Bracketology Update, 3/2

I don't know that zero would be that accurate. They've won 6 out of 7. If they should win their final 2 games and at least 1 game in the SEC Tourney, they'll be 8-2 in their last 10 games (21-11, 10-6) including wins over Tennessee and LSU. That being said, its very unlikely they'll win 3 of 4 games upcoming, but its not impossible.

when did Auburn beat LSU?

The only way we draw UNC in the second game is with an 8/9 seed. Are you talking about the 3rd game?

if you go to the 3rd game, a 6 is nearly 3x more likely to advance to the elite 8 than a 5-seed and only 2% less likely than a 4-seed.

a 5-seed is less likely to get to the elite 8 than a 6,7,8 or 10-seed.

honestly its pretty simple, you dont wanna be an 8/9 seed. The lower you can get the better off, im not gonna say id rather be a 6 than a 5. It depends on the matchups that you draw, in some cases being a 7 seed may look better than a 4 for matchups but logical thinking would be the better the seed the better your chances. With that said we can hope for a 5 or 6 seed from tennessee hopefully, which 2 weeks ago some were calling NIT so i cant complain.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

at this point, i'm just glad we're in position to make the aa's for the 4th year in a row.

this team isn't that good, i think you can see some signs of them getting a little better, but nothing i would trust at this point this season.

and while Florida isn't anything to get excited about this season, i like 7-1 against the Gators.

now, if we could just figure out how to beat average KY teams....

and thank Pearl for his scheduling....w/out it, we're not even a bubble team this year.

I'd rather the Vols be a 7 seed than a 5. 5's usually get upset by twelves most years.

That's a horrible attitude. In the second round we would play a 4 or 13 seed instead of the 2nd. Think of UT in 06-07.

Silly 1 in 4 odds are never worse than playing a decent BCS team in the 1st round and a top 6 team in the 2nd.

at this point, i'm just glad we're in position to make the aa's for the 4th year in a row.

this team isn't that good, i think you can see some signs of them getting a little better, but nothing i would trust at this point this season.

and while Florida isn't anything to get excited about this season, i like 7-1 against the Gators.

now, if we could just figure out how to beat average KY teams....

and thank Pearl for his scheduling....w/out it, we're not even a bubble team this year.

I'm glad our younger guys get some more (and in the case of the freshmen , some) NCAA experience. While we don't have high hopes for this season, any extra experience could be valuable down the road.

Hehe, No Gators in there :) I honestly do not see what is so good about that draw, We would play OSU first round and then the winner would get the pleasure of getting hammered by Michigan St the next round :eek:lol:

These bracket guys have a hard enough time predicting seeding, much less the draw we get. There is no way to predict matchups yet. We just need to get the best seed possible and worry about the matchups later.

These bracket guys have a hard enough time predicting seeding, much less the draw we get. There is no way to predict matchups yet. We just need to get the best seed possible and worry about the matchups later.

as long as it's not a '5' :p

Well, Auburn won again. Talked to an old fraternity brother of mine who is a huge UK fan (along with most of my other friends). They're starting to get worried that Auburn might take their spot.

As far as UT's seeding. I'm not real worried about it. To be realistic, none of us are expecting much in the postseason, so let it fall where it does and see what happens. This is a team that could possibly beat anyone if they play their "a" game, or lose to anyone if they don't... just depends on the team that shows up. We'll see.

I would gladly take a first-round win and a competitive second-round game against someone along the lines of Syracuse, Michigan State, etc.

I agree. Tenn could easily put a run together in the NCAA's or they can fold quickly. I think they got 2 wins in them then youth on the perimeter shows up. :crazy:

Looking at the projected 2 seeds, i think we CAN beat most... but i agree with you. Give us a game worth watching, and hopefully pull a surprise or 2.

Yeah, I saw UL hang with UNC in what basically amounted to a home game for the Heels.

I'm just figuring Louisville would likely beat UT as bad as any of the #1s would this year.

Let's not go overboard, UL didn't exactly "hang with" the heels in that game. The outcome of that game was decided rather early on. Hansborough made David Padgett look silly in all aspects of the game.

UL is better this year than last, though. And I think they have a good chance of making it to the final four. In any event, they would certainly beat us handily.

Let's not go overboard, UL didn't exactly "hang with" the heels in that game. The outcome of that game was decided rather early on. Hansborough made David Padgett look silly in all aspects of the game.

UL is better this year than last, though. And I think they have a good chance of making it to the final four. In any event, they would certainly beat us handily.
Not really. I seem to recall the game being in doubt in the second half after UL made a furious comeback before Hansbrough started knocking down several jumpers.

How's this, they hung with UNC better than UT hung with them last year?

The point was that what the Cardinals would do to the Vols this year wouldn't be much, if at all, worse than what any of the ones would do.

thank goodness you arrived when you did to provide us some insight. We were struggling mightily trying to grasp his point.

Pomeroy gives Alabama St. an 8 percent chance of defeating Memphis. That, coupled with their badass interior defense ranking, should be enough to send Memphis packing.

Pomeroy gives Alabama St. an 8 percent chance of defeating Memphis. That, coupled with their badass interior defense ranking, should be enough to send Memphis packing.
you wanna see some badass interior D, check out Ogilvy and the boys at Vandy.

VN Store

Back