Bracketology Update, 3/2

a 6(somewhat unlikely) or 7 or 10 would be great. An 8 or 9 would be awful.

The possible 2s this year are all flawed in more than one way. While I wouldn't favor us over the likes of MSU, Duke, Memphis or Louisville, I like our chances a whole lot more than if we had to go up against a Uconn or NC in round 2. That said, if we get slotted at 8 or 9, I'm praying we're in the region with Pitt.

Did you not watch the Louisville game last year, when UT had their "best team ever"?

did you not watch that louisville/UNC game last year and see what UNC did to them?

I'd gladly take a rematch with louisville over any of those #1s.

I think that if we won out, beat USC and UA and then won the SEC Tourney we could definetely move up to a 6 seed and possibly a 5 seed, and a very far shot at a 4. I would be very pleased with a 6 seed that gives us a good shot at the first round, much better it seems than a 7. I am still holding out hope though that somehow we work our way up to a 5 seed. I think if we win out it's very possible, i think that committee loves our SOS and RPI. Our current RPI basically has us at a 5 seed if you do the math, so win out and i think we may be able to get a 5!!!

did you not watch that louisville/UNC game last year and see what UNC did to them?

I'd gladly take a rematch with louisville over any of those #1s.
Yeah, I saw UL hang with UNC in what basically amounted to a home game for the Heels.

I'm just figuring Louisville would likely beat UT as bad as any of the #1s would this year.

With that setup with us as a #7....If we were to get past OK State....I think Michigan State would eat our lunch and send us packing.

I love how a win over what has proven to be a completely mediocre Florida team has people thinking UT is primed for a run in the 'AAs.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I love how a win over what has proven to be a completely mediocre Florida team has people thinking UT is primed for a run in the 'AAs.

1 win is about all I'd imagine most would expect. Anything beyond is gravy.

I don't think we are getting excited because we beat Florida but it is good that we could get a road win. Florida had won their last 15 at home.

Yeah, I saw UL hang with UNC in what basically amounted to a home game for the Heels.

I'm just figuring Louisville would likely beat UT as bad as any of the #1s would this year.

Louisville is wildly inconsistent, recently lost to notre dame by about 93 points, and in that game vs UNC they were down 12 at half, yes they cut it to 5 with about 6 minutes left, but after that hansborough jumper they were down by about 7+ the rest of the way, finally losing by 10.

Losing by 10 is never a good loss.

Louisville is a decent team that can get on hot streaks just as fast as they can go ice cold. Over the course of several games that's not gonna play too well. We'd probably still lose, but it'd be more of a game.

With that setup with us as a #7....If we were to get past OK State....I think Michigan State would eat our lunch and send us packing.

he's right though, it would be the best possible set-up for us if we landed a #7 seed.

let's be honest about this MSU squad, they would probably beat us 7 out of 10 times, but they've lost to a horrid penn state team at home, a slightly less disgusting northwestern team at home, and an overvalued boilermakers squad. Not to mention they were brutalized by carolina and have collected much of their wins over a really lackluster big 10 conference and 2 OOC games over big-12 no-shows okie state and texas.

Just being realistic.

realistically speaking, the team that should win doesn't always win in this thing called march madness. Ideally you'd want an opponent who you have the BEST CHANCE to upset, which is different than saying "hhaha YES! we're gonna kill sparty!"

realistically speaking, the team that should win doesn't always win in this thing called march madness. Ideally you'd want an opponent who you have the BEST CHANCE to upset, which is different than saying "hhaha YES! we're gonna kill sparty!"

Anything is possible....They could get hot and win a few not arguing that point.

Ironically, as Florida continues its slide into also-ran oblivion, your SOS will slide a wee bit.

VN Store

Back