Brooks conditionally released from LOI (Update: Unconditional Release)

The original condition was that he could not transfer to another SEC school. Rodney Garner informed Brooks after the condition was made that he was free to transfer anywhere he wanted. Apparently, there was a lot of heat on the condition and UT changed their mind.

The original condition was that he could not transfer to another SEC school. Rodney Garner informed Brooks after the condition was made that he was free to transfer anywhere he wanted. Apparently, there was a lot of heat on the condition and UT changed their mind.
Tennessee doesn't need any potential malcontent players.

The situation sucks for all involved. Brooks felt he was coming to a school that had coaches he believed in. I'm sure Brooks felt the Pruitt staff was his ticket to the NFL. Tennessee spent a lot of time, energy and (knowing Pruitt) probably a lot of money on the recruit. In the end, you have to look to those with great success and see how they approach similar issues. As pointed out in the article, the restrictions placed on Brooks are par for the course with SEC transfers, namely Saban's. The kids being recruited need to understand coaching changes are real and they affect many schools on an annual basis. It would be wise of players to be conscious of this when accepting an offer.

wellbye-gif.352831

I get it, guy took the job, management changed before he landed, he should have the option of changing his mind if he feels the new culture is not right for him.

That said, I would rather have a guy that commits to the place rather than just the coaching staff. Also, if you 'force' a guy to stay do ever really get everything out him that you should.

Recruiting class has dropped to 19th on 247. What a difference a few months can make, remember when we had the #1 class in the nation.
No? I remember that tOSU had a legendary class in the making and Clemson surging before Bama up and ran with it. We were #2 early iirc.

Reactions: PNW Huskie
Why don't kids commit to coaches then? Stop saying committed to UT (or whoever) and start announcing on social media they committed to a coach.

VN Store

Back