Bracketmatrix

Thanks. Seems like you post this every year.

I do, because I am a fan of getting a lot more input. I think it is more realistic.

Take UF, for example.

In the current matrix, we are one of a number of play-in 11 seeds. But, we are in the fewest of the total brackets (only appearing in 39 of the 73 used). In fact, that inclusion in only 39 brackets is a really bad signal right now because no one has fewer entries.

The teams on the bubble that tend to get left out are those that don't make it in to the larger number of brackets. We were supposed to lose ot you -- that doesn;t hurt. Losing to S Carolina is bad.

And what really worries me is that in all three SEC games we have wilted in the last couple of minutes. Had a lead on S Carolina, panicked when they came back and played terribly on both sides of the floor. Almost gave up a lead to Arky. And in your game just could not compete with your size.

We have no one taking control in those situations. No poise. Panic. Junk 3's. All the things that point either to not getting in at all, or getting bounced at the first sign of adversity.

It's still early. If you're a borderline team now, all you gotta do is kick it up a notch. UF is in a good spot. If you don't kick it up a notch then you don't deserve it anyway. It looks like South Carolina is pretty good this yr. Get your revenge next time you play them. That loss might not hurt too bad

It's still early. If you're a borderline team now, all you gotta do is kick it up a notch. UF is in a good spot. If you don't kick it up a notch then you don't deserve it anyway. It looks like South Carolina is pretty good this yr. Get your revenge next time you play them. That loss might not hurt too bad

I appreciate the kind words but just don't see it for UF this year. NIT or bust, imo

I appreciate the kind words but just don't see it for UF this year. NIT or bust, imo

Lunardi has them as a 9 seed right now. All you gotta do is maintain that and you're in. If Lunardi says you're a 9 seed then you're in. He doesn't miss by that much.

I do, because I am a fan of getting a lot more input. I think it is more realistic.

Take UF, for example.

In the current matrix, we are one of a number of play-in 11 seeds. But, we are in the fewest of the total brackets (only appearing in 39 of the 73 used). In fact, that inclusion in only 39 brackets is a really bad signal right now because no one has fewer entries.

The teams on the bubble that tend to get left out are those that don't make it in to the larger number of brackets. We were supposed to lose ot you -- that doesn;t hurt. Losing to S Carolina is bad.

And what really worries me is that in all three SEC games we have wilted in the last couple of minutes. Had a lead on S Carolina, panicked when they came back and played terribly on both sides of the floor. Almost gave up a lead to Arky. And in your game just could not compete with your size.

We have no one taking control in those situations. No poise. Panic. Junk 3's. All the things that point either to not getting in at all, or getting bounced at the first sign of adversity.
Florida’s biggest problem on the court is Jalen Hudson. He’s terrible and shoots it way too much

This guy has been one of the most accurate over the years. If there were one I'd follow it's him. He has us as a 1 seed in the Anaheim region
Bracketology

Andy Katz's latest bracket
DxNQ2NLWsAEeB-8.jpg

Did he move us overnight? We are in the midwest where we belong, now.

I'm not sure why we belong in the midwest. I think we belong in the south playing in Louisville where more of our fans could make the shorter road trip. Today is when that begins to fall in place. We'll take care of business as usual and Michigan will finally be tested on the road at Wisconsin. Like our SEC schedule, both Michigan and Michigan state have their most challenging games still ahead of them. Michigan @ Wisconsin is a must watch game leading up to ours. When all the dust settles, UT will be the 1 seed in the south, where we really belong. JMHO.

GBO

I'm not sure why we belong in the midwest. I think we belong in the south playing in Louisville where more of our fans could make the shorter road trip. Today is when that begins to fall in place. We'll take care of business as usual and Michigan will finally be tested on the road at Wisconsin. Like our SEC schedule, both Michigan and Michigan state have their most challenging games still ahead of them. Michigan @ Wisconsin is a must watch game leading up to ours. When all the dust settles, UT will be the 1 seed in the south, where we really belong. JMHO.

GBO
At the time I posted that, Michigan belonged in Louisville just based on where the media had them, not my personal opinion. With Michigan losing, that probably kicks them to the midwest and us to the south, pending today's outcome for us.

Updated

Last edited:
At the time I posted that, Michigan belonged in Louisville just based on where the media had them, not my personal opinion. With Michigan losing, that probably kicks them to the midwest and us to the south, pending today's outcome for us.

I understand. We both agree. The cream is rising to the top.

VN Store

Back