Brandon Miller

Cade Mayes, Tee son were legacies where did they go? You got to do everything you can to keep talents like that in state. Tennessee let’s so many mid state guys go to other programs it’s ridiculous.
I wonder how many of these kids are really "mid-state" by birth or just some of the many carpetbagger/ transplant types that have started to take over the mid-state. They have no allegiance or much of anything else that UT or any other Tennessee university has to offer.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Cade Mayes, Tee son were legacies where did they go? You got to do everything you can to keep talents like that in state. Tennessee let’s so many mid state guys go to other programs it’s ridiculous.
Except Bama has a stable program and a really, really good coach. Oats is a rising star. The situations couldn’t be more different. Same as when Peyton came here.

If Bill Walton bothered to do 30 seconds of research between bong hits he would’ve known that. Ridiculous that he was attacking Barnes for “letting him get away”

Barnes tried all he could. But Miller was dead set on Bama the whole time.
I hate to hear him announce he is horrible.

I have not seen Miller play but it sounds like he has easily adjusted to the college game and looks like an SEC freshman of the year candidate already.

I just wonder why his high school team couldn't take the championship last season.

He was Bama bound. Yeah, he lived in Tennessee in HS but that means nothing. Hard to get kids that are legacy recruits from other programs.

Can't get everyone

How would you have convinced Miller to come to Tennessee? What should the staff have done differently?

He doesn’t understand the obvious things. He doesn’t understand that a coach can do everything they can, but players will still leave. He truly believes that the players born/raised in the state should stay in the state, no matter what.

All I’m saying is Tennessee has every means to influence a kid to their school I don’t care if they are legacy are not. I hope they are using that influence because I’ve never seen the kid play until last night and you can tell he is gonna be great. Even Izzo said he is a young Durant. I bet you don’t see Ohio State Alabama Georgia losing in state 5 star players of his caliber!

All I’m saying is Tennessee has every means to influence a kid to their school I don’t care if they are legacy are not. I hope they are using that influence because I’ve never seen the kid play until last night and you can tell he is gonna be great. Even Izzo said he is a young Durant. I bet you don’t see Ohio State Alabama Georgia losing in state 5 star players of his caliber!

This just isn't realistic dude. Top players leave their home state all the time. Georgia lost an overall top #50 PG to OSU just this year..... This kid had 2 visits at Tennessee. One official, one unofficial. They took a swing and missed. It happens.

P.S. We probably don't sign Julian Phillips if we get Brandon Miller. You know.... the freshman who put up 25 points for us last night.

Reactions: HeadVol77
Yeah, you do see it, actually. A lot, in fact.

2023 football class, alone...

Caleb Downs - #1 player in the state of Georgia, is going to Alabama.

Justice Haynes - #2 player in the state of Georgia, is going to Alabama.

Christopher Vizzina - #2 player in the state of Alabama, is going to Clemson.

AJ Harris - #4 player in the state of Alabama, is going to Georgia.

Peter Woods - #6 player in the state of Alabama, is going to Clemson.

The top 4 players and 8 of the top 10 players in Georgia are not going to UGA.

I don’t understand why you’re attempting to act like recruiting in football and basketball are the same thing. Only bringing up those schools is a moot point. Basketball recruits leave their home states a lot more than football recruits do.

Yes, you actually do. Sometimes there are individual situations that just can’t be overcome.

I wonder how many of these kids are really "mid-state" by birth or just some of the many carpetbagger/ transplant types that have started to take over the mid-state. They have no allegiance or much of anything else that UT or any other Tennessee university has to offer.

And yet, the Middle Tennessee area sends exponentially more talent to UT than East Tennessee does.

Reactions: savannahfan

Please conduct some simply research before making unsubstantiated posts. GBO!

Cade played here? And Tee’s son isn’t good.

Brandon Miller was recruited hard by Rick Barnes but it was a lost cause Alabama had advantage from day one due to his dads relationship with Nate Oates. We did the same thing to the Bammers this past recruiting cycle we got one of their best in Cade Phillips who was also a legacy, and before you start I know Cade is not a five star but lots of upside who I would rather have for three or four years instead of a cup of coffee one year. I love how Barnes recruits everyone that committed this year are at least 3 year players which I rather have.

VN Store

Back