot of this comes from the same damn LSU people who year after year have ******* about Florida being its permanent cross division rival.

Florida is not a championship football team. Neither is LSU. These are two teams that aren't done losing the rest of the season.

Sometimes **** happens. No one is happy about it. You do the best you can.

To pretend like personnel at Florida saw this hurricane and plotted a strategy to take advantage of this situation to propel this sorry *** team to make an SEC championship game where they could get beat like a drum is ludicrous.

They're afraid to lose.....as if that's the actual reason any of this **** happened.

Reactions: 2 people
Makes your coach look like a sissy. Think about how strong it would have looked to go to Baton Rouge. Own it. Step up and play.

Instead you look like a pu$$.

Reactions: 5 people
Nobody is faulting the effort to keep people safe, but it is clear the Florida didn't want to play. Everyone knows it, I said it mid week. I'm not whining, but Florida was not operating in good faith. Ultimately though the SEC failed, it clear to LSU fans that the SEC is crap. No hurricane models stopped UF from operating in good faith. The names being thrown it's way are probably somewhat justified, I hope it was worth it because the might stick for a long time.

F the SEC

You guys are being ridiculous. At the time they had to make a decision, the models had the eye coming on shore in Melbourne, exiting in Jax as a cat 4. Had those models held true, you'd have had 100 mph + winds in Gainesville for at least a few hours. Plus, you'd have been dealing with massive traffic and accommodations problems, not to mention power issues and law enforcement and security problems.

As lucky as we were, there were 600,000 homes without power in central Florida, as of this morning. The decision to cancel the game was correct. And it's not even close.

I'm sure something will get worked out. But in the meantime you look incredibly immature whining about the absolutely right thing to have done.

Reactions: 3 people
Guys, there was a good reason to cancel the game. The players ran a high risk of getting sun burned if they had played in Gainesville today.

Reactions: 10 people
You guys are being ridiculous. At the time they had to make a decision, the models had the eye coming on shore in Melbourne, exiting in Jax as a cat 4. Had those models held true, you'd have had 100 mph + winds in Gainesville for at least a few hours. Plus, you'd have been dealing with massive traffic and accommodations problems, not to mention power issues and law enforcement and security problems.

As lucky as we were, there were 600,000 homes without power in central Florida, as of this morning. The decision to cancel the game was correct. And it's not even close.

I'm sure something will get worked out. But in the meantime you look incredibly immature whining about the absolutely right thing to have done.

Safety and cancelling the game is not the issue. The fact you do not have a rescheduled date like today, or tomorrow, or any date for that matter is the issue. Like every other team that was impacted by this storm.

After Sankey's words yesterday during our game and until that rescheduled date is set, the "whining" has growing credibility each and every day.

Reactions: 2 people
Or let them continue to bicker and not play the game and then both would be ineligible for the SEC championship.

Reactions: 9 people
It looks from website Everbank field is open on 22nd. They have Jaguar game on 23rd but I am sure SEC office can afford cleanup crew!

Could LSU and UF not play their non Conference games a week after the SEC title game? I know it Is highly unusual, but this is a highly unusual situation.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back