Brian Jean-Mary Hired As LB Coach

I’m not familiar with him. Looks like he spent several seasons working with Charlie Strong, and several good programs. He should have some good contacts from recruiting in different areas I would think. Hopefully he can develop whoever we wind up with at LB this season. If he’s in fact been hired, welcome aboard!

This is VolNation. We are gonna totally botch that French last name. I mean, we're gonna splatter it over the wall, rub our hair in it, and run around the house shaking it onto all the furniture.

Ain't no way even 5% of us are going to be pronouncing it right in our heads. I even speak French, and I can't think of a way to explain how it's supposed to sound to those who don't. I mean, "Okay, the 'jean' is not like blue jeans, it's more like a sound halfway between John and Sean...like a 'zh' sound followed by "on," but just barely pronounce the 'n' like an afterhthought. What? Hell, I don't know how to tell you what 'zh' sounds like, it sounds like 'zh.' Just half way between tho...oh, never mind."

Bienvenue Coach!

giphy.gif

This is VolNation. We are gonna totally botch that French last name. I mean, we're gonna splatter it over the wall, rub our hair in it, and run around the house shaking it onto all the furniture.

Ain't no way even 5% of us are going to be pronouncing it right in our heads. I even speak French, and I can't think of a way to explain how it's supposed to sound to those who don't. I mean, "Okay, the 'jean' is not like blue jeans, it's more like a sound halfway between John and Sean...like a 'zh' sound followed by "on," but just barely pronounce the 'n' like an afterhthought. What? Hell, I don't know how to tell you what 'zh' sounds like, it sounds like 'zh.' Just half way between tho...oh, never mind."
Zhjyonn

Zzzhawwn Murry? 🤷‍♂️ I only speak hickanese.. 😂

You got me with that one, I laughed my a$$ off. Fantastic!

Ha! Madisonville reminded me, above, we DO know how it sounds. Everyone knows Jean-Claude van Damme, how to say the first part of his name. So we cracked that code!

So Jean (just like Jean Claude v.D.), and then Mary which is pronounced the way we say Marie. Jean-Mary == Jean (c.v.D.) - Marie. Voila!

Kesling should do well with his name.

VN Store

Back