Breakdown tn vs kentucky (merged)

haha, didnt check out mm's stats on that page huh? More than I've ever wrote.

Hell, I'm all for stats. The most definitely have their place. The issue you have it that you know nothing BUT stats.... which we've all told you over and over, yet you still seem to want to act like we all think stats are like fairy dust.... I suppose I'd try to make the same dumb argument if I were in your shoes to distract attention.

mm

I don't think any of the giants of Statistical Process Control, even Demming himself, would argue for stats as hard as you. So I'm going with the Pomeroy disciple.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You'd be an idiot to not argue for the usefulness of stats in a sports environment, I think even this mm person could tell you that.

Just don't take it too far, or rely on only that, then you're just as dumb as the guy who complains about people who care about stats at all.

Hell, I'm all for stats. The most definitely have their place. The issue you have it that you know nothing BUT stats.... which we've all told you over and over, yet you still seem to want to act like we all think stats are like fairy dust.... I suppose I'd try to make the same dumb argument if I were in your shoes to distract attention.

mm

I just dont see where you're getting that I ONLY like stats, when I've said like 800 times that i think both are valuable, and equally so.

I'd say "hey show me where I said that?" but you wouldn't and just instead reply dumbly and churlishly. So no point in that haha.

You are constructing a straw man arguement, just like you did several pages ago and have been doing so ever since. you act like there's some big war between stats and game-viewing, and then you say "hey stats are cool, dont get me wrong", well which the ef is it? haha

If the latter: so? that's what's been said here the whole time. Who on earth do you think is disagreeing with you about that?

Still waiting on any significant insight by the by...will still be waiting forever, I imagine.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall as you tell a college coach that Louisville won't force his team into any more TO's than normal.....

haha.... that would be priceless.

mm

That doesn't make any sense nor is relevant at all to what's been said in this thread.

but hey i can do that too:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall as you tell a college coach that Kentucky can just get a little bit of help from the wings and, hey coach!, we're showing signs of improvement, and oh also it's just our fault, we can do this!"

haha..that would be priceless.

We are now fully entrenched in our stances, we get it, it's over.

We can do more petty namecalling and silly jabs if you want though, but this is just boring for me mostly now.

I just dont see where you're getting that I ONLY like stats, when I've said like 800 times that i think both are valuable, and equally so.

I'd say "hey show me where I said that?" but you wouldn't and just instead reply dumbly and churlishly. So no point in that haha.

You are constructing a straw man arguement, just like you did several pages ago and have been doing so ever since. you act like there's some big war between stats and game-viewing, and then you say "hey stats are cool, dont get me wrong", well which the ef is it? haha

If the latter: so? that's what's been said here the whole time. Who on earth do you think is disagreeing with you about that?

Still waiting on any significant insight by the by...will still be waiting forever, I imagine.

Your remarks on this site have shown conclusively that you don't know anything about WATCHING basketball and are more of a mathematician than a basketball person, which is why even UT fans make fun of your insight.

There is no war between stats and actual bball knowledge.... it's just that you only have stats, which is why we poke and laugh at you.

You don't have the comprehension to understand any insight, so don't wait around expecting to see any.

You have been soundly whipped....wander along little man.

mm

That doesn't make any sense nor is relevant at all to what's been said in this thread.

but hey i can do that too:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall as you tell a college coach that Kentucky can just get a little bit of help from the wings and, hey coach!, we're showing signs of improvement, and oh also it's just our fault, we can do this!"

haha..that would be priceless.

We are now fully entrenched in our stances, we get it, it's over.

We can do more petty namecalling and silly jabs if you want though, but this is just boring for me mostly now.

First, I've already told NUMEROUS coaches, including your own, that UK is no more prone to TO's than a middle ranked team..... but if you wait long enough, they will hand you the ball on a platter.....and those coaches agree with me, cause I'm right.

As for the continuing of this thread, you are the tool who quoted yourself as if you discovered the cure to cancer in order to start this all up again.....

run along.

mm

Your remarks on this site have shown conclusively that you don't know anything about WATCHING basketball and are more of a mathematician than a basketball person, which is why even UT fans make fun of your insight.

There is no war between stats and actual bball knowledge.... it's just that you only have stats, which is why we poke and laugh at you.

You don't have the comprehension to understand any insight, so don't wait around expecting to see any.

You have been soundly whipped....wander along little man.

mm

"hahahahah" , good one "junior", it was a thread-line about stats you "goofball", "stop sucking so hard"...."lol"

You offered zilch on 3 different games, "little boy", and I showed how even simple stats could provide more than "no idea"("lol") and on all 3(heck actually: 4, the UT game) counts i was right.

You simply waged a goofy and fratboyish dirtthrowing at me with nothing but "osh-kosh" one-liners and enough emoticons to make AIM blush.

You simply have no good insight, that's why none of it is here on display.

I'd challenge you to match me on my 3 consecutive predictions(which were easy and available!), but I know you won't and just instead cite something irrelevant and hoi polloi-y.

I'm done with you "small fry", "run along"

*=all scare quotes registered to mm inc.

"hahahahah" , good one "junior", it was a thread-line about stats you "goofball", "stop sucking so hard"...."lol"

You offered zilch on 3 different games, "little boy", and I showed how even simple stats could provide more than "no idea"("lol") and on all 3(heck actually: 4, the UT game) counts i was right.

You simply waged a goofy and fratboyish dirtthrowing at me with nothing but "osh-kosh" one-liners and enough emoticons to make AIM blush.

You simply have no good insight, that's why none of it is here on display.

I'd challenge you to match me on my 3 consecutive predictions(which were easy and available!), but I know you won't and just instead cite something irrelevant and hoi polloi-y.

I'm done with you "small fry", "run along"

*=all scare quotes registered to mm inc.

Sure, I'll play your prediction game (as if that has anything to do with basketball knowledge).

Call into my radio show wed at 3pm on ESPN radio in Nashville and we'll do our picks live on the air. We'll also have some time to discuss hoops and you can show everyone how much you know.....

see ya wed.

mm

Sure, I'll play your prediction game (as if that has anything to do with basketball knowledge).

Call into my radio show wed at 3pm on ESPN radio in Nashville and we'll do our picks live on the air. We'll also have some time to discuss hoops and you can show everyone how much you know.....

see ya wed.

mm

It's like you can't even read.

That explains a lot though. But yes: this topic was addressed thoroughly in earlier pages.

Match my 3 consecutive predictions, which were so easily derived from numbers, it's so simple.

see ya when ya can equal that simple feat.

It's like you can't even read.

That explains a lot though. But yes: this topic was addressed thoroughly in earlier pages.

Match my 3 consecutive predictions, which were so easily derived from numbers, it's so simple.

see ya when ya can equal that simple feat.

Pretty sure I just told you I would. Call us on Wed at 3 and we'll do it on air. Can't wait.

And I'm REALLY impressed you can predict the outcome of games played by teams you've never seen.....amazing basketball knowledge you got there.

mm

Pretty sure I just told you I would. Call us on Wed at 3 and we'll do it on air. Can't wait.

And I'm REALLY impressed you can predict the outcome of games played by teams you've never seen.....amazing basketball knowledge you got there.

mm

again, sigh(you just don't get it do you): it would take a complete moron to do such a thing. You have an agenda, which tone alone makes clear. It's called jury-rigging, and all it does is further entrench viewpoints. This is groupthink 101 here, not hard stuff. To entertain people with gruff hoo-aaahs it would work, but I have no vested interest in providing entertainment.

And yes, my point was that stats(even sometimes alone, though not advisably so) can tell you more than "got no idea". They did.

cant wait for your 3 predictions posted here like mine were, with none of that surrounding hokum to distract from the simple prediction itself.

now dont bother replying until you do that. (which means of course that you'll be unable to resist, I know, that's groupthink 201)

VN Store

Back