Brian Maurer is going to be a special player

heck, I just want him to stay healthy, read defenses better, work on his throwing technique, and have a good life...that's all...no pressure...:D

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT BAMA!

Slow your roll nostradumbass. The kid hasn’t done anything yet but throw pics. I love his energy and he’s young enough to not understand he should be scared but other than that we have seen nothing yet.

Yep, OP needs to understand optimism will not be tolerated on this site.

Reactions: Volfansince1980
What have you been smoking? Shuler better than Peyton during college. Shuler was dumb as dirt. Could not read a play book to save his life. Great athlete yes but dumb as dirt. It's why he bombed in the NFL.

Ditto for Vince Young, Cam Newton and Cardale Jones. Brains are what makes you a good NFL QB. It's not so essential in college

Better than Peyton ? I believe you need to check the stats and team w/l for both.

Did you check the stats? Both had a 147 passer rating. Wash. Heath Schuler ran for all kinds of yards and 14 TDs. Peyton's rushing stats show negative career rushing stats. Got that? He was over 100 yards negative for his career. That doesn't work for today's college game. Were you even around when Shuler played? I watched him.

Advantage Shuler

When on Vol boards I would use a Vol avatar, especially if my kid went there
When on Gator boards I would use a Gator avatar, especially if my kid went there
or if I wanted to brag about graduating from both schools,
I would use your choice
It's not ban worthy, welcome
I'm not going to lose any sleep over what others think. I've been an active reader of this and several other boards for near 25 years. I've never had much interest in posting as someone else is always quick to post a reply consistent with my thoughts. I'll never pump sunshine. I prefer to disclose my bend so anyone reading my posts understands my 30,000 foot perspective.

Slow your roll nostradumbass. The kid hasn’t done anything yet but throw pics. I love his energy and he’s young enough to not understand he should be scared but other than that we have seen nothing yet.
I have my own opinion. Just like you have yours.While BM has thrown a few pics and hasn't finished a game yet his upside is very high.

I have my own opinion. Just like you have yours.While BM has thrown a few pics and hasn't finished a game yet his upside is very high.
Elvis. We do not know what BM 's upside is right now. He hasn't played enough. It would not be fair to this kid. He has thrown lots of pics and made alot of bad decisions which is exactly what you would expect of an average freshman QB.

Reactions: tn4elvis
Elvis. We do not know what BM 's upside is right now. He hasn't played enough. It would not be fair to this kid. He has thrown lots of pics and made alot of bad decisions which is exactly what you would expect of an average freshman QB.
Like I said it's only my opinion. Nothing more nothing less. Every one has one.😁

THey asked Pruitt about him sliding more, and Pruitt was kinda like I don’t know we’ll see.

I think that is just part of his game that may or may not needs to be limited.
Josh Dobbs never slid, and he had some pretty scary hits too. We were lucky he did not get hurt.

He turned the ball over a lot in high school as well.

He will leave this university as a fan favorite and help lead us back to respectability and competing for championships.The kid is mobile and has a very quick release.I also think he has that it factor as a leader.The two ints he threw yesterday were him trying to do to much. He will learn to throw those away in time.One thing I was wanting to see yesterday was how he responded after the big hit against him last game. He showed me all I need to see.He was fearless and throwing his body around with no regard.The mark of a great qb is to make those around him play harder and better.I think this kid will do just that.
Maurer I think will be a very good qb, with a little more time to mature, he has a quick release and fast thinking, the interception in the corner he missed a receiver open on the five yard line, but I think he will learn from this weekend like how to slide and not go head first and take those hard hits.

BM has the potential to be very good IF he improves his decision making. None of the Big 3 (UF, FSU, Miami) recruited him because of his poor decision making. UT fans are excited about him because he went out and threw (no pun intended) caution to wind. His stats however show a risk taker.

He looked horrible yesterday. I am not sure he is the answer and it seems people are anointing a qb that completes less than 58% of his passes and tosses ill advised interceptions. In two games, he has racked up 4 ints including 2 that cost us points on the board.
After the last decade, you'd think a UT fan could recognize "horrible.''. Maurer ain't that. He's a freshman making freshman mistakes.

He threw for 259 yds against UGA in his first game as a starter. Not to mention leading his receivers and the spark he adds to the team. Sure hes going to throw picks but that is to be expected and we are still better off

Did you check the stats? Both had a 147 passer rating. Wash. Heath Schuler ran for all kinds of yards and 14 TDs. Peyton's rushing stats show negative career rushing stats. Got that? He was over 100 yards negative for his career. That doesn't work for today's college game. Were you even around when Shuler played? I watched him.

Advantage Shuler
Yeah I watched him. Shuler was a good College Qb. Manning was beyond good. Why don’t you start a poll and see what the results are?

Just think about it. We are witnessing the making of a great UT quarterback from the beginning. His first start surpassed Manning's in production.
Manning was playing a highly ranked UCLA team in California quit with the BM is Jesus Christ stuff

Reactions: Thorp32
Yeah I watched him. Shuler was a good College Qb. Manning was beyond good. Why don’t you start a poll and see what the results are?

'Cause this isn't an election for class President of the student council. It's my opinion that Heath was a better college QB and I showed it with stats

VN Store

Back