Brian Williams Tweets

Anyway, I had one run in with the whole Bball team in 2008, after the Florida game. My buddies and I said some encouraging stuff to them about looking forward to the season and "Bruce Ball" and they simply replied back some real disrespectful comments to the females in our group that I won't mention here... I loved winning, but those guys really were scumbags that, as far as I know, can't come close to the type of character the players have on Coach Barnes team.

No one on earth cares about pot any more. It's not like half the team didn't get suspended a few years later. Heck, even King got arrested for stealing televisions here. You take a bunch of guys from the inner cites around the country, things like that happen. It happens on the football team and other teams and it happens at every university with major sporting programs.

I have some real stories. I used to club with the guys on the team back then. My friend's dad owned the club everyone went to. They were there in our section just about every weekend.

Brian Williams put a status on his Facebook yesterday of why he committed to Tennessee:

ā€œDuke Crews was my host and he got me extremely drunk and got me 2 fat White girls next morning I woke up I was a VFL.... GOVOLSā€

Reactions: SweetDaddy
Brian Williams had talent but apparently his brain isnā€™t all the way there.

Perfect timing BW

Thamks for reminding us why we really are Much better off these days under Barnes than we were then under Pearl
Oh yes, I really enjoyed being out of the tournament and watching Auburn (a team that usually goes to the tournament once every 15 years) go to the final four. We are just so much better off. SMH

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Oh yes, I really enjoyed being out of the tournament and watching Auburn (a team that usually goes to the tournament once every 15 years) go to the final four. We are just so much better off. SMH
I'm sure you realize that he was speaking in terms of the character of the players being recruited and yes, there is a noticeable difference between now and 10 years ago... How many players were dismissed under Pearl (at least 3 that I can think of - Ramar Smith, Tyler Smith, Duke Crews and Williams really should have been at the end)? That hasn't been a problem under Barnes and is not likely to become one in the future either. Read about why Josiah James found Tennessee alluring. And we won't talk about potential problems with the NCAA either...

Heres what I remember about B Williams. Every foul call he would yell f u k with that deep voice vibrating off the Tommy Bowl walls. :)

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Heres what I remember about B Williams. Every foul call he would yell f u k with that deep voice vibrating off the Tommy Bowl walls. :)
It has been 8 years now but if I remember correctly, he tested positive for marijuana near the end of the 2011 season but Pearl misled the press and said that Williams had a back injury and was missing time because of it (he was actually serving a suspension). This came down when Pearl's seat was already boiling. I remember Williams being a big kid who lost a lot of weight but was still a big kid... very raw but became a better player than anyone thought he would be.

BW was a nice passer in the paint. He'd use the bounce pass really well 10 feet out. I've seen Walker, Jr. drop some of those off as well.

Twitter is the devil (as is all social media) and weed should be legal everywhere. But, c'mon man, slangin' in front of the library? At least act like you have some sense.

Reactions: The Dog
It has been 8 years now but if I remember correctly, he tested positive for marijuana near the end of the 2011 season but Pearl misled the press and said that Williams had a back injury and was missing time because of it (he was actually serving a suspension). This came down when Pearl's seat was already boiling. I remember Williams being a big kid who lost a lot of weight but was still a big kid... very raw but became a better player than anyone thought he would be.

What? Bruce misled someone? When?

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Lol. Def not appropriate for VN. I also have a gay cousin who dated one of the former men's players. I know personal details of someone being paid to commit to Jerry Green. I never tell dude's business though.

When I was younger I knew a ton of the players. I'll just say many blunts were blazed and bottles were popped. They were local celebrities and definitely acted the part.

Lol. Def not appropriate for VN. I also have a gay cousin who dated one of the former men's players. I know personal details of someone being paid to commit to Jerry Green. I never tell dude's business though.

When I was younger I knew a ton of the players. I'll just say many blunts were blazed and bottles were popped. They were local celebrities and definitely acted the part.
Are you serious right now?! You canā€™t drop nuggets like this and then just be all, peace out! Go on...
GBO!!

Reactions: UTSuaveā€™
I'm sure you realize that he was speaking in terms of the character of the players being recruited and yes, there is a noticeable difference between now and 10 years ago... How many players were dismissed under Pearl (at least 3 that I can think of - Ramar Smith, Tyler Smith, Duke Crews and Williams really should have been at the end)? That hasn't been a problem under Barnes and is not likely to become one in the future either. Read about why Josiah James found Tennessee alluring. And we won't talk about potential problems with the NCAA either...
I'm not so sure.

VN Store

Back