Braves potentially targeting Gilbert or Beck

So far, the move to get Olson has looked pretty good. We’ll see how Pache pans out but he’s struggling as of now. Both arms have looked rocky in the Athletics farm system.
We’ll have to see how the 35th pick works out for them, but I think they have done a great job drafting and with their farm system over the last several years, imo.

Atlanta almost always goes pitcher in the first round. Shea Langeliers being the lone exception over the last 5 years, or so.

Kiley McDaniel mocked Reggie Crawford to Atlanta in the 2nd round in his latest projection, yesterday.

Reactions: butchna
Would be great to have a VOL on the Braves, but they are loaded in the OF. I'd be surprised if the First-round pick wasn't a Pitcher. Maybe that's what the 35th pick if for? Big bats always a need.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Atlanta historically has been a pitching first org.

They drafted Randy "Big Unit" Johnson out of high school but he went to college at Southern California before being drafted by Montreal.

They actually had Tom Seaver at one time before the commisioner voided that contract.

Niekro and Seaver would have been the 70's version of Spahn and Sain.

Wish Beck would’ve went to STL! Was mad hoping my cards could grab one of our boys

Atlanta almost always goes pitcher in the first round. Shea Langeliers being the lone exception over the last 5 years, or so.

Kiley McDaniel mocked Reggie Crawford to Atlanta in the 2nd round in his latest projection, yesterday.
You called it! Cept they kept on picking RHP’s. I think AA is going for the record. 😳

As a rabid Astros fan, can't wait to see Gilbert in the Stros lineup! He's like a combination of Lenny Dykstra and George Springer--a player that energizes the entire lineup with his passion for the game and the way he plays.

VN Store

Back