Brian Jean-Mary Hired As LB Coach

Yes, the media can make all the jokes about UT they want but we changed the mentality in the football building and traded up. Until we see the results on the field Donde and White get an A+ on paper. This would have never happened with Fulmer in the house.
Media has hated us since they had us ranked 6th at the start of the year and didnt finish in the top 25🙄. But that was on them! I knew it was CRAZY!! We lost 95% to the draft or graduation, No starters returning! I'm like "I love Tennessee! But no way in Hell! We should be ranked like this! We dont even know what we have? Gator fans were telling Wow! Gonna have a great team! I said How? Do they know! None of these guys have started!! And I swear the hate for the Vols started then.

Reactions: volunteer69
Yes, I was struck by both those quirks, as well. I'm guessing his family came to the US via Canada, and somehow a first name became a last name there, as well as the spelling becoming Americanized (ie to y). Strange things can happen when you drag names through ports of embarkation and customs offices. :)
My mom was French Canadian ( all relatives with one eyebrow), but if he’s from Apopka is he of Haitian descent? May explain the way his name is spelled, since creole is stepchild french.
Edit: sorry didn’t read far enough down.

I no worries bud, keep covering your ass with more BS and pics if that makes feel good.
My quote was based off of Talladega Nights and Ricky Bobby.
“Ricky Bobby? He’s got two first names.” and
“He's the good ol' boy with two first names, a nasty temper and the inability to count past No. 1.”

My mom was French Canadian ( all relatives with one eyebrow), but if he’s from Apopka is he of Haitian descent? May explain the way his name is spelled, since creole is stepchild french.
Edit: sorry didn’t read far enough down.
Oh, that's a great point. He could be Creole. Or Cajun. Haitian or Louisiana roots. And you're right, Creole and Cajun languages and cultures can also do funny things with names. That's great insight, BoB, thanks!

This is VolNation. We are gonna totally botch that French last name. I mean, we're gonna splatter it over the wall, rub our hair in it, and run around the house shaking it onto all the furniture.

Ain't no way even 5% of us are going to be pronouncing it right in our heads. I even speak French, and I can't think of a way to explain how it's supposed to sound to those who don't. I mean, "Okay, the 'jean' is not like blue jeans, it's more like a sound halfway between John and Sean...like a 'zh' sound followed by "on," but just barely pronounce the 'n' like an afterhthought. What? Hell, I don't know how to tell you what 'zh' sounds like, it sounds like 'zh.' Just half way between tho...oh, never mind."

So we will fat dumb and happily go on saying it just the way it looks!! It is our cornbread upbringing!! We just can't help it. However if he is good enough to hang around a while. He will get use to it!!!

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Ha! Madisonville reminded me, above, we DO know how it sounds. Everyone knows Jean-Claude van Damme, how to say the first part of his name. So we cracked that code!

So Jean (just like Jean Claude v.D.), and then Mary which is pronounced the way we say Marie. Jean-Mary == Jean (c.v.D.) - Marie. Voila!

Just to complicated.. Guess I'll just say it like it is. Or just call him Coach BM

This is VolNation. We are gonna totally botch that French last name. I mean, we're gonna splatter it over the wall, rub our hair in it, and run around the house shaking it onto all the furniture.

Ain't no way even 5% of us are going to be pronouncing it right in our heads. I even speak French, and I can't think of a way to explain how it's supposed to sound to those who don't. I mean, "Okay, the 'jean' is not like blue jeans, it's more like a sound halfway between John and Sean...like a 'zh' sound followed by "on," but just barely pronounce the 'n' like an afterhthought. What? Hell, I don't know how to tell you what 'zh' sounds like, it sounds like 'zh.' Just half way between tho...oh, never mind."
LOL!

Thanks for having my back Dog. You my type of people. 🤘
You’re welcome.
It bothered him, he said his piece, some head butting and we should all just shake hands and move on. No sense holding grudges. I’m sure we will all laugh at this in the future.
I hope we are all good now.

BTW-why DO you hate women?😜

Reactions: RoanokeVol
He recruited the heck out of the state of Tennessee. I imagine he is Haitian, so is Jr Colson . Michigan is in on top talent in Tennessee...ie : see Walter Nolan
App state grad...seems to be a great pick up

Reactions: KptVFL
You’re welcome.
It bothered him, he said his piece, some head butting and we should all just shake hands and move on. No sense holding grudges. I’m sure we will all laugh at this in the future.
I hope we are all good now.

BTW-why DO you hate women?😜
I LOVE women. My girlfriend would tell you I love them a bit too much for her liking. 🤣🤣🤣 I’m very loyal to her though.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
So we will fat dumb and happily go on saying it just the way it looks!! It is our cornbread upbringing!! We just can't help it. However if he is good enough to hang around a while. He will get use to it!!!

Why don't we ALL just wait till the HC or he pronounces his name and go from there..... no points for creativity in applying names.

VN Store

Back