Brandon Huntley-Hatfield commits

Hopefully with this much talent the personalities can be expertly managed by the staff and the players gel on the court and get along great off of the court. UT history making is there for the taking and it takes a great coach to get this kind of assemblage of talent to play as a united team rather than a collection of individuals. Despite Basilio and his clowns pushing the narrative that CRB cannot get along with some players and has failed repeatedly with the evaluations, the Walker situation is becoming somewhat clearer IMO.

Last edited:
Hopefully with this much talent the personalities can be expertly managed by the staff and the players gel on the court and get along great off of the court. UT history making is there for the making and it takes a great coach to get this kind of assemblage of talent to play as a united team rather than a collection of individuals. Despite Basilio and his clowns pushing the narrative that CRB cannot get along with some players and has failed repeatedly with the evaluations, the Walker situation is becoming somewhat clearer IMO.
What do you think happened with Walker? I’m curious because I haven’t really read much about it on here or heard anything, really.
It disappoints me because I was really looking forward to seeing him in orange!
GBO!!

What do you think happened with Walker? I’m curious because I haven’t really read much about it on here or heard anything, really.
It disappoints me because I was really looking forward to seeing him in orange!
GBO!!

I don’t have an opinion of how much was lack of discipline or effort or not following rules or a motivation technique or punishment or not putting up with an attitude issue. I trust that the coaches know what’s best for all of the players and the team. They have a lot of class and it will not surprise if they continue keep it under wraps so as to not harm the player any further than he’s already done by failing himself. Same with Burns. Barnes could give a complete explanation to put himself in a better light but that isn’t what’s best for the players. I have no issue with Barnes pointing out players’ shortcomings on the court when he doesn’t throw them under the bus for their personal shortcomings.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
3 straight SECT semis and finals 2 consecutive years. Barnes only fell short of the quarterfinals once in 5 tournaments. WTF are you talking about?
Should have used blue font lol I like Coach Barnes and think he was a great choice but still I want to see some banners hung..

There isn't anything official about re-classifying...lol. Everything is understood, and he shows up in the summer when it's time to start school and play ball. Then, he is put on the official roster.

This was what I was referring to when I asked my question. Reclassifying 101: Important Info to Consider Before Reclassifying There appears to be a little more to it VolGee4. Every story I've read, including the referenced ESPN article, says he will reclassify to 2021. 'Will reclassify', being future tense, means this event will happen sometime in the future. My point is I hope there are no hiccups between now, when he is enrolled in classes at UT, and listed on the official UT Men's Basketball Roster of 2021.

Boom!

I am not as tuned into CBB Recruiting as I would like. Can someone explain why UK pulled their offer?
I just read some comments from a UK bb forum. Everything should be read with a grain of salt, but the most common remark was that BHH didn’t have the work ethic needed to play at Kentucky. Another poster said that BHH wanted his AAU coach (Mize) to be present at interviews with KY coaches, and Coach Cal wouldn’t allow that to happen.
Kentucky fans tend to be somewhat ugly when they lose out on a recruit to the Vols. One thread asked fans what their most hated rivals were. UT was picked by a majority, and some comments were less than respectful, to say the least.

Wow, such huge news! I think I'm even more excited by Aidoo though. Aidoo seems more explosive and versatile in his highlight video than BHH. Barnes really hit it out of the park with the two commitments. Hope they both sign.

We should definitely be a top 15 team next year. I’m happy about that. But not sure we can crack top-10 as we’ll have such a youthful roster.

In addition to Maze saying BHH was Michael Beasley level, he said he was able to play 1-5 on offense or defense. Said he could score from any area of the court. Said he couldn't think of a Tennessee player to compare him to besides Wayne Chism but he was like Wayne x10.

VN Store

Back